Wellston Football

Mulga Roadrunner
Waterboy

Re: Wellston Football

Post by Mulga Roadrunner »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:20 pm
Albundy33 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:01 pm Jackson always seems to get the transfers from the surrounding schools kind of like the kids on the river got to ironton
Yeah, we are scathingly dirty. Who are we getting from Wellston?
You disagree with Bundys statement?

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

I have heard the brown kid was going to Jackson is what I heard but you know how rumors are

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Albundy33 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:11 pm I have heard the brown kid was going to Jackson is what I heard but you know how rumors are
I’d guess VC for him if he left.

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

Then who all went to Jackson

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Wellston wont win a game this year... You wait and see. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

Let us in on the insider info

Mulga Roadrunner
Waterboy

Post by Mulga Roadrunner »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:39 pm Wellston wont win a game this year... You wait and see. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hold on a second.. let’s look at this thing game by game here before we make such a crazy statement.

@ Oak Hill WIN

We beat them easily last year and they have had just as much trouble on the off-season as us.

Fairland Loss

Will be tough playing a solid program in fairland. I would think they would have the upper hand here.

Minford Tossup

Minford and Wellston have had some great battles over the years. I think this one could go either way.

@ Portsmouth West Loss

West is getting back to their winning ways and I just think traveling down there will be hard to come back with a win.

Alexander Win

Alex is on some hard times right now. Beat em last year, will do it again this year.

@ River Valley Win

RV has been consistently the worst team in the Ohio the last few years. That won’t change.

Nelsonville Loss

Defending champs will be hard to beat.

@Athens Tossup

Athens is a long way from Joey B and the Bulldogs. This one could go either way.

@ Meigs Win

Without Cleeland, who’s left?

Vinton Co Tossup

VC got us last year but that had to have been the worst game I have seen us play in a while. Rivalry games always go either way.

That’s at least 4-7 wins by my count. Not a great year but definitely not 0-10. 🙄

Playoffs could be a possibility.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Looks like 3-4 wins to me.

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

Depends on who is left everyone keeps saying that kids are transferring but who and how many

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Mulga Roadrunner wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:35 pm
vcgrad wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:39 pm Wellston wont win a game this year... You wait and see. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hold on a second.. let’s look at this thing game by game here before we make such a crazy statement.

@ Oak Hill WIN

We beat them easily last year and they have had just as much trouble on the off-season as us.

Fairland Loss

Will be tough playing a solid program in fairland. I would think they would have the upper hand here.

Minford Tossup

Minford and Wellston have had some great battles over the years. I think this one could go either way.

@ Portsmouth West Loss

West is getting back to their winning ways and I just think traveling down there will be hard to come back with a win.

Alexander Win

Alex is on some hard times right now. Beat em last year, will do it again this year.

@ River Valley Win

RV has been consistently the worst team in the Ohio the last few years. That won’t change.

Nelsonville Loss

Defending champs will be hard to beat.

@Athens Tossup

Athens is a long way from Joey B and the Bulldogs. This one could go either way.

@ Meigs Win

Without Cleeland, who’s left?

Vinton Co Tossup

VC got us last year but that had to have been the worst game I have seen us play in a while. Rivalry games always go either way.

That’s at least 4-7 wins by my count. Not a great year but definitely not 0-10. 🙄

Playoffs could be a possibility.
If they win 7 this year after the mess they've had going on Jackson needs to get them back on the schedule. That would be a lot of playoff points to go with the annual beatdown. :mrgreen:

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

I hope Wellston gets their sheeet together sometime soon. Be great to have them on the schedule with some major playoff points on the line.

sgtwilliamjames
Waterboy

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

heed that g brown went to vc. Was the player with most potential for wellston

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

How would vc pull out one over Jackson I agree he has the highest upside are there other leaving too

sgtwilliamjames
Waterboy

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

Albundy33 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:46 pm How would vc pull out one over Jackson I agree he has the highest upside are there other leaving too
is the qb staying? what about reciever 27?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Albundy33 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:46 pm How would vc pull out one over Jackson I agree he has the highest upside are there other leaving too
Seemed obvious to me. He used to play there I believe and VC has a good thing going and should do well in the TVC and see the playoffs. Not sure his position but Jackson has good depth at several positions and maybe that’s his position 🤷🏻‍♂️

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:10 pm
Seemed obvious to me. He used to play there I believe and VC has a good thing going and should do well in the TVC and see the playoffs. Not sure his position but Jackson has good depth at several positions and maybe that’s his position 🤷🏻‍♂️
He’s going back to VC mainly because of basketball not football.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hsfbfan wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:22 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:10 pm
He’s going back to VC mainly because of basketball not football.
There you go. Good luck to the kid.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I think Wellston can salvage something here. They do have a tough non conference schedule but the new coach should definitely play the underdog card this summer and fall. I guess it’s damage control time for the Rockets.

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

I wish the kids good luck no matter where they are. Is vc really turning it around that good to get some transfers in

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Albundy33 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:42 pm I wish the kids good luck no matter where they are. Is vc really turning it around that good to get some transfers in
I’m not in that loop but I really thought the new coach had things going real well and kids buying in.

Return to “Football”