All Conference

Re: Wellston Football

Post by vcgrad »

They are more worried about a new football field than getting a coach

sgtwilliamjames
Waterboy

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

vcgrad wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:14 am So sad the board does not do whats right for the kids.......
their are people in the comunity who have logts of pull in the decisions

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Mission15 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:11 am
Ground Buck wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:06 am
Runner00 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:58 pm Wellston hires a football coach like literally every 2-3 years.
This year it's every 2 -3 months. :mrgreen:
I mean is anyone surprised? This is the same school system that botched an opportunity for ESPN to make their football complex great for SE Ohio, but the locals fought change, and now they have one of the worst facilities in the entire area, with a little paint job on their undersized bleachers. Yep, lipstick on a pig, when ESPN was willing to make it much better on their dime, what a waste. Wellston and head scratching decisions go hand in hand.
Chiming in here because I gotta stop you on that one. No opportunity was botched from ESPN... ESPN Made promises based on their name alone.. SEVERAL local businesses donated and were glad to. but the bigger ones ROGUE, the turf company, etc... , that they thought would just buy in because of their name and advertisement didn't... sorry but no-one in there right mind is going to donate a quarter of a million dollars in weight equipment and 3 quarters of a million dollar turf field for advertising... Why do you think the show only ran for one season???

The bleacher covers that were put up were the only substantial donation that didn't come from local folks.. There is tons of red tape and hurdles to shows like this and unfortunately they didn't pan out well for us, and I'm sure the other 3 communities that were awarded the opportunity have their own complaints.

Uniforms from Russell Athletics were donated but they were no where near as nice as what the School and booster club had already purchased the year prior so they were not used.. Further more a lot of things were unable to be used due to prior contracts with other vendors like Pepsico (All of the coke and powerade gear was not allowed to be used without removal of branding).

The Xenith helmets that were donated were used heavily until they were no longer safe for reconditioning, and it was cheaper to return to Riddell 360s than move on to the Xenith X2's at the time.

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

I'm hearing a hire has been made... going with a veteran with 38 years, 14 in college and 24 in high school, I'm guessing he might even just be a stop gap for the time being... Last head gig was at FHS.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

WildManWill wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:54 pm I'm hearing a hire has been made... going with a veteran with 38 years, 14 in college and 24 in high school, I'm guessing he might even just be a stop gap for the time being... Last head gig was at FHS.
Karl Justus

Rocketfan
Waterboy

Post by Rocketfan »

Wellston has hired Karl Justus as football coach.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Wellston has hired its new Head Football Coach Karl Justus.
Congrats

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

Great hire by Wellston. He doesn’t stay anywhere for long but his experience is extensive.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

Could bring some stability, I think he just left Federal Hocking because he realized you cannot win their.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

What a great hire???? Are you kidding----its because NO ONE wants to work for Wellston City Schools-- they could not find anyone else......So sad for the kids...

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

vcgrad wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:42 am What a great hire???? Are you kidding----its because NO ONE wants to work for Wellston City Schools-- they could not find anyone else......So sad for the kids...
Welcome to the TVC. Well, we'll officially welcome you with a thorough butt whipping, but for now congrats. :mrgreen:

I know, I was D1 fellas
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Rocketfan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:39 pm Wellston has hired Karl Justus as football coach.
WOW! Timmy. Just WOW!

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Pat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:08 pm
Rocketfan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:39 pm Wellston has hired Karl Justus as football coach.
WOW! Timmy. Just WOW!
Thats' certainly a head scratcher. Did Wellston just top even themselves on this one? :o

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good luck

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

What a mess!

Albundy33
Riding the Bench

Post by Albundy33 »

Will all the kids be staying or looking to go else where

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Albundy33 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:05 pm Will all the kids be staying or looking to go else where
Let's just say Jackson is extremely happy with who Wellston hired. The strong will continue to prosper as a result of poor decisions by the weak. :mrgreen:

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:59 pm
Albundy33 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:05 pm Will all the kids be staying or looking to go else where
Let's just say Jackson is extremely happy with who Wellston hired. The strong will continue to prosper as a result of poor decisions by the weak. :mrgreen:
Someone that’s already in Jackson? Or just the kid of the coach you guys hired for a few weeks?

Albundy33
Riding the Bench

Post by Albundy33 »

Jackson always seems to get the transfers from the surrounding schools kind of like the kids on the river got to ironton

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Albundy33 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:01 pm Jackson always seems to get the transfers from the surrounding schools kind of like the kids on the river got to ironton
Yeah, we are scathingly dirty. Who are we getting from Wellston?

Return to “Football”