Wellston Football

WildManWill
Waterboy

Wellston Football

Post by WildManWill »

Rumor has it the new coach is having some troubles in finding a teaching job at the school… supposedly stepping down from the position because of it? Any truth??

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Wellston Football

Post by countywide35 »

WildManWill wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:05 am Rumor has it the new coach is having some troubles in finding a teaching job at the school… supposedly stepping down from the position because of it? Any truth??

Heard the resignation was handed in this morning

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Don’t know if it’s true or not

Mulga Roadrunner
Waterboy

Post by Mulga Roadrunner »

It’s true. I guess an assistant wasn’t approved so the coach is making it look like it’s the schools fault for not giving him a specific teaching job that he didn’t mention he had to have until after the assistant was deemed unfit for the position by the school. Sounds like an easy way out for the coach. Sad for the kids. Guess that’s what you get when you hire a VC guy and staff.

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

Mulga Roadrunner wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:24 am It’s true. I guess an assistant wasn’t approved so the coach is making it look like it’s the schools fault for not giving him a specific teaching job that he didn’t mention he had to have until after the assistant was deemed unfit for the position by the school. Sounds like an easy way out for the coach. Sad for the kids. Guess that’s what you get when you hire a VC guy and staff.
Crazy.. definitely a rough upcoming year for the golden rockets with no coach this late in the offseason.

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

WildManWill wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:30 am
Mulga Roadrunner wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:24 am It’s true. I guess an assistant wasn’t approved so the coach is making it look like it’s the schools fault for not giving him a specific teaching job that he didn’t mention he had to have until after the assistant was deemed unfit for the position by the school. Sounds like an easy way out for the coach. Sad for the kids. Guess that’s what you get when you hire a VC guy and staff.
Crazy.. definitely a rough upcoming year for the golden rockets with no coach this late in the offseason.
That's too bad, I was really hoping this group could keep Wellston going in a good direction. Hate that for all parties involved.

RocketDad77
Waterboy

Post by RocketDad77 »

The board will have their truth and he will have his. Actual truth probably in the middle somewhere. I have heard from several people though that someone on the board promised him a job with the coaching spot. Which board members aren't really in charge of but this one seems to think they are the total authority of all things with wellston schools if somethings I'm hearing are true. Either way its terrible for the kids and who just want to work hard have fun and play some ball.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Said this once. And rings true again.

Whatever the reason it is. The WHS football coach job is a revolving door. Always will be.

And who suffers……THE KIDS

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Not really an easy way for the coach to bail. It’s the first sign that no matter what he wants or needs to make the program go the administration is in total control not the coach and the admin will throw him under the bus to keep theirselves on the upper hand. So I don’t blame him. And I Gurantee his kid is sitting in Jackson school first day back from Spring Break thanking gosh he’s getting to play for Jackson instead of wellston.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:07 pm

If he didn’t communicate a teaching need or wants a coach that’s not approved? How does an assistant not get approved. Is the new superintendent involved in this?
Not really an easy way for the coach to bail. It’s the first sign that no matter what he wants or needs to make the program go the administration is in total control not the coach and the admin will throw him under the bus to keep theirselves on the upper hand. So I don’t blame him. And I Gurantee his kid is sitting in Jackson school first day back from Spring Break thanking gosh he’s getting to play for Jackson instead of wellston.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

What a mess. But I remember reading a post on here that someone wrote saying they were making a huge mistake by hiring that guy. Guess they were right all along.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Gray Cat wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:02 pm What a mess. But I remember reading a post on here that someone wrote saying they were making a huge mistake by hiring that guy. Guess they were right all along.
BUt no one wanted to hear about that

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

The Moms are actually happy about this. They bought a crap ton of donuts and milk this morning for their weekly feed. Seemed in good spirits. Those girls are big.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Chaos
Last edited by GRFan on Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

It wasn't the Vinton County guy that MESSED this up. This particular Vinton County guy (me) wondered why he wanted the job anyway? As I stated before, Wellstonites always seemed to get in their own way. As I heard it, the Vinton County guy was promised a teaching job that would be conducive to building a football program, you know, being available for strength and conditioning, game planning, facility management, and of course, practicing. However, the Vinton County guy was not offered that position. They simply baited and switched him. So, as incoming football coach, how could you be comfortable in taking a position that wasn't promised? That is not a great way to begin a new program. Heck...even a Vinton County guy could see that. :roll: :lol:

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

I heard they wanted him to teach math and he said no.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Not sure what the truth is behind the one. It’s definitely an unfortunate situation for the kids either way. It’s almost summer time and they still have no coach.

Ben Buckles
Waterboy

Post by Ben Buckles »

Hawkeyepierce is very close. The rest of you way off. Nolan was told he would have a high school or middle school teaching position. He is now being told they only have an elementary math job open. That means he gets to practice and weights an hour late. Not feasable to do that and build a program.

Ben Buckles
Waterboy

Post by Ben Buckles »

Oh, one more thing for the "keyboard toughguys", you have any thing to say to Nolan, grow a pair, and talk to him face to face.

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

The version I’ve been told is what Hawkeye stated above

Return to “Football”