Belpre 2022 Football

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre 2022 Football

Post by chrishilton91 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:46 am I’d get rid of the whole staff predicated on two pieces of information. Their defense yielded 47.2 points per game and their offense averaged 20.2 points per game. Horrible difference.

Belpre’s records vs TVC Hocking teams since 2010:

Wahama: 5-6
Federal Hocking: 7-4
Eastern Meigs: 7-6
South Gallia: 10-2
Southern Meigs: 6-6
Trimble: 0-12
Miller: 7-3
Waterford: 4-8

Total: 46-47

Not bad but not good, either. They’ve scored a total of 28 points against Trimble since 2010 and have been shutout a whopping 8 times since then.
Their staff consists of a guy that Belpre Suspended then ask to leave. he then went to Warren and was asked to leave after one year. The other assistant is his son. A long time coach lasted one year with Bell..he is a class act and a strong Christian man and couldn't take any more of the envirnment. And of course the head coach who has no clue what he is doing.

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:54 am
Tomcat Queen wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:59 am
Jason Vorhees wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:46 am I’d get rid of the whole staff predicated on two pieces of information. Their defense yielded 47.2 points per game and their offense averaged 20.2 points per game. Horrible difference.

Not bad but not good, either. They’ve scored a total of 28 points against Trimble since 2010 and have been shutout a whopping 8 times since then.
We like having Belpre on the schedule. It gives our Jay Vee's and freshman a lot of playing time. Of course we keep the starters in until we score 50 or so, but then we let everyone play after that. We usually get close to 50 by halftime.
Oh yeah Thimble loves to bully bad teams. They especially love to keep throwing the ball when they are up by 40 or 50. I know that makes them feel real good about themselves. My favorite is when they sub in two or three backups and say, "well we had our JV playing when we scored those last three touchdowns to make 60 to 0." :mrgreen:
I’d like to start out that there are some great people associated with Trimble, but I’ve personally never have enjoyed competing against them in any sport.

Here is my Trimble story….I competed for Belpre HS many years ago when we had a state ranked basketball 🏀 program. Trimble was state ranked 🏀 as well. They had a few decent players…Trace x2, Patton were some names that come to mind. Belpre was battle tested and had already played against Parkersburg HS, Greenfield McClain, George Washington HS, Warren HS x2 and many other large HS. We were beating those larger HS teams quite handedly as well. Trimble was beating D3 & d4 teams and was undefeated. We made the trip to Trimble for the Athens county Game of the Week! The LitterBox (gymnasium 🤭) was rock’n! Trimble competed well the first half. But the second half we wore them down with our talent & preparedness which resulted in a 18 point win. As any competitor would be, they were upset that some city boys came in their house and handed them their first L. When we were getting on the bus, the Glouster Cop stepped into the bus and asked the whole team to step off the bus. We made our way back into the LitterBox and the cops read us all our Miranda rights and said that we were under arrest, but no handcuffs lol. So one by one, we were individually interrogated by Glouster PD in the locker room. This was supposedly because a Trimble cheerleader accused a Belpre player of inappropriate touching her. This was serious. So after about two hours, no arrest was made and we made it back to Belpre around 1am on Wednesday. After we all made it to school/class on Wednesday morning, the Belpre basketball players were told to meet in the library. We figured one of us was going to get in trouble but no one was admitting any type of grotesque behavior. Not to anyones surprise, our Principal read a fax from Scott Gatchel, who was the basketball coach and Principal @
Trimble. The fax read that the accusations from the cheerleader were FALSE and she made those accusations because she was upset that the Tomcats lost. Mr Gatchel sent his deepest apologies. I could imagine that most people wouldn't believe this seemingly far-fetched story, but I assure you, it’s true!

THAT is the reason I root AGAINST the Tomcats! IMAO, Trimble has phenomenal community support but terrible sportsmanship.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Picket Fence wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:03 am

We like having Belpre on the schedule. It gives our Jay Vee's and freshman a lot of playing time. Of course we keep the starters in until we score 50 or so, but then we let everyone play after that. We usually get close to 50 by halftime.
Oh yeah Thimble loves to bully bad teams. They especially love to keep throwing the ball when they are up by 40 or 50. I know that makes them feel real good about themselves. My favorite is when they sub in two or three backups and say, "well we had our JV playing when we scored those last three touchdowns to make 60 to 0." :mrgreen:
I’d like to start out that there are some great people associated with Trimble, but I’ve personally never have enjoyed competing against them in any sport.

