Meigs Football 2022

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Re: Meigs Football 2022

Post by Tvcfanatic »

SG REBEL II wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:14 am Feel so bad for coach Tennant. Superior coach in a subprime environment
you have to be the biggest pot head around if you think Tennant is a superior coach, he's had all the talent he could ever need to win the division put in the palm of his hands from day one and he personally has been nothing but an absolute joke of a coach. You think he is such a good coach? South Gallia should offer him the job at that school, because meigs would most likely gladly part ways with him.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:03 pm
SG REBEL II wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:14 am Feel so bad for coach Tennant. Superior coach in a subprime environment
you have to be the biggest pot head around if you think Tennant is a superior coach, he's had all the talent he could ever need to win the division put in the palm of his hands from day one and he personally has been nothing but an absolute joke of a coach. You think he is such a good coach? South Gallia should offer him the job at that school, because meigs would most likely gladly part ways with him.
He's had some good players. Did he ever even step on the field at OU? I figure they prolly at least let him run out to get the kicking "t" after the kickoffs, but did he ever play a down? As for coaching, has he ever had a winning season anywhere he's coached? Asking for all those who want to know but are afraid to ask. :mrgreen:

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Billy Brave wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:23 pm
Tvcfanatic wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:03 pm
He's had some good players. Did he ever even step on the field at OU? I figure they prolly at least let him run out to get the kicking "t" after the kickoffs, but did he ever play a down? As for coaching, has he ever had a winning season anywhere he's coached? Asking for all those who want to know but are afraid to ask. :mrgreen:
Word on the street is he was at least considered for All-MAC honors as a "retriever." :D

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

MeigsCountySchools wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:15 pm I know the comment was made as a joke but it’s actually pretty cool that most of our Head Coaches have playing and coaching D 1 backgrounds.

Technically all of the Coaches but staggs were “D1” and he could have been too but I can’t remember

Charley Chancey played and Coached at Marshall when they were Div 1.

Bob Ashley played sports at Mmmm Marshall when they were Div 1 (I’m not sure the total number of years he coached. I believe one of the years listed Charlie came back right before the season started and took back over)

Mike Chancey played at “The Ohio State University” and Coached at Ohio University.

Mike Bartrum played at Marshall when they were D1AA which is equivalent to to NCAA bowl sub division (National Champion) and current coaches there while they are D1. He always played and coached in the NFL.

David Tennant played for D1 Ohio University.
That's great. How many of them, other than Bartrum on the D1AA team, actually got to play in the games? Just curious.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Calvin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:51 pm
MeigsCountySchools wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:15 pm I know the comment was made as a joke but it’s actually pretty cool that most of our Head Coaches have playing and coaching D 1 backgrounds.

Technically all of the Coaches but staggs were “D1” and he could have been too but I can’t remember

Bob Ashley played sports at Mmmm Marshall when they were Div 1 (I’m not sure the total number of years he coached. I believe one of the years listed Charlie came back right before the season started and took back over)

Mike Chancey played at “The Ohio State University” and Coached at Ohio University.

Mike Bartrum played at Marshall when they were D1AA which is equivalent to to NCAA bowl sub division (National Champion) and current coaches there while they are D1. He always played and coached in the NFL.

That's great. How many of them, other than Bartrum on the D1AA team, actually got to play in the games? Just curious.
what's the purpose of specifying that Bartrums D1 school was AA at the time, honestly it shouldn't matter because the man played 13 seasons in the NFL

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:28 am

what's the purpose of specifying that Bartrums D1 school was AA at the time, honestly it shouldn't matter because the man played 13 seasons in the NFL
Just a guess here, but it's probably specified as 1AA because it was 1AA. :lol:

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

I remember when Bartrum was coaching Meigs he had those guys playing tough hard hitting football. The play calling and game time adjustments left a lot to be desired but they would hit. Of course we beat them but they matched up pretty decent in physicality. I've heard that they have none of that now and are even worse with the play calling and game time adjustments. Will they win a game this year?

