Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Re: Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

Post by Billy Brave »

GA has always been extremely political. The problem with that is the politics can change on a whim. Some of the most staunch supporters of the hiring of Penrod were leading the charge to get rid of him. Seems to happen to every coach they hire. Will the new guy be spared of this? We'll see. :mrgreen:

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Billy Brave wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:29 pm GA has always been extremely political. The problem with that is the politics can change on a whim. Some of the most staunch supporters of the hiring of Penrod were leading the charge to get rid of him. Seems to happen to every coach they hire. Will the new guy be spared of this? We'll see. :mrgreen:
Probably not. They ran off Coach Oz and put the basketball program in the toilet. How's baseball doing without Rich running the show? How about football without Boko, Saunders, Eddy, and now Penrod?

The community expects a state title level team most years and that's just not possible being a small D-IV school. Athens HS had the greatest team this area had ever seen with Burrow, the Luerhman boys, Trae Williams, and a line that looked like it averaged 260-270 across the board and they couldn't win it all even. Ohio and Southeastern Ohio are effectively two different states, from an athletic perspective

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:28 pm
This. A thousand times this. The culture in Gallipolis is 1000000000% the problem. Everything that's bad about small town life is front and center in Gallipolis and I'd say very few people are more aware of that than the local head ball coach. Penrod gave the program everything he had and GA football is in a better place because of the work he put in. By all accounts, his program churned out quality young men every year. Gallipolis is worse off without him being in a leading role in their athletic department. No disrespect to the new staff or players currently in the program, but I think losing Penrod will hurt GA more than a lot of the community might care to admit.
Gallipolis is a great town. I have family and friends who are from there, who live there, and have chosen to make it home. I have had so many memorable days in the French City.

So I don't want to disparage the place. Go enjoy a meal at Courtside. Enjoy a round of golf at Cliffside. Enjoy the holiday lights in the park. Spend time at the Boat Club or on the river.

So many great, great people from that fine city. I just want to be clear.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:32 pm
This. A thousand times this. The culture in Gallipolis is 1000000000% the problem. Everything that's bad about small town life is front and center in Gallipolis and I'd say very few people are more aware of that than the local head ball coach. Penrod gave the program everything he had and GA football is in a better place because of the work he put in. By all accounts, his program churned out quality young men every year. Gallipolis is worse off without him being in a leading role in their athletic department. No disrespect to the new staff or players currently in the program, but I think losing Penrod will hurt GA more than a lot of the community might care to admit.
Gallipolis is a great town. I have family and friends who are from there, who live there, and have chosen to make it home. I have had so many memorable days in the French City.

So I don't want to disparage the place. Go enjoy a meal at Courtside. Enjoy a round of golf at Cliffside. Enjoy the holiday lights in the park. Spend time at the Boat Club or on the river.

It is a nice city. But I hate that golf course. Brutal :mrgreen:

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Calvin wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:16 pm

It is a nice city. But I hate that golf course. Brutal :mrgreen:
I remember when it was put in. I’m old.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Me too 92. In fact we prob walked those fairways together early nineties.

Hearing good things from and about the team this year. Regardless of who coaches this year the team was destined to be better simply due to maturity and growth. Most pieces are still in place and the 2 seniors who would have made the biggest impact last year were injured or did not play so very little lost from last year. Our league will test us more so than the past few years but I still see a healthy Blue squad going 7-3 at worst. To me the biggest factor in determining if/if not the coach change was a win will be the way the kids carry themselves on the field and if we do start with the nonsense penalties, do those continue to worsen or does it stop. Hopefully it’s a complete 180 in that regard. Last year our mouths cost us 2 games as much as any other factor. And made the opener a mail biter. Discipline is very important in sport and life. Good luck Blue! Stay focused on what you have control over and keep working hard to be better each day. Play for each other!! One shot!! That’s something every adult on this site will agree on, make the most of that one shot and save the talk for after the dust settles. Plenty of time for that later!!

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

JChipwood wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:47 pm Me too 92. In fact we prob walked those fairways together early nineties.

Hearing good things from and about the team this year. Regardless of who coaches this year the team was destined to be better simply due to maturity and growth. Most pieces are still in place and the 2 seniors who would have made the biggest impact last year were injured or did not play so very little lost from last year. Our league will test us more so than the past few years but I still see a healthy Blue squad going 7-3 at worst. To me the biggest factor in determining if/if not the coach change was a win will be the way the kids carry themselves on the field and if we do start with the nonsense penalties, do those continue to worsen or does it stop. Hopefully it’s a complete 180 in that regard. Last year our mouths cost us 2 games as much as any other factor. And made the opener a mail biter. Discipline is very important in sport and life. Good luck Blue! Stay focused on what you have control over and keep working hard to be better each day. Play for each other!! One shot!! That’s something every adult on this site will agree on, make the most of that one shot and save the talk for after the dust settles. Plenty of time for that later!!
Agree with you 100%. Again, this will be another small senior class. Majority of this team will be juniors.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

That’s all cute and swell and golly gee isn’t gallonopiss wonderful. Remember this. Y’all will be 0-1 at the start if this season.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

MarauderMadness wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:19 pm

That’s all cute and swell and golly gee isn’t gallonopiss wonderful. Remember this. Y’all will be 0-1 at the start if this season.
Yeah, so have fun with it.

I know, I was D1 fellas
MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Bring that wallet out. Put your name and your wager and lets do the thing. My crew and I will be in the Meigs parking lot early that day kicking off our pregame and getting loud.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

MR305 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:26 pm

Bring that wallet out. Put your name and your wager and lets do the thing. My crew and I will be in the Meigs parking lot early that day kicking off our pregame and getting loud.
Hey as far as the pregame have fun with it because you prolly won't be interested in getting loud after the beatdown. And you know I know.

I know, I was D1 fellas
MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

I have 2 on this team that will put enough points up themselves that night to beat Meigs. Only one of them played in the opening game last season and still had 3 touchdowns and another called back. Not worried about Meigs.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

MR305 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:37 pm I have 2 on this team that will put enough points up themselves that night to beat Meigs. Only one of them played in the opening game last season and still had 3 touchdowns and another called back. Not worried about Meigs.
"Not worried about Meigs"? That means we have you right where we want you. And thanks for the bulletin board material. That was too easy. You know that I know.

I know, I was D1 fellas
MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Let me know when you want some more material. If you need "bulletin board material" to be or get motivated then your coaches suck and the kids are not interested in the season. Remember to remind the guys to sound all the words out when they are trying to read it.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

MR305 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:48 pm Let me know when you want some more material. If you need "bulletin board material" to be or get motivated then your coaches suck and the kids are not interested in the season. Remember to remind the guys to sound all the words out when they are trying to read it.
Keep it coming. Anyone that thinks bulletin board material don't work has prolly suffered from too many head injuries from the beatdowns for running their mouth (aka: bulletin board material). You know I know.

I know, I was D1 fellas
MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Yawn

MarauderMadness
JV Team

MR305 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:48 pm Let me know when you want some more material. If you need "bulletin board material" to be or get motivated then your coaches suck and the kids are not interested in the season. Remember to remind the guys to sound all the words out when they are trying to read it.
At least our kids can sound it out. GA kids have to have their aide read it to them.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

MR305 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:57 pmYawn
Dang it, I didn't mean to shut you down. C'mom man, don't shy away. Keep running that jib. Have fun with it. You know I know.

I know, I was D1 fellas
MarauderMadness
JV Team

D1 will beat your D3 coach. Did your guy ever actually get in games?

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Meigs & Gallia counties…the pride of seo. You guys are all idiots if I’m being honest

Return to “Football”