Here is my Trimble story….I competed for Belpre HS many years ago when we had a state ranked basketball 🏀 program. Trimble was state ranked 🏀 as well. They had a few decent players…Trace x2, Patton were some names that come to mind. Belpre was battle tested and had already played against Parkersburg HS, Greenfield McClain, George Washington HS, Warren HS x2 and many other large HS. We were beating those larger HS teams quite handedly as well. Trimble was beating D3 & d4 teams and was undefeated. We made the trip to Trimble for the Athens county Game of the Week! The LitterBox (gymnasium 🤭) was rock’n! Trimble competed well the first half. But the second half we wore them down with our talent & preparedness which resulted in a 18 point win. As any competitor would be, they were upset that some city boys came in their house and handed them their first L. When we were getting on the bus, the Glouster Cop stepped into the bus and asked the whole team to step off the bus. We made our way back into the LitterBox and the cops read us all our Miranda rights and said that we were under arrest, but no handcuffs lol. So one by one, we were individually interrogated by Glouster PD in the locker room. This was supposedly because a Trimble cheerleader accused a Belpre player of inappropriate touching her. This was serious. So after about two hours, no arrest was made and we made it back to Belpre around 1am on Wednesday. After we all made it to school/class on Wednesday morning, the Belpre basketball players were told to meet in the library. We figured one of us was going to get in trouble but no one was admitting any type of grotesque behavior. Not to anyones surprise, our Principal read a fax from Scott Gatchel, who was the basketball coach and Principal @
Trimble. The fax read that the accusations from the cheerleader were FALSE and she made those accusations because she was upset that the Tomcats lost. Mr Gatchel sent his deepest apologies. I could imagine that most people wouldn't believe this seemingly far-fetched story, but I assure you, it’s true!

THAT is the reason I root AGAINST the Tomcats! IMAO, Trimble has phenomenal community support but terrible sportsmanship.
FAKE NEWS! Gatchel was never the principal at Trimble. But I'm glad you enjoyed one of the few wins Belpre has had over Trimble. We usually beat Belpre like a drum. But we like it when people root against us. How's that football team going to be this year? Will we score 50 on them by halftime again?

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:42 am

FAKE NEWS! Gatchel was never the principal at Trimble. But I'm glad you enjoyed one of the few wins Belpre has had over Trimble. We usually beat Belpre like a drum. But we like it when people root against us. How's that football team going to be this year? Will we score 50 on them by halftime again?
Recency bias is a heck of a drug. I’d like to see Belpre’s records versus Trimble in football and basketball from the 80s and 90s. Basketball probably wouldn’t be pretty from 1990-2001ish. Football would likely be much, much closer than you’d like to admit.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

beg003 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:24 am
Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:42 am

Recency bias is a heck of a drug. I’d like to see Belpre’s records versus Trimble in football and basketball from the 80s and 90s. Basketball probably wouldn’t be pretty from 1990-2001ish. Football would likely be much, much closer than you’d like to admit.
Heck yea let's go back 40 years. Can those who were alive then even remember what really happened? :lol:

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Clearly your feelings have been hurt by getting some good butt whippings from the Tomcats. I feel bad for you. But if you want the butt whippings to end you'll just need to get your team better instead of crying about it on here. Great teams are made in the off season. The Tomcats dedicate themselves to that, and that's why they beat everyone. You could learn from that.

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:12 am

Clearly your feelings have been hurt by getting some good butt whippings from the Tomcats. I feel bad for you. But if you want the butt whippings to end you'll just need to get your team better instead of crying about it on here. Great teams are made in the off season. The Tomcats dedicate themselves to that, and that's why they beat everyone. You could learn from that.
You guys will beat Belpre this year….probably shut them out, as you should. I’d like to see you guys schedule up for a couple of games. Play Marion Local, Coldwater, Newark Catholic, Parkersburg, cough cough Fort Frye lol. Just think, if you schedule up, you’ll maybe win a couple playoff games in D6.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Picket Fence wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:45 pm

You guys will beat Belpre this year….probably shut them out, as you should. I’d like to see you guys schedule up for a couple of games. Play Marion Local, Coldwater, Newark Catholic, Parkersburg, cough cough Fort Frye lol. Just think, if you schedule up, you’ll maybe win a couple playoff games in D6.
Win playoff games? Have you any idea how many playoff games we have won? How many has Belpre won? I can tell you, about the same as the number of times they have beaten Trimble in this century. So, "cough cough" if we want advice on how to win playoff games it won't be from you or anyone else from Belpre. Maybe if you ever win one someone might be interested in what you have to say, "cough cough." :shock:

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:11 pm

Win playoff games? Have you any idea how many playoff games we have won? How many has Belpre won? I can tell you, about the same as the number of times they have beaten Trimble in this century. So, "cough cough" if we want advice on how to win playoff games it won't be from you or anyone else from Belpre. Maybe if you ever win one someone might be interested in what you have to say, "cough cough." :shock:
I believe you guys are D6 this year. Not D7. Am I correct? That was one of my points, sister. When you step up a division, you generally play stiffer competition in the playoffs. They are generally tougher opponents. My second point was to schedule up. Play a good d3 or D4 program, play a larger school like Parkersburg HS or a D2/D3 in Ohio. Get Marion Local on your schedule….heck, Fort Frye is a prime example of scheduling up. Of course, you remember Fort Frye from last year. Also, I know what Belpre is currently capable of, and it’s not winning playoff games. Belpre is good at cross country & track.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

