Warren football 2022

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Warren football 2022

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

How will the Warriors do this season? New coach should bring some new energy.

beg003
All Conference

Re: Warren football 2022

Post by beg003 »

They should be solid this year. Really only lost 3-4 major contributors from last years team. The nucleus is very young with the main guys all being juniors and younger. Schedule became a lot more favorable when Dover and New Philly got changed to Point Pleasant and Alexander. If they stay healthy, 6,7, or even 8 wins is not out of the realm of possibility. 2023 is the year they could be a problem.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Any skill position guys we should be looking out for besides Williams, and could he possibly have a better season this year than last?

Go Blue
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Whs95fan wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:16 pm Any skill position guys we should be looking out for besides Williams, and could he possibly have a better season this year than last?
If he’s healthy, he’ll have a better year than last year. Nick Cressey at receiver could be a player to watch, along with Landon Fairbanks rotating at RB. Their RB group is very deep. Receivers are still thin, but should be better than last year.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

How about the defensive side of the ball? Offensive weapons are nice to have but we all know defense is how you win.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:27 am How about the defensive side of the ball? Offensive weapons are nice to have but we all know defense is how you win.
For the most part I thought the defense showed a lot of potential last year, will they continue to build upon that? Not sure who the DC will be this year or how many starters we have returning but obviously the latter is a huge factor.

Go Blue
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Whs95fan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:50 am
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:27 am How about the defensive side of the ball? Offensive weapons are nice to have but we all know defense is how you win.
For the most part I thought the defense showed a lot of potential last year, will they continue to build upon that? Not sure who the DC will be this year or how many starters we have returning but obviously the latter is a huge factor.
Losing JT Rice and Pettey hurts, both were outstanding players and leaders. However, Owen Thompson (sophomore) is the next big time defensive player for us. Every defensive back returns, along with adding talented freshman Tanner Pepper to the group. Defense should be just fine. No one will admit it, but the defense has easily been the most consistent group over the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Not worried about them.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

From what I’ve heard, the new coach has the kids excited for the season. Looking forward to seeing this group on the field this fall. Could open some eyes in the valley.

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 am From what I’ve heard, the new coach has the kids excited for the season. Looking forward to seeing this group on the field this fall. Could open some eyes in the valley.
I've heard murmurs about "kids running through brick walls" for this guy. Could be epic. :mrgreen:

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 am From what I’ve heard, the new coach has the kids excited for the season. Looking forward to seeing this group on the field this fall. Could open some eyes in the valley.
Have heard the same thing, guess they've been having a great turnout for summer lifting.

Go Blue
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Whs95fan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:23 pm
Have heard the same thing, guess they've been having a great turnout for summer lifting.
It’s expected now, kids don’t have much of a choice if they’re interested in playing on Fridays. Nobody is showing up in July or the beginning of August and getting a helmet. I love Coach Peyton’s attitude about running a program.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I’m just glad Fort , Marietta and Warren will all be playing every year from now on. Something that should of happened a long time ago.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:05 pm I’m just glad Fort , Marietta and Warren will all be playing every year from now on. Something that should of happened a long time ago.
Agree Dspy, how is the Fort looking for the fall?

Go Blue
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Whs95fan wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:24 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:05 pm I’m just glad Fort , Marietta and Warren will all be playing every year from now on. Something that should of happened a long time ago.
Agree Dspy, how is the Fort looking for the fall?
They got a huge Sr class of 16. They return a ton of players. They should be really good. Will have to break in a new Qb. Start the season with tough games @ John Glenn , @ Bellaire and Zanesville

WarriorsUnite61
Waterboy

Post by WarriorsUnite61 »

Excited to see how this team shakes out under the direction of Mr. Peyton.

Would love to see a little power I, power t, while we are at it. I know Coach Peyton can remember those blocking assignments from his days with the Fighting Tigers.

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

Things are looking great at Warren , kids are putting in the work with big numbers. I think this new coach is finding the right recipe to make Warren very very competitive and keeping kids involved in the program

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

96Champ wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:18 pm Things are looking great at Warren , kids are putting in the work with big numbers. I think this new coach is finding the right recipe to make Warren very very competitive and keeping kids involved in the program
Lets see them play some games with the new coach before we start crowning them. How many times have they even beat marieta, who isnt very good either, over the last 10 years? Agreed it seem like things are looking up but there is always excitement with a new coach

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

redblue85 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:49 pm
96Champ wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:18 pm Things are looking great at Warren , kids are putting in the work with big numbers. I think this new coach is finding the right recipe to make Warren very very competitive and keeping kids involved in the program
Lets see them play some games with the new coach before we start crowning them. How many times have they even beat marieta, who isnt very good either, over the last 10 years? Agreed it seem like things are looking up but there is always excitement with a new coach
I don’t think anyone is crowning a coach or anyone, “yet”. Seems like the coach has the kids believing they can compete. That’s what it’s all about. I remember when Warren was the powerhouse in Wash. County. When teams like Fort Frye couldn’t hang with them. There’s no reason that can’t happen again. Warren just needs a coach to stay more than 5 years and build the program from the youth leagues up. This coach has a very respectable resume and has re-built teams in the past. Guess only time will tell. Good Luck Warriors!

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

From the last few weeks, more and more kids are showing up to the weightlifting and kids are excited to get the season started, they know they have a long way to go but from some of the kids it's the challenge they will accept.

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

As a Vinton County parent and fan, I’m excited to see the rematch between VC / Warren this Fall. VC was out coached last year and they constantly reference it as motivation for themselves.

Is the RB back that ran all over VC last year? That boy was a stud.

Return to “Football”