Belpre 2022 Football

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Re: Belpre 2022 Football

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:12 am
thirtyonetrap wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:54 am
Tomcat Queen wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:59 am

We like having Belpre on the schedule. It gives our Jay Vee's and freshman a lot of playing time. Of course we keep the starters in until we score 50 or so, but then we let everyone play after that. We usually get close to 50 by halftime.
Oh yeah Thimble loves to bully bad teams. They especially love to keep throwing the ball when they are up by 40 or 50. I know that makes them feel real good about themselves. My favorite is when they sub in two or three backups and say, "well we had our JV playing when we scored those last three touchdowns to make 60 to 0." :mrgreen:
Clearly your feelings have been hurt by getting some good butt whippings from the Tomcats. I feel bad for you. But if you want the butt whippings to end you'll just need to get your team better instead of crying about it on here. Great teams are made in the off season. The Tomcats dedicate themselves to that, and that's why they beat everyone. You could learn from that.
Yes and when they are afraid they can't beat someone they cancel the game like they did against VC last year, or they drop them off the schedule like they did Fort Frye. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Saw on Belpre Board Mintues(they finally posted four months worth) that the assisant head coach resigned. No one will coach with this guy...sad

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

I'm a Warren alum. I remember how intense the rivalry was when I played. Gotta say I'm sad now to see that program, and school in general, has fallen to where it is now. I really thought maybe if the levy passed that would bring the community together and give them something to rally around and maybe give them something to he excited about, similar to how the warren levy did. They gotta do something. Bring back Jon Bolen. I know the belpre boosters would love to hear that 😂

Anyway good luck to the boys on that team, it's got to be rough for them. I hope they can get things turned around

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre coach has been at practice. They are going to scrimmage Frontier at home Friday at 7.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

How did the scrimmage go?

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Fletchlives wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:43 am How did the scrimmage go?
I believe it is this coming Friday. I wonder if the coach will scream that he's "about to shut this bittch down" again like he did last year? :o

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

I had a friend attend. He said it was awful. No way they can play a whole game.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Sad isn't Bro?! I use to think the superintendent was ok. But now I know all he cares about it finishing his PhD and passing a levy so he can get a job at the Ohio Department of Education (heard this from MANY people).

I believe the levy will go down even worse this time, for these reasons:
*Cut teaching jobs then created 3-4 administrative positions.
*Football coach (enough said)
*No basketball coach yet, although very qualified people applied. Th'ey've had almost two months to hire!
*High School principal-has been suspended twice (you look up why) and was just given another contract.
*Lack of transparency- Post board agenda months after meetings. When asked the super why, he said "we are not required to post the agendas, we do it as a courtesy...and and the BOE miuntes from prei vious month aren't approved." How about a "tentative agenda without the mintues?"
*Treasurer goes around town bragging that he is "basically assistant superintendent" (the state code separate these two positions for a reason.
*Hired an Assistant Principal/AD that had NO experience over candidates with years experience in both areas.
*Nepotism-Husband and wife team are coordinators/directors in central office. An assistant principal was hired (who wasn't certified when hired) that is related to Big M. Did he vote or abstain...hmmmm

Because of all this, I recently sold my home of 30+ years and moved out of Belpre :cry:

THE KIDS AND COMMUNITY DESERVE BETTER!!!!

Destroyer96
Waterboy

Post by Destroyer96 »

Jeff Greenley has done that every place he has been. Crook

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Well again…at least the XC team will go to state

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Crap always stinks…cannot be cleaned up.

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

I heard the football coach cut the scrimmage short because he had a party in Columbus to attend. Hope this is not true. Kids deserve more but Big M likes him so the levy will pass.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Tiger73 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:06 am I heard the football coach cut the scrimmage short because he had a party in Columbus to attend. Hope this is not true. Kids deserve more but Big M likes him so the levy will pass.
Don't see how Big M's liking for the coach has anything to do with the levt passing friend. The levy is voted on by the community not Big M.

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Agree, but Big M is a political animal and gets things his way. He believes his own bs and knows for sure that a dominant person can win…Bell is salesman salesman. Big M is selling therefore that’s the game all must follow. I have spent years here..Big M cannot even be debated with.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Heard they only had 15 kids for the scrimmage Saturday, is that right?

Go Blue
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Whs95fan wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:41 am Heard they only had 15 kids for the scrimmage Saturday, is that right?
I heard 19 so maybe a few are banged up.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:42 am
Whs95fan wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:41 am Heard they only had 15 kids for the scrimmage Saturday, is that right?
I heard 19 so maybe a few are banged up.
Regardless not many, I hope they're able to finish the season out if that's the case.

Go Blue
mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Belpre dressed 14 players. Frontier dressed 31.

I spoke with a young man on the junior high team and he said they currently had 10 players. I encouraged him to speak to his classmates and try to get some more boys out for football. We haven't had a junior high team the past 2 years.

The only way to turn this program around IMHO is the powers to be need to hire a teacher/coach, one who has experience running a successful high school program even if they have to create a position for that person.

I just don't see how you can enter a season with less than 18 players because injuries are going to happen. A couple of games last year we only dressed 14 players and we played some downs with only 10 players on the field.

I don't blame the players because they played their hearts out last year and I'm sure this year's team will do the same.

The adults making decisions need to start making better choices for these players.

As always....

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

And I heard that one of the three Parkersburg kids that transfered last year, transfered back to Parkersburg. Note: his grandfather is a coach at Belpre lol.

Mr. B. Why don't you run for the BOE again and help get things straightened out before everyone has to buy blue clothes like I did.?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They need to go to the school and talk to every kid.

Return to “Football”