Meigs Football 2022

on the black
Freshman Team

Re: Meigs Football 2022

Post by on the black »

Real shame when you have one of the best coaches in the area and people getting on here to dog him. Problem at Meigs has always been the dozens of coaches sitting in the stands who think they know it all

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

on the black wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:24 pm Real shame when you have one of the best coaches in the area and people getting on here to dog him. Problem at Meigs has always been the dozens of coaches sitting in the stands who think they know it all
You find one winning season in tenants career with articles to back it up and post on here then you can argue what you want about how good he is, man has never had a winning record in his career

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:19 pm
on the black wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:24 pm Real shame when you have one of the best coaches in the area and people getting on here to dog him. Problem at Meigs has always been the dozens of coaches sitting in the stands who think they know it all
You find one winning season in tenants career with articles to back it up and post on here then you can argue what you want about how good he is, man has never had a winning record in his career
But he was "D1" so he must be a great coach, right? Just like NFL was before him because we all know anyone who played in the NFL has to be a great coach. :mrgreen:

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

Eastern, 2012. 6-4. Upset by southern last game of the season or would’ve been easterns first playoff team in over a decade. Did amazing things with minimal talent.

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

on the black wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:38 pm
Eastern, 2012. 6-4. Upset by southern last game of the season or would’ve been easterns first playoff team in over a decade. Did amazing things with minimal talent.
Witnessed it with my own eyes. If you need articles dig it up I’m not going that far back in the sentinels record

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

on the black wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:40 pm

Witnessed it with my own eyes. If you need articles dig it up I’m not going that far back in the sentinels record
I wouldn't call any season that you lost to Southern "amazing." But I guess when you only have one winning season in your entire career, compared to the rest of the seasons maybe it seemed "amazing" to you. :o

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Come on coach. You really think anyone thinks you did an "amazing" job coaching when you lost to a lowly team from Racine? And oh by the way Eastern has had several playoff teams, not to mention many 7-3, 8-2, 9-1 and even a few undefeated seasons. So, 6-4 is more of a let down season than it is "amazing." :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

on the black wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:40 pm

What was it like playing at OU being 4th string? I know they let you run onto the field to get the kicking tee, and that's why they let you dress, but other than that did you get on the field during any games? Had to be a blast playing D1 ball, even if you never did get to play. Most never get the chance. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

From Rumors i've heard around the county sounds like D1 quarterback Coulter Clelands little brother Griffin Cleland will be lined up at quarter Back as a junior with returning starting running back junior Conlee Burnem, And three senior Receivers in Conner Imboden, Dillon Howard, and Payton Vaniwagen. Lots of speed in that running back and those receivers, if meigs offensive line can hold up there could be a lot of break away plays this season if the line gives them some time to develop.

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:04 pm From Rumors i've heard around the county sounds like D1 quarterback Coulter Clelands little brother Griffin Cleland will be lined up at quarter Back as a junior with returning starting running back junior Conlee Burnem, And three senior Receivers in Conner Imboden, Dillon Howard, and Payton Vaniwagen. Lots of speed in that running back and those receivers, if meigs offensive line can hold up there could be a lot of break away plays this season if the line gives them some time to develop.
So, league champions then? :o

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Justy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:21 am
Tvcfanatic wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:04 pm From Rumors i've heard around the county sounds like D1 quarterback Coulter Clelands little brother Griffin Cleland will be lined up at quarter Back as a junior with returning starting running back junior Conlee Burnem, And three senior Receivers in Conner Imboden, Dillon Howard, and Payton Vaniwagen. Lots of speed in that running back and those receivers, if meigs offensive line can hold up there could be a lot of break away plays this season if the line gives them some time to develop.
Sadly no, win a few league games at most. Mainly just a team that could potentially pull an upset when needed

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:50 am
Sadly no, win a few league games at most. Mainly just a team that could potentially pull an upset when needed
Meigs about got NY last year. Granite NY fumbled the ball 3 or 4 times in scoring territory but Meigs also had 2 maybe even 3 touchdowns called back. Was an odd game all around.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:17 pm

Meigs about got NY last year. Granite NY fumbled the ball 3 or 4 times in scoring territory but Meigs also had 2 maybe even 3 touchdowns called back. Was an odd game all around.
Yes was a very interesting game last year, meigs also had two touchdown passes that the refs then placed on the one yard line and nelsonvilles defense would hold strong in those moments and not allow a touchdown.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Loaded on offense this year fellas. Loaded. Offense, I've told the boys, have fun with it. The scoreboard will be getting a good workout. You know I know.

I know, I was D1 fellas
*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

We plan to score plenty against Gallia. But really can't wait to see how many we can actually put up against Belpre in week 2. We'll be having fun with that for sure.

I know, I was D1 fellas
GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

*D1* wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:33 am Loaded on offense this year fellas. Loaded. Offense, I've told the boys, have fun with it. The scoreboard will be getting a good workout. You know I know.
Who is the varsity and junior high scrimmaging this year?

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

So, with all that talent they are only expected to win a few games? What's missing? Coaching?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Justy wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:07 pm

So, with all that talent they are only expected to win a few games? What's missing? Coaching?
It seems like Meigs has been a question mark team for years now. Every season the predictions vary wildly for the Marauders. No one seems to be shocked if they win 7 games or lose 8. This year is the same. I have Meigs around 5-5 but again, wouldn’t be shocked if they win 7 or 3. 🤷‍♂️

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

They will have some speed at RB with Burnem. Ran a 4.5 and was a solid track performer with speed. QB is a question mark after losing Cleland for as long as he played the position. What other names should we be on the watch for?

Live Like A Champion!
Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Justy wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:07 pm

coaching has been a big issue last past four years, he doesn't really find a way to connect with his players and makes some very questionable decisions in big moments

Return to “Football”