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Marshall was 1AA when Bartrum played there. Would it make you feel better if we pretended they were D1? And yes, he made it to the NFL as a long snapper. Is it okay to specify that, or does that hurt your feelings too?

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Gray Cat wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:45 am I remember when Bartrum was coaching Meigs he had those guys playing tough hard hitting football. The play calling and game time adjustments left a lot to be desired but they would hit. Of course we beat them but they matched up pretty decent in physicality. I've heard that they have none of that now and are even worse with the play calling and game time adjustments. Will they win a game this year?
If you think they were tough back then just wait till you see them this year. These boys will be knocking helmets off. Be hard to beat when they're having fun with it. That's all for now fellas.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Calvin wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:53 am

Marshall was 1AA when Bartrum played there. Would it make you feel better if we pretended they were D1? And yes, he made it to the NFL as a long snapper. Is it okay to specify that, or does that hurt your feelings too?
didn't hurt my feelings at all it just came off as if marshall wasn't a good program to play for, he played tight end in the nfl too even had a couple touchdown catches

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

*D1* wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:58 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:45 am I remember when Bartrum was coaching Meigs he had those guys playing tough hard hitting football. The play calling and game time adjustments left a lot to be desired but they would hit. Of course we beat them but they matched up pretty decent in physicality. I've heard that they have none of that now and are even worse with the play calling and game time adjustments. Will they win a game this year?
If you think they were tough back then just wait till you see them this year. These boys will be knocking helmets off. Be hard to beat when they're having fun with it. That's all for now fellas.
you have me rolling right now, my brother is on this team and has been a starter on defense for the past three years now i know dang well this isn't gonna happen, only a select few players on the team will lower their shoulder, most jersey want to pull you down by the jersey

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:46 pm
Calvin wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:53 am

didn't hurt my feelings at all it just came off as if marshall wasn't a good program to play for, he played tight end in the nfl too even had a couple touchdown catches
So, by giving the facts about what they were it came off as if they weren't a good program? Oh well, it is what it is. What was his record as HC at Meigs by the way? Had to be better than D1 didn't it?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Thought Bob Ashley went to Utah, then transferred to West Virginia State? Not Marshall

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

transplant wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:51 am

Thought Bob Ashley went to Utah, then transferred to West Virginia State? Not Marshall
I believe he is referring to Bob’s dad, Robert that did play at Marshall.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

OH Ok, thanks for the clarification.

MeigsCountySchools
Waterboy

Post by MeigsCountySchools »

I was def not trying to imply anything by saying anything about them being 1AA, just stating facts. I did mention they were National Champions so I think that proves It wasn't an insult! However, technically it wasn't "D1" like the others.

Answering the question about playing (which I feel was an insult by you)

Charlie Chancey and Bob Ashley both started for Marshall and I believe were all league. I believe Bob Ashley played basketball.

Mike Chancey was injury prone at OSU, hurting his knee and ankle multiple times... He was going into his Jr year as the starting long snapper and 2nd string outside linebacker, battling for a starting spot before hurting his ankle for the last time in a pick up basketball game.

I don't know how much Dave Tennant played at OU but being on the team is something to be proud of.

Bartrum had a very storied career at Marshall and in the NFL. Played in Super Bowls and the Pro Bowl.

All I meant by my post is we are very lucky to have had all of our coaches and their experience.

I don't think we realized how good we had it with Charley and Mike Chancey, they overachieved with their consistent winning records with the talent gap they faced (Proven by the losing records of Staggs, Batrtrum and Tennant) but I think Meigs can turn it around and get back to their winning ways.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Meigs do they have good numbers out this up and coming season player wise ?

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

does anyone have a schedule for the varsity and junior high football teams this year? Been looking and cannot find anything. Thanks

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

GalliaTribe wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:59 pm does anyone have a schedule for the varsity and junior high football teams this year? Been looking and cannot find anything. Thanks
I can look for varsity but ik they don’t post the junior highs to the public

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GalliaTribe wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:59 pm does anyone have a schedule for the varsity and junior high football teams this year? Been looking and cannot find anything. Thanks
You can look up all the schedules on Arbiter lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”