No. Trimble on most years couldn't come close to any of those teams. It wouldn't do anything to play teams of that caliber. I think they're better off beating their usual 7-8 doormats, a decent team or two, and hoping for a favorable playoff draw

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

efarns wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:15 pm

No. Trimble on most years couldn't come close to any of those teams. It wouldn't do anything to play teams of that caliber. I think they're better off beating their usual 7-8 doormats, a decent team or two, and hoping for a favorable playoff draw
Word. :mrgreen:

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Picket Fence wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:44 pm

I believe you guys are D6 this year. Not D7. Am I correct? That was one of my points, sister. When you step up a division, you generally play stiffer competition in the playoffs. They are generally tougher opponents. My second point was to schedule up. Play a good d3 or D4 program, play a larger school like Parkersburg HS or a D2/D3 in Ohio. Get Marion Local on your schedule….heck, Fort Frye is a prime example of scheduling up. Of course, you remember Fort Frye from last year. Also, I know what Belpre is currently capable of, and it’s not winning playoff games. Belpre is good at cross country & track.
Clearly you haven't been paying attention. We have won playoff games in D6 too. How many has Belpre won? And have you looked at our schedule the past 10 years. Plenty of "scheduling up" during that time. Meanwhile, what's Belpre's schedule been like? I would think as close as they are they would play "cough cough" Fart Frye. :o

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:14 am

Clearly you haven't been paying attention. We have won playoff games in D6 too. How many has Belpre won? And have you looked at our schedule the past 10 years. Plenty of "scheduling up" during that time. Meanwhile, what's Belpre's schedule been like? I would think as close as they are they would play "cough cough" Fart Frye. :o
I have been paying attention….you guys were D7 last year. D6 in 2019, right? Most of your recent playoff success has been in D7, am I correct? I’m just trying to help you guys out so you can prepare for the stiffer competition when you make the D6 playoffs….schedule some bigger schools that play at a higher level. Also, I’m not comparing Trimble and Belpre in football. Trimble is in a league of its own when it comes to the TVC-Hocking football picture . You guys perennially take the cake in football and are usually 1-2 in basketball. Belpre isn’t going to be winning any playoff games anytime soon. Lastly, I’d just like to see you guys carry yourselves with some humility. “You can’t beat us, unless you cheat us”???? Seriously?! That’s how your gonna represent your school? C’mon….

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre is playing Fort Frye next year.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Picket Fence wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:17 am

I have been paying attention….you guys were D7 last year. D6 in 2019, right? Most of your recent playoff success has been in D7, am I correct? I’m just trying to help you guys out so you can prepare for the stiffer competition when you make the D6 playoffs….schedule some bigger schools that play at a higher level. Also, I’m not comparing Trimble and Belpre in football. Trimble is in a league of its own when it comes to the TVC-Hocking football picture . You guys perennially take the cake in football and are usually 1-2 in basketball. Belpre isn’t going to be winning any playoff games anytime soon. Lastly, I’d just like to see you guys carry yourselves with some humility. “You can’t beat us, unless you cheat us”???? Seriously?! That’s how your gonna represent your school? C’mon….
You must not be able to read then if you've been paying attention to our schedule. We picked up a D5, D4 and D3 team for this year. And we didn't have any idea that we would be D6 but we've been D6 before and won playoff games. We won't be D6 for long. But seriously, why would we take advice from a person who's team has never won a playoff game in the history of the school? :o

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:48 am

Well, easy win for FF and a beat down for Belpre. But props playing them, I guess.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:02 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:48 am

Well, easy win for FF and a beat down for Belpre. But props playing them, I guess.
Least they will play Fort Frye unlike other teams.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Blue Tartan wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:07 am I can still remember when Belpre was hard to handle in the TVC Ohio.
Yes they were. Is Ralph Holder still alive?

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:20 am
Blue Tartan wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:07 am I can still remember when Belpre was hard to handle in the TVC Ohio.
Yes they were. Is Ralph Holder still alive?
He is. Him and his wife still live in Belpre. My dad played for Holder in the late 80s and he talks about how he hated playing Nelsonville because they were just like Belpre - tough and hard nosed. He said those games were as physical as could be.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

We shall see in week two how hard they are to handle now. I and expecting Meigs to score at will. But time will tell just how many we can score on them.

I know, I was D1 fellas

Return to “Football”