Wellston Football

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Re: Wellston Football

Post by Billy Brave »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:53 pm
Albundy33 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:42 pm I wish the kids good luck no matter where they are. Is vc really turning it around that good to get some transfers in
I’m not in that loop but I really thought the new coach had things going real well and kids buying in.
Wellston was once the armpit of the SEOAL. They are now the armpit of the TVC. The coach they hired won't be able to change that.

Tanksdad
Waterboy

Post by Tanksdad »

You do understand that the kids from Wellston play as hard as they can and are only as good as what they are taught so please refrain from putting the Students down. To begin with all high school sports starts with the Administration and who they hire. My father, my brothers, my children all went to and graduated from Wellston and we all support the children of this district, so please put the blame where it should be.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Give the new coaching staff a chance. Good Luck Golden Rockets!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Tanksdad wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:10 pm You do understand that the kids from Wellston play as hard as they can and are only as good as what they are taught so please refrain from putting the Students down. To begin with all high school sports starts with the Administration and who they hire. My father, my brothers, my children all went to and graduated from Wellston and we all support the children of this district, so please put the blame where it should be.

One can only imagine what Wellston footballs history would have been since the early 1990s.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Tanksdad wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:10 pm You do understand that the kids from Wellston play as hard as they can and are only as good as what they are taught so please refrain from putting the Students down. To begin with all high school sports starts with the Administration and who they hire. My father, my brothers, my children all went to and graduated from Wellston and we all support the children of this district, so please put the blame where it should be.
The old tried and true, "don't put down the kids..." Well, on this thread I've seem everyone blamed except 'the kids." So try some other tactic because that one, per usual, is irrelevant.

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

How’s Wellston’s summer going? Hearing the numbers are pretty low.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The County Resident wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:24 pm How’s Wellston’s summer going? Hearing the numbers are pretty low.
I heard the numbers were low but the last info I got was around 35 kids. That’s not terrible considering the off-season this program has gone through.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

The County Resident wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:24 pm How’s Wellston’s summer going? Hearing the numbers are pretty low.
Not going well, the Vinton Rockets look good though.

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:46 pm
I heard the numbers were low but the last info I got was around 35 kids. That’s not terrible considering the off-season this program has gone through.
35 is well over the numbers I was hearing. That’s solid. Probably around their usual numbers.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The County Resident wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:38 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:46 pm
35 is well over the numbers I was hearing. That’s solid. Probably around their usual numbers.
Yea I believe they normally ride between 40-45.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

How’s wellston looking ? I think 0-10 is possible. There kids will be shining in McArthur. How did they go from Coach Smith to this ?

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Ed Gennero wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:46 pm How’s wellston looking ? I think 0-10 is possible. There kids will be shining in McArthur. How did they go from Coach Smith to this ?
:o :o :o

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Ed Gennero wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:46 pm How’s wellston looking ? I think 0-10 is possible. There kids will be shining in McArthur. How did they go from Coach Smith to this ?
Because it’s Wellston

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

You guys need to walk it back. This guy they hired is a proven winner. The moms that stop in my store sure do seem happy. He must know how to handle them. Wellston will curb stomp Oak Hill week one.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Tvc2010
Waterboy

Post by Tvc2010 »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:56 pm
Not going well, the Vinton Rockets look good though.
How many transfers to VC are we talking?

Return to “Football”