7-7 passing scrimmages

greygoose
SEOPS

7-7 passing scrimmages

Post by greygoose »

I know it's a bit early but I'm sure some teams already have some of these scheduled, typically doesn't hit until July but thought I'd put it out there to see what teams had lined up.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 7-7 passing scrimmages

Post by Ironman92 »

Probably unpopular opinion here….but as a fan I don’t like the 7 on 7’s much. Yes it’s interesting watching the QB’s sling it but it doesn’t feel like football at all. Obviously coaches get needed info and seeing kids get reps…so I get why they do them and I’ll probably go to a couple, but would much rather watch a real scrimmage. Just my opinion.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:16 pm Probably unpopular opinion here….but as a fan I don’t like the 7 on 7’s much. Yes it’s interesting watching the QB’s sling it but it doesn’t feel like football at all. Obviously coaches get needed info and seeing kids get reps…so I get why they do them and I’ll probably go to a couple, but would much rather watch a real scrimmage. Just my opinion.
I don't really think it's an unpopular opinion otherwise you'd be having a lot of ppl showing up and watching these. However they're something very useful for coaches and players especially when teams hit time to break in new QBs. It gives the QBs more of a feel for the speed at the backend, now obviously there's no rush but that's when the scrimmages start to ramp up. While they're not popular amongst most fans 7-7 are needed for certain teams, what I never understood is those teams that run the ball 90% of the time.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:09 am
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:16 pm Probably unpopular opinion here….but as a fan I don’t like the 7 on 7’s much. Yes it’s interesting watching the QB’s sling it but it doesn’t feel like football at all. Obviously coaches get needed info and seeing kids get reps…so I get why they do them and I’ll probably go to a couple, but would much rather watch a real scrimmage. Just my opinion.
I don't really think it's an unpopular opinion otherwise you'd be having a lot of ppl showing up and watching these. However they're something very useful for coaches and players especially when teams hit time to break in new QBs. It gives the QBs more of a feel for the speed at the backend, now obviously there's no rush but that's when the scrimmages start to ramp up. While they're not popular amongst most fans 7-7 are needed for certain teams, what I never understood is those teams that run the ball 90% of the time.
It's good for working on coverages as well.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Again, they have ample importance for the team and staff….just way rather watch an actual scrimmage. Football is a lot of wear and tear…and break so 7 on 7’s about best simulation you can get.

Jackson always hosts 1 or 2 with 4 teams. I’ve never seen a team run???

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:57 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:09 am
It's good for working on coverages as well.
Yep 100%

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:07 am Again, they have ample importance for the team and staff….just way rather watch an actual scrimmage. Football is a lot of wear and tear…and break so 7 on 7’s about best simulation you can get.

LOL, nah I didn't mean to say they ran it during the scrimmage, I'm talking about those run heavy teams having the 7-7. To me it would be more benefit to them defensively, rather than needing to work on passing when in a game they might pass it 4-5 times a game and that's just off PA.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:07 am Again, they have ample importance for the team and staff….just way rather watch an actual scrimmage. Football is a lot of wear and tear…and break so 7 on 7’s about best simulation you can get.

I seen Waverly's schedule looks like Jackson is hosting one on July 29th

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton will be attending 7 on 7 at Ohio State the 16th and WVU the 17th

At Ohio State Pool Play:

11:00 - Bishop Hartley
12:00 - Olney, IL
1:00 — Massillon Washington

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

They all look good out of pads. Take the element of hitting out of the gAMe. They all can play it. Add in the element of hitting. Oooooo boy. We see some different folks

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”