Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

Ed Ott
Varsity

Re: Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

Post by Ed Ott »

“You all don’t know the story” is a weird defense it seems. Either he messed up or he didn’t. I wish the kid well if he did make these mistakes and I love a good bounce back and do better story. If he didn’t do anything wrong then proceed on.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Ed Ott wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:59 am “You all don’t know the story” is a weird defense it seems. Either he messed up or he didn’t. I wish the kid well if he did make these mistakes and I love a good bounce back and do better story. If he didn’t do anything wrong then proceed on.
That dude has a real distaste for Penrod for some reason. Lil Johnny must not have gotten a fair shake. So, to him anyone is better than Penrod. He defends the guy to the hilt, so don't expect anything of substance about this from him. "You don't know the story" is about all you'll get out of him as he tries his best to deflect and make it go away. :mrgreen:

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

It's a matter of public record in Oakhill ??? I guess?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Geronimo wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:23 pm It's a matter of public record in Oakhill ??? I guess?
Its a county municipal court matter when it is a traffic violation.
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

What a mess. :oops:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

It is now time to put this in the review mirror and full speed ahead into the season. August 19 will be here before you know it! Good luck Blue Devils and Coach Carter. As Bo Schembechler once stated, “You either get better or you get worse, you never stay the same”. This goes for coaches as well as players and teams!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:51 pm It is now time to put this in the review mirror and full speed ahead into the season. August 19 will be here before you know it! Good luck Blue Devils and Coach Carter. As Bo Schembechler once stated, “You either get better or you get worse, you never stay the same”. This goes for coaches as well as players and teams!
True. The Blue Devil faithful will put it behind them, but their rivals will probably not let them forget. At least for a while. Just have to prepare for that.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Billy Brave wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:19 pm
Ed Ott wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:59 am “You all don’t know the story” is a weird defense it seems. Either he messed up or he didn’t. I wish the kid well if he did make these mistakes and I love a good bounce back and do better story. If he didn’t do anything wrong then proceed on.
That dude has a real distaste for Penrod for some reason. Lil Johnny must not have gotten a fair shake. So, to him anyone is better than Penrod. He defends the guy to the hilt, so don't expect anything of substance about this from him. "You don't know the story" is about all you'll get out of him as he tries his best to deflect and make it go away. :mrgreen:
Last edited by MR305 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Possession fine
OVI fine few days in jail but money could buy out
Tags fine
So end of story????

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

MR305 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:57 pm
Billy Brave wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:19 pm

My boys have started since they were freshmen. I told Penrod to his face that my boys had gotten worse under his coaching, not better. So yeah, I along with other parents with kids on the team didn’t like the coaching the team was getting. Could care less about personal lives or what happens on your own time. Win games and get prepared for the next level.
Yeah I'm sure they did LOL. And no players ever know or care what a coach does on "his own time" no matter how good or bad, so I see your point that winning games is all that matters. But I'm glad you are convinced that this coach will make your little junior better and get him to "the next level." Is that why you are not disputing what the others are saying? Because you certainly "know the story" don't you? Tell me you do after repeating that over and again. :mrgreen:

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

If there so good go to the football holy ground Ironton!!!

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Geronimo wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:08 pm If there so good go to the football holy ground Ironton!!!
They're not. It's a wishful thinking disgruntled daddy. Some have blinders on. :mrgreen:

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Man, that whole community is a mess...Hard to build winners with such a rift in the people. I genuinely feel bad for the kids there.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I just came from the 7 of 7 tourney at Gallia today. I am going to break my post in to 3 sections. Number 1 whatever the school board and parents decide with coach carter that is up to them. If you don’t like it go to next school board meeting and voice your opinion. Get enough people to join you and it will effect change.

My personal opinion is that is why I liked coach Penrod developing great young men more important to me then developing great high school football players. I have nothing against the people that disagree with me. To each their own.

2nd thought numbers are up true depth will be about the same. I had 3 parents come talk to me while I was there all parents of seniors or juniors and none of them have the excitement of the coaching change that MR 305 thinks exists. Now none of them were negative about coach carter being named coach. But 2 of the 3 of them think coach carter should have some kind of disciplinary action for the event that took place. Not be removed as coach but maybe suspended for a week or two.

Three I kept hearing people wanted Penrod gone because of players running their mouth and stupid penalties. As long as you have parents setting the example and running their mouths kids are going to follow that example.

That is exactly what I saw today. I wasn’t close to the field today probably 40 feet away most of the time. And I heard two players one to coach carter and one to coach MAC one during Mumford period one during Vinton county openly talk back to coaches and nothing was said or done to either one…. If your going to call it out when you don’t like the coach call it out all the time.

One final thing coach Penrod I don’t know if you read the thread anymore but I know Jodi just had another surgery you are in our thoughts and prayers

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Only 7% ever play at the next level, any level which most do not offer scholarships

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

On to the actual 7 on 7 and lineman things I saw today.

Gallia academy won both 7 on 7’s that I saw but I certainly hope we are a power running team. Not saying that Gallia academy looked bad. But James Franklin makes up for a lot of ugly looking things. Coach look at the film. Not the pass not the primary receiver most of the time but everyone else. The route running was horrendous from secondary receivers and back side receivers most time only put effort into their routes for 5 yards. Most of the receivers appeared to have no ideas how to set down in a open spot in zone coverage.

There is a ton of talent there and a saw a lot of great glimpses but far from a complete effort.

Defensively it was hard for me to judge. Gallia picked off Vinton county a ton of times. But I don’t think Vinton county is going to be a passing team. I don’t think you mean to have a receiver run a patter 2 yards deep another one at 5 yards deep and another one like 7 yards deep. Yea the blue devils intercepted because they had 3 defenders within 4 yards. Mumford is not a great passing team either but I was happy with the effort and execution.

Offensively if we can run and people take that seriously the route running won’t be as important

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The good old days I'm a GA grad played on a undefeated team that was picked for 7th and won it all plus beat Ironton and yes was a starter Carry the goal post down 2nd ave fans did ! Buddy Moore kick you in the a$$ if need so,he could not Coach today because he would be jailed lol Hard nose Yes but got the Job done! Would like to see GA play at that leve but :roll: :roll: ? Good luck you need it.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Geronimo wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:59 pm The good old days I'm a GA grad played on a undefeated team that was picked for 7th and won it all plus beat Ironton and yes was a starter Carry the goal post down 2nd ave fans did ! Buddy Moore kick you in the a$$ if need so,he could not Coach today because he would be jailed lol Hard nose Yes but got the Job done! Would like to see GA play at that leve but :roll: :roll: ? Good luck you need it.

I remember that year, didn't the goal post ride on shoulders up 2nd Ave. and get deposited over the riverbank by The Shake Shop?

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

And the truth comes out haha

How can any parent not care a little what the coach does on his own time? I hope your sons get alot gooder and get the full ride to Notre Dame or OSU or if not as good maybe just a WVU or even Marshall.

Super Dads ruin sports.

IRONBLUE
Waterboy

Post by IRONBLUE »

Ed Ott wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:46 pm And the truth comes out haha

How can any parent not care a little what the coach does on his own time? I hope your sons get alot gooder and get the full ride to Notre Dame or OSU or if not as good maybe just a WVU or even Marshall.

Super Dads ruin sports.
I read this and hear a Dad wanting the best for his kids and expecting excellence on the field….

Return to “Football”