Jackson’s Jacob Winters Commits to Ohio University

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Jackson’s Jacob Winters Commits to Ohio University

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:15 am Winters numbers were low due to the fact he played fullback the first half of the season. Doubt Novak has the grit to grind down Ironton as winters did. Apples to oranges really in comparison. We will see a head to head of two of the best QB the dirty south has to offer.
You mean seen it again right?? Because we seen it twice last year and Novak was able to prevail both times, also probably wouldn't question his grit to much between the 2 games the young man did have 39 rushing attempts including 3 Tds. It'll be nice to see these 2 teams face off again because this one has turned into quite a nice game over the last few years.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:50 am
allamericanironman wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:15 am Winters numbers were low due to the fact he played fullback the first half of the season. Doubt Novak has the grit to grind down Ironton as winters did. Apples to oranges really in comparison. We will see a head to head of two of the best QB the dirty south has to offer.
You mean seen it again right?? Because we seen it twice last year and Novak was able to prevail both times, also probably wouldn't question his grit to much between the 2 games the young man did have 39 rushing attempts including 3 Tds. It'll be nice to see these 2 teams face off again because this one has turned into quite a nice game over the last few years.
Last year was last year. Congrats Jacob keep working hard. The best is yet to come!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:25 pm
Last year was last year. Congrats Jacob keep working hard. The best is yet to come!
Yet you were discussing how Winters ground down on Ironton last year correct?? 2-0 in head to head let's see who wins round 3.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:57 pm

Yet you were discussing how Winters ground down on Ironton last year correct?? 2-0 in head to head let's see who wins round 3.
Winter season was way more impressive to me the kid was a fullback linebacker that threw for 1500 yards. When have you seen that happen. I’d take Winters over Novak I guess round 3 at alumni. D1 QB

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll stick with enjoying that they are two of the upper echelon QB in Ohio and both have elite parts to the skills.

Can’t wait for week 4….hope there are 8000 people watching. Two great games last year, I’ll assume a 3rd and hopefully a 4th in the regional finals

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:09 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:57 pm

Winter season was way more impressive to me the kid was a fullback linebacker that threw for 1500 yards. When have you seen that happen. I’d take Winters over Novak I guess round 3 at alumni. D1 QB
Ya got me there I haven't seen a fullback/linebacker throw for 1,500 yards that I'm guessing no one has seen. I did see Winters the QB throw for 1,500 yards and play some LB but not out there all the time, I actually like him better at LB than I do QB though. Games I've seen of him he's just more impressive to me on that side of the ball, great LB vision and when he gets there he brings it. As far as pure QB it's Novak but for the Jackson style of offense it's Winters, just like Western Brown offense it's Novak each have their own gifts but I think each fits the offense they currently run perfectly.

OhiO740
Waterboy

Post by OhiO740 »

Ironmen44 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:31 pm Believe he is planning to walk-on at Texas Christian University.
Did he not make the team?

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

Just saw that Jacob will be signing his NLI this Wednesday to Ohio University. Congrats!

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

Ironton fan here. Congrats to Winters. Tough kid. Even if the QB thing doesn’t work out he strikes me as the type of kid who can move to the defensive side and make some noise. Watching him over the years an apt description of him would be that he’s simply a player.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Jacob. Looking forward to watching you play for the Bobcats.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

JohnDenver wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:43 am Just saw that Jacob will be signing his NLI this Wednesday to Ohio University. Congrats!
Looks like he graduated last week which I assume then he will be early enrolling.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

What position is he playing at OU?

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:56 pm What position is he playing at OU?
QB

Return to “Football”