Belpre 2022 Football

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Belpre 2022 Football

Post by 96Champ »

So what does this do for the Belpre football program. They have not had a jr high program for last few years. When kids want to play but can't because not enough turnout. Do these kids that want to play ask their parents to transfer them to a school that does? If I was that parent I would and Warren having a beautiful campus I would make the move to give my son the chance to play. Then it doesn't effect him when he becomes a freshman in high school living in the Belpre district

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Re: Belpre Jr High football canceled

Post by thirtyonetrap »

96Champ wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:22 am So what does this do for the Belpre football program. They have not had a jr high program for last few years. When kids want to play but can't because not enough turnout. Do these kids that want to play ask their parents to transfer them to a school that does? If I was that parent I would and Warren having a beautiful campus I would make the move to give my son the chance to play. Then it doesn't effect him when he becomes a freshman in high school living in the Belpre district
I thought "OSU" had that program headed in the right direction? Or is this what he meant by, "I'll shut this biitch down"?

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Believe they had enough last year but OSU couldnt decide on a coach.
And why would they cancel the season in May?

If they would've gotten rid of OSU it might have helped pass the bond issue IMO. Then the principal. District is out of control.

Teddy0444
Waterboy

Post by Teddy0444 »

So is Bell staying as the head coach? I heard he has already moved back to Columbus

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Is this a case of adults killing this for the kids or a case of kids not wanting to put in the time to play?

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Teddy0444 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:59 pm So is Bell staying as the head coach? I heard he has already moved back to Columbus
Line coach has been running the wait room. He hasn't rigned nor has job been posted. With Belpre it's hard to tell.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Yall settle down. That guy is a proven winner. I am sure he will get it going. :lol:

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Varsity football will be a zero unless a quality coach is there! Varsity athletes tell younger athletes that it’s a waste. Bell and his board mentor BIG M are a joke. The public knows it too. The Supt is a good one but Big M paints all as a mess…that’s why the bond issue failed. Big M Carrie’s no integrity.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not surprised. Washington County isn’t a football county (minus Ft Frye) Belpre only has so many male athletes and they’ll have a state level XC team….running is almost as cool in Washington Co as football and at Belpre football isn’t the thing to do

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

The Belpre school board is a one person dominated deal…all run by a loser Big M. He ruins everything he touches. He gamed the bond election with a phony football coach. Come on big M, people are smart…too smart for you. Someone needs to alert the Supt.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Belpre used to be the class of the TVC back in the day.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:51 am Belpre used to be the class of the TVC back in the day.

And the Reds were king of baseball and Cowboys were America’s team

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

From what I've heard, Warren has 35 kids out for jr high and they are already hitting the weightroom. Warren got a great jr high coach who came from Willamstown and there are parents following. The kids are buying in and not counting the kids that are still involved in spring sports. Belpre was a historic program no doubt just like Warren but now they are getting people that care about the kids and building a program from the ground up. If I was in Belpre I'm transferring my kid to Warren because at least the coachs care enough. The OSU guy can care less. Wouldn't be something if all the kids just transferred to Warren maybe that will wake up the stuipd administration. From What I have heard also the New Head Coach at Warren is the real deal all the kids have bought in he's a proven winner from where he came. He's already had college scouts coming in to look at the Williams kid and Taylor, this guy does care about building a winning program to finally knock off Fort Frye from their high horse in the county

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

96Champ wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:20 pm From what I've heard, Warren has 35 kids out for jr high and they are already hitting the weightroom. Warren got a great jr high coach who came from Willamstown and there are parents following. The kids are buying in and not counting the kids that are still involved in spring sports. Belpre was a historic program no doubt just like Warren but now they are getting people that care about the kids and building a program from the ground up. If I was in Belpre I'm transferring my kid to Warren because at least the coachs care enough. The OSU guy can care less. Wouldn't be something if all the kids just transferred to Warren maybe that will wake up the stuipd administration. From What I have heard also the New Head Coach at Warren is the real deal all the kids have bought in he's a proven winner from where he came. He's already had college scouts coming in to look at the Williams kid and Taylor, this guy does care about building a winning program to finally knock off Fort Frye from their high horse in the county
Good read

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

96Champ wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:20 pm From what I've heard, Warren has 35 kids out for jr high and they are already hitting the weightroom. Warren got a great jr high coach who came from Willamstown and there are parents following. The kids are buying in and not counting the kids that are still involved in spring sports. Belpre was a historic program no doubt just like Warren but now they are getting people that care about the kids and building a program from the ground up. If I was in Belpre I'm transferring my kid to Warren because at least the coachs care enough. The OSU guy can care less. Wouldn't be something if all the kids just transferred to Warren maybe that will wake up the stuipd administration. From What I have heard also the New Head Coach at Warren is the real deal all the kids have bought in he's a proven winner from where he came. He's already had college scouts coming in to look at the Williams kid and Taylor, this guy does care about building a winning program to finally knock off Fort Frye from their high horse in the county

Warren was (3-8) last year stay humble. I hope Warren program improves and turns into a powerhouse. Way to many Warren people in here bashing Belpre. Belpre has so many limitations right now. They are close to Federal Hocking when it comes to resources.

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Fed Hock has a wonderful new football coach. He will rebuild. Notthe case in Belpre where the coach is a social mess brought in to look good for their bond issue. The sup is a good one but board member Big M is a loser.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

This issue that has plagued them, and still does, is that the athletes who helped make Belpre, historically, pound for pound the best athletic high school in Washington County all left. They either moved out of the area or, in many cases, to Warren. My parents were both Belpre people, my dad being a quarterback under Holder. They saw the writing on the wall and moved. And what has been said about the new coach is true, he seems to be excellent and I have sky high hopes for him. However, it’s still a long road to go to be in the air Fort Frye is, which they have earned. But numbers are way up and the weight program is top notch. A little Ironton culture never hurts. But in all seriousness, I hope belpre can pass their levy if it comes up again. It would benefit them immensely and benefit Washington County as a whole.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Most schools in Ohio are struggling with numbers. Hopefully Belpre can one day turn it around

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Wake up Belpre. You must bring in a great coach with modern thinking. You cannot bring in a coach just for show. A phony coach will fail and even junior high kids smell a loser. They will not play.
Someone needs to advise the very good Supt. Tell Bell to go someplace else and bs people. By the way the old saying “ crap attracts crap” is true as the Big M board member hired Bell.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Tiger73 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:12 am Wake up Belpre. You must bring in a great coach with modern thinking. You cannot bring in a coach just for show. A phony coach will fail and even junior high kids smell a loser. They will not play.
Someone needs to advise the very good Supt. Tell Bell to go someplace else and bs people. By the way the old saying “ crap attracts crap” is true as the Big M board member hired Bell.
Where is Mr. B on all this? Or Eagle Pa Paw? I can't believe they don't have opinions on this. Anyone heard from them recently?

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.

Return to “Football”