Huntington High Jr RB Amari Felder ( football & track) commits to Ironton for 22/23 season

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Re: Huntington High Jr RB Amari Felder ( football & track) commits to Ironton for 22/23 season

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

Correction me if I’s worong, but wasn’t Landon Wilson the best rb for us last year?

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Huntington High Jr RB Amari Felder ( football & track) commits to Ironton for 22/23 season

Post by wobycat »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:07 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:42 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:21 pm Ironton got a kid from Northwest also.
What position does he play, and what grade will he be in next year?
RB and going to be a sophomore.
Let’s see if he sits out the back half of the season like the rules are written

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Is he still living in NW District? If family moved, no sitting out.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:37 pm Is he still living in NW District? If family moved, no sitting out.
Is what the kid from Huntington do? Move 45 minutes down the road to Ironton?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

30 minutes. :lol:

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Post by Chilly_D_Castro »

wobycat wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:01 pm
TigerBob wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:37 pm Is he still living in NW District? If family moved, no sitting out.
Been a lot of Huntington athletes make that move over the years. That pipeline goes back to the Lutz era.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Yes

I believe Portsmouth and South Webster is closer to Wheelersburg than Huntington is to Ironton, correct me if I’m wrong 😁, isn’t that where the Pirates get the majority of their transfers?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:07 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:42 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:21 pm Ironton got a kid from Northwest also.
What position does he play, and what grade will he be in next year?
RB and going to be a sophomore.
Thanks for the info.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:29 am
Yes

I believe Portsmouth and South Webster is closer to Wheelersburg than Huntington is to Ironton, correct me if I’m wrong 😁, isn’t that where the Pirates get the majority of their transfers?

You mean the kids that went there since grade school? Probably. I think burg should wait for these kids to develop at other schools first before letting them in. See if they pan out. Ironton is smart. Wait and see what their forty time will be before acceptance.

Apples to oranges. Apples to oranges.

I mean for crying out loud the kids Twitter actually said if college coaches are looking for me, I attend Ironton. Lol

Better question. Next year. What’s the transfer portal look like for Ironton?

Schools Ironton has resourced in last three years.

West Portsmouth
Northwest
Lucasville valley
Mississippi high school?
Ashland
Raceland
Burg
Huntington high.
Rock hill.

Eventually they are going to come up with the right combination to beat burg and kirtland. Bound to happen

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

wobycat wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:36 am

Yes

You mean the kids that went there since grade school? Probably. I think burg should wait for these kids to develop at other schools first before letting them in. See if they pan out. Ironton is smart. Wait and see what their forty time will be before acceptance.

I mean for crying out loud the kids Twitter actually said if college coaches are looking for me, I attend Ironton. Lol

West Portsmouth
Northwest
Lucasville valley
Mississippi high school?
Ashland
Raceland
Burg
Huntington high.
Rock hill.

Eventually they are going to come up with the right combination to beat burg and kirtland. Bound to happen
Ironton has beat burg in 2 of last three and the only close one was the game burg won right?

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Paraphrasing woby... "Transferring to wheelersburg - good; transferring to Ironton - bad".

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Yes

West Portsmouth
Northwest
Lucasville valley
Mississippi high school?
Ashland
Raceland
Burg
Huntington high.
Rock hill.

You continue to whine and sound bitter. Why didn’t you tell the kids who transferred to Wheelersburg for football and softball because they wanted to be part of a good program and have a good experience, why didn’t you step up and tell their parents thanks but we don’t believe in transfers , also we won’t sit our own kids down for yours, show me your post where you did that.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ed Gennero wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:31 am

Yes

West Portsmouth
Northwest
Lucasville valley
Mississippi high school?
Ashland
Raceland
Burg
Huntington high.
Rock hill.

You continue to whine and sound bitter. Why didn’t you tell the kids who transferred to Wheelersburg for football and softball because they wanted to be part of a good program and have a good experience, why didn’t you step up and tell their parents thanks but we don’t believe in transfers , also we won’t sit our own kids down for yours, show me your post where you did that.
You’re missing the point. With woby there’s always a reason/excuse why their came to Burg, but it’s not justified if the same thing happens with Ironton.

He’s a good poster on all things not dealing with Ironton football. When it comes to Ironton football threads he constantly beats a dead horse and makes himself look like a fool over and over again. Thought it would stop last year but looks like he’s started again before this new season even starts.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:08 pm

West Portsmouth
Northwest
Lucasville valley
Mississippi high school?
Ashland
Raceland
Burg
Huntington high.
Rock hill.

You’re missing the point. With woby there’s always a reason/excuse why their came to Burg, but it’s not justified if the same thing happens with Ironton.

He’s a good poster on all things not dealing with Ironton football. When it comes to Ironton football threads he constantly beats a dead horse and makes himself look like a fool over and over again. Thought it would stop last year but looks like he’s started again before this new season even starts.
I will continue to be that guy. I don’t feel like I’m being foolish about it. I’ll continue to beat a dead horse. Feel free to skip me on this topic. I honestly don’t care what people do, where they go, who they play for. Stack those teams. Enjoy the great experience. Just don’t expect everyone to agree with it.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

wobycat wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:24 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:08 pm

I will continue to be that guy. I don’t feel like I’m being foolish about it. I’ll continue to beat a dead horse. Feel free to skip me on this topic. I honestly don’t care what people do, where they go, who they play for. Stack those teams. Enjoy the great experience. Just don’t expect everyone to agree with it.

Do you hate Wheelersburg softball?

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

I hear they got an "apartment". Sibling still goes to Northwest

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

JTEK wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:16 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:57 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:48 pm

The bigger question is will it help them against the burg ?
No way, the Burg is the team to beat.
we will see if ironton has enough talent to overcome Burgs coaching advantage. it will be interesting

Speaking of advantages
Attachments
Screenshot_20220418-134936_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220418-123455_Facebook.jpg

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Coaching Staffs from Ohio State, Cincinnati, Kent State and Coastal Carolina will be in Tiger Town this Friday.

Go Fighting Tigers……

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to Amari on receiving his first College offer from Fairmont State.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:29 pm
Mission15 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:12 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:22 am Heck of a RB but coming into a crowded RB room with Carter and Keyes. Someone's going to be the odd man out and I can't imagine them being happy about that.

Nonetheless, still good recruiting by Ironton. Nice get.
It is not recruiting. When you promote your program the way Ironton does, and get kids multiple D1 visits, offers, and exposure, who wouldn't want to come to Ironton? Ironton has Power 5 football coaches around the program 12 months a year, who else in the area can even come close to offering that? The game has changed, the climate has changed, kids have changed, parents have changed, the whole entire landscape of high school athletics has changed, and those who adapt and take advantage will have the most success. You gotta be crazy if you don't want to be an Ironton Fighting Tigers right now!

Ummm promotion and marketing are apects of recruiting. That's exactly what it is.

And ftr I don't disagree with it. It's 2022. I'm not one of these old lawrence co ohio locals who can't evolve. But yea, it's recruiting 1000%
Promoting your program is NOT recruiting.

Return to “Football”