What’s other SE Ohio Teams besides Ironton have going on?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: What’s other SE Ohio Teams besides Ironton have going on?

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

biggdowgg wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:07 pm
trojandave wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:28 pm The Portsmouth Trojans are looking to make the playoffs for the 4th year in a row, but have to fill some key losses, including QB Drew Roe, WR Daryionne Bryant, and WR Donovan Carr. On defense, Amari Johnson and Jayvon Zorborg will be missed. DT Leo Poxes returns, though, and he gave Ironton all they could handle in the playoffs.

The Trojans' offense should still be productive, with QB Tyler Duncan succeeding Roe, and RB Beau Hammond coming back as well. WR's Jayden Duncan and Reade Pendleton should give Tyler Duncan good targets to throw to. All around athlete Devin Lattimore has shown the ability to be a gamebreaker in the open field. The O-line returns only a couple, so it's critical to fill those spots.

Portsmouth gave Ironton a stiff test at the Tank in the playoffs, only losing 17-6, playing basically without Drew Roe. It was 10-6 in the 4th quarter before the Fighting Tigers put the game away with a late TD. Tyler Duncan threw the TD pass for the Trojans' only score.

Participation numbers were up slightly last season, and hopefully we'll see at least a slight increase in 2022. PHS went 8-4 last season, losing to Waverly and Fairland by only 1 point. A winning season in possible if the defense can repeat the good performance they had in 2021.

In the OVC, it's obviously Ironton as the team to beat. The biggest challenge for IHS may come in week 1 at Ed Miller Stadium. Not much noise coming out of Wheelersburg, but I can bet that playoff win over Ironton last season has given them a lot of confidence when they host the Fighting Tigers.

GO TROJANS!!

Good stuff Save I look for another competitive season ahead for the Trojans football team ,I think Duncan will do a good job at qb and he has some talented receivers to help him I think the running game will be good this year also .

I knoticed the Gerold Cadogan football camp had a ton of kids out from all ages its great to see.more and more kids coming out for football at portsmouth and especially in the summer .
Good stuff Trojan Dave and Biggdowgg, good to see the Trojans getting back on track.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

I see 6-4 or maybe 7-3 out of Chillicothe. See if they can utilize the Galloway mismatches.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

It appears the news out of Waverly is that the Tigers may no longer have the services of sophomore Braylon Roberstson. He is reported to have transferred to Paint Valley according to another thread:

https://www.southeasternohiopreps.com/v ... =2&t=90507

Aside from that possible situation, there has been little news out of Waverly as they try to extend their streak of winning seasons to 7.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fort Frye will continue to be one of the top teams in Appalachia.

Return to “Football”