Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

Post by greygoose »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:10 pm Meigs & Gallia counties…the pride of seo. You guys are all idiots if I’m being honest
Come on man you have to give them something, the only time of the year where everyone can talk trash is before the season starts. After that the cream rises to the top and only a few can trash talk. I'm more worried about the guys having a tailgate party for a Meigs and Gallipolis game ;)

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I think it is way too early to be talking smack about a game that is 2 months away.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:14 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:10 pm Meigs & Gallia counties…the pride of seo. You guys are all idiots if I’m being honest
Come on man you have to give them something, the only time of the year where everyone can talk trash is before the season starts. After that the cream rises to the top and only a few can trash talk. I'm more worried about the guys having a tailgate party for a Meigs and Gallipolis game ;)
I have 2 years left of this with my boys and then onto the next level. I’m gonna enjoy it all I can

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MR305 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:54 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:14 pm
I have 2 years left of this with my boys and then onto the next level. I’m gonna enjoy it all I can
Yeah man enjoy every single moment of it, it flies by. Good Luck to your boys this year.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Gotta build a football stadium

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:38 pm Gotta build a football stadium
They have a football stadium.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Gallia will beat Meigs handily. Expecting 40 something to 20 something. 7-3 floor, 9-1 ceiling. Would like to see matchups against Wellston and Oak Hill in the future

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Why would Oak Hill play Gallia Academy? Oaks schedule already tough enough with the 3 Ws on the schedule. Maybe GA should add Wheelersburg and Waverly? I could see River Valley wanting to play again possibly in the future?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Gallia does not want to play the Burg !!!

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:43 pm Why would Oak Hill play Gallia Academy? Oaks schedule already tough enough with the 3 Ws on the schedule. Maybe GA should add Wheelersburg and Waverly? I could see River Valley wanting to play again possibly in the future?
Close in distance. Same with Wellston. In my experience Gallia fans travel well. After the way the GA/RV series ended, I don't see that starting again unless GA joins the TVC or RV joins the OVC.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Geronimo wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:54 pm Gallia does not want to play the Burg !!!
I will second that. Would not be pretty for the boys in blue most years. Might get an odd year or two in each decade, but that series would look like GA vs Ironton if it had the same number of meetings.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Gallia only has 3 non-league games before conference play begins. I honestly wouldn't change much with the current lineup. Meigs and Point Pleasant should be on the schedule every year for gate purposes alone. I doubt anyone in charge at Gallia is in a hurry to end either one of those series. The one game I would like to see resume is Jackson. I've read that they won't play anymore due to Gallia's athletic facilities. That's too bad. I remember them being Gallia's most heated rivalry back in the days of the SEOAL. Meigs, Point Pleasant, and Jackson would be the perfect non-conference schedule for Gallia in my opinion.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vegeta wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:28 pm Gallia only has 3 non-league games before conference play begins. I honestly wouldn't change much with the current lineup. Meigs and Point Pleasant should be on the schedule every year for gate purposes alone. I doubt anyone in charge at Gallia is in a hurry to end either one of those series. The one game I would like to see resume is Jackson. I've read that they won't play anymore due to Gallia's athletic facilities. That's too bad. I remember them being Gallia's most heated rivalry back in the days of the SEOAL. Meigs, Point Pleasant, and Jackson would be the perfect non-conference schedule for Gallia in my opinion.
Vinton County isn’t afraid to play on grass. I think the Vikings would bring a great gate like the others mentioned. VC brought a great crowd to NY last year in a torrential rainstorm and filled Meadowbrooks bleachers (2 hour drive) in the first round of the playoffs last year. Viking Nation travels well.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Dundas wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:55 pm
Vegeta wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:28 pm Gallia only has 3 non-league games before conference play begins. I honestly wouldn't change much with the current lineup. Meigs and Point Pleasant should be on the schedule every year for gate purposes alone. I doubt anyone in charge at Gallia is in a hurry to end either one of those series. The one game I would like to see resume is Jackson. I've read that they won't play anymore due to Gallia's athletic facilities. That's too bad. I remember them being Gallia's most heated rivalry back in the days of the SEOAL. Meigs, Point Pleasant, and Jackson would be the perfect non-conference schedule for Gallia in my opinion.
Vinton County isn’t afraid to play on grass. I think the Vikings would bring a great gate like the others mentioned. VC brought a great crowd to NY last year in a torrential rainstorm and filled Meadowbrooks bleachers (2 hour drive) in the first round of the playoffs last year. Viking Nation travels well.
In a perfect world with more non-league games available for Gallia, I would be all for playing Vinton County and probably Wellston as well. However, they are very limited in who they can schedule with 7 mandatory league games.

