TVC 2022

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: TVC 2022

Post by Orange and Brown »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:11 pm TVC 2022:

NY dominates the Ohio.

Trimble dominates the Hocking.

The toughest game for NY will be Trimble.
Newark Catholic will be pretty darn good again next year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
RebelMan74
Waterboy

Post by RebelMan74 »

Looks like South Gallia will be bringing in a new coach as well.

sgtwilliamjames
Waterboy

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

RebelMan74 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:56 am Looks like South Gallia will be bringing in a new coach as well.
The new coach, if it is who they say it will be, has a good background and should do well.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Trimble will play River at home week 2 instead of Miller

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Trimble has really upgraded their schedule now that there aren’t as many Hocking teams to play. River will be a better game then Miller. Other than proximity, there is no reason for Trimble to play Miller anymore. Not competitive most years.

Who is Woodward Technology? Are they any good?

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:06 pm Trimble has really upgraded their schedule now that there aren’t as many Hocking teams to play. River will be a better game then Miller. Other than proximity, there is no reason for Trimble to play Miller anymore. Not competitive most years.

Cincinnati Woodward, D3 in school size only
http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... &year=2021

I think if Trimble had a say they'd still be playing Miller.

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:06 pm Trimble has really upgraded their schedule now that there aren’t as many Hocking teams to play. River will be a better game then Miller. Other than proximity, there is no reason for Trimble to play Miller anymore. Not competitive most years.

Woodward Tech. isn't all that good I think. Their only playoff appearance was in 2008 when they got crushed by Wayne 52-0. No idea how the game got scheduled, just saw it on arbiter one day.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

icanpickem wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:05 pm

Cincinnati Woodward, D3 in school size only
http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... &year=2021

I think if Trimble had a say they'd still be playing Miller.
Yes without a doubt they would.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Hope the off-season is going well for all the teams. Ready to get this season started!

Gray Cat
Varsity

TVC 2022

Post by Gray Cat »

Let's get this started. We all know the heavy favorite to win the Hocking is Trimble. Who will fight it out for second place this year?

How about the Ohio. Will NY take it again?

Will the overall TVC Championship game be in week 1 again between Trimble and NY?

Thoughts?

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Is Thimble playing Fort Frye again this year? I know they got the brakes beaten off of them by Fort last year, so was wondering if they dropped them or not.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Redcatsback
Waterboy

Post by Redcatsback »

Calvin wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:50 am Is Thimble playing Fort Frye again this year? I know they got the brakes beaten off of them by Fort last year, so was wondering if they dropped them or not.
Oh brother thats' cold. That might just get the does a good two or three more scores put on them when they get drug behind the woodshed again this year. :o

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Of course TTOTH is the favorite in the Hocking, per usual. As for the Ohio, yes NY has to be favored, but VC could challenge as the game between those two is always competitive. I could see Wellston making some noise too if the new coach can keep the players they have and can coach a little. I don't see anyone else in the Ohio challenging though.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Pitstop Billy wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:51 pm Of course TTOTH is the favorite in the Hocking, per usual. As for the Ohio, yes NY has to be favored, but VC could challenge as the game between those two is always competitive. I could see Wellston making some noise too if the new coach can keep the players they have and can coach a little. I don't see anyone else in the Ohio challenging though.
Go ahead and count Meigs out fellas. We love being the underdogs. With the best staff in the conference I don't know how you can count them out but I'm glad you are so they can sneak up on you.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Calvin wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:50 am Is Thimble playing Fort Frye again this year? I know they got the brakes beaten off of them by Fort last year, so was wondering if they dropped them or not.
These two are not playing. Fort Frye wanted to keep the series going but Trimble ducked them just like they did VC last year when they used the Covid excuse.

greyghost
Waterboy

Post by greyghost »

Justy wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:08 pm
These two are not playing. Fort Frye wanted to keep the series going but Trimble ducked them just like they did VC last year when they used the Covid excuse.
That's a shame. Would have been a good series to keep going. Yes FF has the better program but it would give Trimble a tough game on the regular season schedule, which is usually lacking, and let them know where they stand. I get it though when you are use to throttling all but maybe one team on your schedule and then FF puts a hurting on you it's hard to swallow. Still think it would have helped the program progress though.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

greyghost wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:13 pm
Justy wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:08 pm
That's a shame. Would have been a good series to keep going. Yes FF has the better program but it would give Trimble a tough game on the regular season schedule, which is usually lacking, and let them know where they stand. I get it though when you are use to throttling all but maybe one team on your schedule and then FF puts a hurting on you it's hard to swallow. Still think it would have helped the program progress though.
Nah, they like it that way. One tough game a regular season is all they want. Then it's 9 games of coasting and into the playoffs. Makes for a good record every year. :o

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’d guess:

1. Nelsonville

2. Vinton Co

3. Athens
4. Meigs
5. Wellston
6. River Valley
7. Alexander

Hocking:

1. Trimble

2. Waterford

The rest

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

NY is set up pretty good for the next couple of years. This years team returns a ton. Every skilled position is back I believe except the QB. That will be the biggest concern coming into the season. The backfield will be really good with Richards, Stalder, Mitchell and Williams leading the way. Defense should be very good. Very talented freshman class coming in, if they all stick to football of course.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:32 pm I’d guess:

1. Nelsonville

2. Vinton Co

3. Athens
4. Meigs
5. Wellston
6. River Valley
7. Alexander

Hocking:

1. Trimble

2. Waterford

The rest
Trust me on this. Coop will have those RV boys Mulga Road Tough. No way they finish that low. I see them at 4.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!

Return to “Football”