Wellston Football

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Re: Wellston Football

Post by Billy Brave »

^^^ So, why sign on to take the job of HC when you knew they may not be able to give you a teaching position that would suit your needs? Not fair to the program, the school or the players to do that and then resign a few months later IMO.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

I don't know what's going on, but there is something seriously off about this situation.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:00 pm I don't know what's going on, but there is something seriously off about this situation.
For sure.

Mulga Roadrunner
Waterboy

Post by Mulga Roadrunner »

Billy Brave wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:01 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:00 pm I don't know what's going on, but there is something seriously off about this situation.
For sure.
Rumor down here on Mulga Road is that Yates wants the VC athletic director job. That’s why he cut and ran from Wellston.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Mulga Roadrunner wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:04 pm
For sure.
Rumor down here on Mulga Road is that Yates wants the VC athletic director job. That’s why he cut and ran from Wellston.
He probably realized he couldn't win at Wellston and didn't want to bring his son to that mess. Kind of screwed the Wellston kids over, but being a VC/Jackson guy heck that might have been his plan all along.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Mulga Roadrunner wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:04 pm
For sure.
So is Combs on his way out?

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

The question for Wellston is, what now? Can they attract a quality coach now that this mess has happened? Do they know how to go about hiring a successful coach? Do they care? Or is it all just a power trip by whoever is in power?

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Rumor mill in Ross County is certainly swirling in regards to Combs. Any VC ppl or ppl close to that school have any input?

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:19 pm Rumor mill in Ross County is certainly swirling in regards to Combs. Any VC ppl or ppl close to that school have any input?
My sources in VC say he is gone. Staying till June to train new AD once one is hired…. Don’t know how reliable that info is but source swore that’s what is happening.

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

Also hearing a coach has been reached out to and he is willing to take the job, working to assemble staff… kids threatening to leave will stay if this gentleman is approved by board..

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

WildManWill wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:55 pm Also hearing a coach has been reached out to and he is willing to take the job, working to assemble staff… kids threatening to leave will stay if this gentleman is approved by board..
I'm guessing that is "Dutch." Good for the program if so.

sgtwilliamjames
Waterboy

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

how will the unceratinty about basketball and the shenanigans over at oak hill effect the decision makiing process for the job

RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

sgtwilliamjames wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:49 am how will the unceratinty about basketball and the shenanigans over at oak hill effect the decision makiing process for the job
Are there no good coaches in that county/area? Or just none who wan to coach at Wellston or Oak Hill? With all the nonsense who can really blame them if they don't?

Harvey Wells
Waterboy

Post by Harvey Wells »

RadioLady wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:33 am
sgtwilliamjames wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:49 am how will the unceratinty about basketball and the shenanigans over at oak hill effect the decision makiing process for the job
Are there no good coaches in that county/area? Or just none who wan to coach at Wellston or Oak Hill? With all the nonsense who can really blame them if they don't?
Plenty of good coaches in the town I founded, radiolady. It’s too bad we don’t have any good radioladies though. What is radio anyway? Is that a new thing?

Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

RadioLady wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:33 am
Yes there are good coaches they just don’t have a teaching degree. That’s the sad part. It’s not set up to help the kids.

OaksGuy
Waterboy

Post by OaksGuy »

Guy from Wellston is being named Oak Hills next head coach. Seth Bledsoe? Don’t know much about him

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Job has been reposted in house.

Tanksdad
Waterboy

Post by Tanksdad »

I feel for all the athletes at Wellston, Administrators do not seem to want quality coaches and it shows. Football is not the only program in Wellston that needs good coaches

21bwc
Waterboy

Post by 21bwc »

Are any of the others that interviewed still interested in the job? Or are the powers that be not interested in any of them? What one person turns away could be another’s opportunity.

I was once told it did not matter what choice you were but only if you get the job!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Billy Brave wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:30 am ^^^ So, why sign on to take the job of HC when you knew they may not be able to give you a teaching position that would suit your needs? Not fair to the program, the school or the players to do that and then resign a few months later IMO.
Because he was told that he would have a teaching position that suited his needs. The administration changed its mind. So here we are.

Return to “Football”