If I could create a perfect schedule, it would be a mix of mostly OVC and TVC opponents. Throw in a couple of juggernauts like Ironton and Jackson to see how the team performs against two of southeastern Ohio's best. The remaining games on the schedule being very winnable if Gallia puts together the necessary effort.

Gallia Academy
Meigs
Vinton County
Wellston
Point Pleasant, WV
Athens
Jackson
South Point
Portsmouth
Ironton
Fairland

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Sunoco wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:04 am
loganlocos wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:42 am
Sunoco wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:37 am The question I have is how much time did he really devote to the program with everything going on at home?
LOL.

Ask his family. His wife. His kids. His friends.

Ask his parents and siblings.

All the people who get to enjoy spending time with him now that he ISN'T coaching.

All these shots directed at him about "how much time" he devoted to the program... get a life. He devoted his life to GAHS football. He had support of an amazing wife, daughters, family, and friends in pursuing that dream.

The fact that people want to question his commitment... when he literally gave more than enough to Blue Devil football while his wife fought the battle of her life (literally)... Come on.

And now that his family is happy and healthy all of a sudden "everything going on at home" is a distraction? GTFO with that.

Such a nonsense smear campaign in your community against Coach Penrod about his "commitment" or "how much time he committed" is one of the absolute ugliest things I have ever seen on this message board... and that's saying something.

My advice to Coach Carter: Win football games. Have fun. And take the head coaching job at Jackson when Andy Hall retires. Because no matter how much success you have at Gallipolis, they'll find a way to replace you at their convenience.

Ask Jim Osborne or Alex Penrod.
This wasn't a shot at Penrod just a honest question. I know he was going through a lot. Being a head football coach takes a lot time and a lot of time away from your family. I know he loved blue devil football and everything about it. I was just curious on why numbers were dropping off. If that wasn't it then what was the reason?
lets set the record straight coach penrod was coach for 5 years. When he took over the program was a dumpster fire. numbers increased in 2017, 2018, 2019. 2019 team had more players on it then anytime since gallia academy started varsity soccer. 2020 i know several parents who did not let there kids play because of COVID-19. so that really only leaves the year 2021 as a question and i agree it is a big question and a strange year. but i can tell you i was told in early june of 2021 that 2021 would be coach penrods last year as head coach and there was a lot of things that happened in 2021 that the AD made a decision on but everyone blamed Penrod. But for whatever reason numbers were down no denying it and a change was made. Time to move on.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Vegeta wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:46 pm
In a perfect world with more non-league games available for Gallia, I would be all for playing Vinton County and probably Wellston as well. However, they are very limited in who they can schedule with 7 mandatory league games.

If I could create a perfect schedule, it would be a mix of mostly OVC and TVC opponents. Throw in a couple of juggernauts like Ironton and Jackson to see how the team performs against two of southeastern Ohio's best. The remaining games on the schedule being very winnable if Gallia puts together the necessary effort.

Gallia Academy
Meigs
Vinton County
Wellston
Point Pleasant, WV
Athens
Jackson
South Point
Portsmouth
Ironton
Fairland
just one question why would you put south point on this list?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:54 pm Gallia does not want to play the Burg !!!
It doesn't matter if gallia wants to play burg or not. wheelersburg coach has no interest in this game. Has really nothing to do with football his family that still lives local already has to hear all the talk every time Gallia job comes open. He just has no interest in putting his family through that on a regular basis. That is what he said a few years ago when we scrimmaged or jamboree game down there.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

svac83 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:35 pm
Vegeta wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:46 pm

Gallia Academy
Meigs
Vinton County
Wellston
Point Pleasant, WV
Athens
Jackson
South Point
Portsmouth
Ironton
Fairland
just one question why would you put south point on this list?
No particular reason. It was just to mix it up evenly between TVC and OVC teams. Gallia's location makes for easy travel and natural rivals in either league.

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

I’ve actually heard that Jackson’s big hang up in coming to the OVC is the terrible football facilities at Gallia’s Football Field & all of Fairland’s outdoor sports facilities....

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Jackson is way too elite for the OVC.

Return to “Football”