Warren football 2022

beg003
All Conference

Re: Warren football 2022

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:31 pm
beg003 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:23 pm
Bucknuts88 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:58 pm I dont expect Trent to put up the numbers his brother, Kurt did. Atleast not this season. That's asking a lot of any QB. But if he can just be decent, which he very well can be, then I expect the offense to really put up some good numbers this year. I cant wait until Trent, and Nugget are seniors next season. That will really be fun.

I'm excited for this season. Hopeful for 6 or 7 wins, and be a springboard going into next season. Liking what I'm hearing from Coach Peyton. This program is trending in the right direction. Exciting times in Vincent. Can't wait to see them play
For Trent to do that, he needs an Evan Gandee like his brother had. There aren’t many of him walking around on our team right now. But like you said, all we need is for him to be decent and I think he can be as well.
From what I’ve heard, Warren has some receivers and a system that will produce a lot of passing yards. If Williams gets a loaded box, like he respectfully should, there will be some good passing opportunities along with him coming out in the flats.
I wouldn’t expect it to be an air raid offense. 12 or maybe 15 times a game is our sweet spot for pass attempts. Williams is the man, and you have to get him 25ish carries a game, if not more. But trust me, I wouldn’t be upset if our passing game is a pleasant surprise.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

beg003 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:34 pm
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:31 pm
beg003 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:23 pm
For Trent to do that, he needs an Evan Gandee like his brother had. There aren’t many of him walking around on our team right now. But like you said, all we need is for him to be decent and I think he can be as well.
From what I’ve heard, Warren has some receivers and a system that will produce a lot of passing yards. If Williams gets a loaded box, like he respectfully should, there will be some good passing opportunities along with him coming out in the flats.
I wouldn’t expect it to be an air raid offense. 12 or maybe 15 times a game is our sweet spot for pass attempts. Williams is the man, and you have to get him 25ish carries a game, if not more. But trust me, I wouldn’t be upset if our passing game is a pleasant surprise.
Makes sense beg…if the rb is your best player he needs the ball as much as possible

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

what time is gallia academy at warren next saturday?

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

svac83 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:26 pm what time is gallia academy at warren next saturday?
10 am

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Anybody able to watch the scrimmage today? Curious to hear how it went.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:52 pm Anybody able to watch the scrimmage today? Curious to hear how it went.
Wasn't able to make it but plenty of cars there when I drove passed, I'm sure someone will be able to give us a rundown.

Go Blue
Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Any word on this morning's scrimmage? Thought it was interesting they scrimmaged Roane County.

Go Blue
boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Haven’t heard anything about how either of Warren’s scrimmages went…curious to hear how they’re looking.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Whs95fan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:45 pm Any word on this morning's scrimmage? Thought it was interesting they scrimmaged Roane County.
Their coach knows our AD. They didn’t look bad yesterday, got much better as the day went on. Roane was much better than I thought, they were 9-3 last year and expect to compete very well in AA this year in WV. I don’t recall an exact score but it was very even once both teams settled in. We’ve got a lot of work to do but there were several bright spots.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

beg003 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:44 am
Whs95fan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:45 pm Any word on this morning's scrimmage? Thought it was interesting they scrimmaged Roane County.
Their coach knows our AD. They didn’t look bad yesterday, got much better as the day went on. Roane was much better than I thought, they were 9-3 last year and expect to compete very well in AA this year in WV. I don’t recall an exact score but it was very even once both teams settled in. We’ve got a lot of work to do but there were several bright spots.
Thanks Beg, how did the O-line hold up?

Go Blue
Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Whs95fan wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:09 am

The O-Line is developing. Warren had 3 “starters” not playing, including Williams, and played even with Roane after the first series. Kids are still adapting to coaching philosophies and have improved each time they’ve taken the field. They have athletes for sure. Finding the right fit for each is where they’re at. From a spectators view, they are still pretty young across the board, but very competitive.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Thanks for the updates fellas, I know we lost quite a few kids upfront but how many starters return on the O-line and D-line?

Go Blue
boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:32 am

The O-Line is developing. Warren had 3 “starters” not playing, including Williams, and played even with Roane after the first series. Kids are still adapting to coaching philosophies and have improved each time they’ve taken the field. They have athletes for sure. Finding the right fit for each is where they’re at. From a spectators view, they are still pretty young across the board, but very competitive.
Why didn’t Williams play? I know he struggled with some injuries last year.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:14 am

Why didn’t Williams play? I know he struggled with some injuries last year.
He didn’t practice during the second week of two a days. He’s got to earn his way back and it won’t be given to him.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Whs95fan wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:45 am Thanks for the updates fellas, I know we lost quite a few kids upfront but how many starters return on the O-line and D-line?
I think it’s all new starters on both. There may be one returning offensive lineman.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Our best offensive player yesterday was a freshman. Pepper is the next great receiver in our program, he reminds me so much of Gandee. Very similar physically and their game is very comparable. Nehemiah Reeder is another kid who is going to be a good one for us.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

When Warren opens up their playbook and the receivers are released with more routes, they will be tough to handle. The scrimmages were as basic as you can be with passing. They have a big receiver, some speedy ones, and possession kids. Good mixture of talent. Should be a successful season for a good group of young players.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:07 pm When Warren opens up their playbook and the receivers are released with more routes, they will be tough to handle. The scrimmages were as basic as you can be with passing. They have a big receiver, some speedy ones, and possession kids. Good mixture of talent. Should be a successful season for a good group of young players.
I think we’ll be solid this year, but our 5 year outlook is extremely good. There are 40 kids between seventh and eighth grade, plus two very good classes in the freshmen and sophomores. We’ve just had two below average classes in a row (22 and 23), so we’re back to playing younger kids than you’d like. But we did the same thing a few years ago and that turned out pretty well.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Is Warren's new head coach employed in the district as a teacher etc?

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

BJCassady wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:17 pm Is Warren's new head coach employed in the district as a teacher etc?
He took Kimes's old position, assistant high school AD.

Go Blue

Return to “Football”