The way too early Ironton @ Burg week one thread: Tigers visit Ed Miller stadium for 1st time in 3 years

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

The way too early Ironton @ Burg week one thread: Tigers visit Ed Miller stadium for 1st time in 3 years

Post by Chilly_D_Castro »

So many narratives.

Ironton has won 2 of last 3.
Burg defeated Ironton convincingly in last seasons regional playoff matchup after Ironton had defeated them convincingly week one.
Ironton loaded at the skill positions with multiple D1 kids.
For the 1st time in at least 3 matchups Burg will enjoy the advantage of experience at the los.
Will QB1 be healthy and ready to go week 1 for Tigers?
Revenge?
Redemption?
Or does Burg put on an exclamation point and beat Ironton in huge back to back games?

This might be the biggest, most hyped and anticipated matchup ever in this series.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Re: The way too early Ironton @ Burg week one thread: Tigers visit Ed Miller stadium for 1st time in 3 years

Post by Ed Gennero »

Wheelersburg is the early favorite. I’ll pick wheelersburg by 10

SPelf
Freshman Team

Re: The way too early Ironton @ Burg week one thread: Tigers visit Ed Miller stadium for 1st time in 3 years

Post by SPelf »

I may be way off base here... but with all of these hyped players for ironton, is there any merit to the idea that maybe these players will worry more about showing out personally then being a team player? Or pressure on Ironton staff to put the ball into so many sets of hands so as to appease those watching? Not saying there is, just a thought.

It seems to this layman that burg is more system oriented, rather than keying in on having 1 or 2 statistical monsters. Burg attacks with depth and the kids all seem to buy into it and are ok with 5 or 6 kids getting 300-500 yards.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Give me the Orange and black in this one

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

It'll be the same as last year in this regard. Ironton will have the clear advantage on the field. Wheelersburg has the clear advantage in coaching. Which one will win out ? Ironton should win by 3-4 scores. But, I think they'll win a tight game.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

LockHerUp wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:05 am It'll be the same as last year in this regard. Ironton will have the clear advantage on the field. Wheelersburg has the clear advantage in coaching. Which one will win out ? Ironton should win by 3-4 scores. But, I think they'll win a tight game.
Who has the recruiting advantage?

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Neck-and-neck on that one...

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

LockHerUp wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:16 pm Neck-and-neck on that one...
Who is on Burg's recruiting list in the past five years? Any names anyone would recognize?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I don’t think Ironton can hang with the Burg this year. Burg has too much firepower and little ole Ironton is gonna struggle matching up with all of Burgs athletes. Let’s just hope Ironton can keep it close. 🤣🤣🤣

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

A week one victory would be nice…but if I had to choose, I’d take the week 13 or after victory every time 😉

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Just hope Ironton can keep it close.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

XandOs wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:36 am I don’t think Ironton can hang with the Burg this year. Burg has too much firepower and little ole Ironton is gonna struggle matching up with all of Burgs athletes. Let’s just hope Ironton can keep it close. 🤣🤣🤣
I agree

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton by 2 scores in this one 28-14 Ironton is stacked at RB and WR QB 1 has to stay healthy'
As for the O-line experience may be missing but they are still huge and quick.
Should be a great game and hopefully both teams plays' well and come out injury free.

Return to “Football”