Chesapeake-Away
Portsmouth-Away
Fairland-Home
Coal Grove-Away
Rock Hill-Home
Ironton All Stars-Away
South Point-Home
Playoffs

Players/Coaches and parents are excited for Gallia Academy football this year. Rejuvenated staff and numbers up. Last seasons team was made up of primarily sophomores along with a few juniors. Definitely more experienced team. Biggest difference I see is the kids have a staff that they want to play for and that they believe in. 8-2 or 9-1 will be the worst this team will finish during the regular season.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck Blue Devils!

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Numbers are up and the players are excited. 8-2 or 9-1 at the worst. The team last year was primarily made up of sophomores and a few juniors. Those kids have another year under their belt and I look for big things from them this year.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I will take that bet !!! 5-5 or 6-4 at best .

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MR305 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:40 pm Numbers are up and the players are excited. 8-2 or 9-1 at the worst. The team last year was primarily made up of sophomores and a few juniors. Those kids have another year under their belt and I look for big things from them this year.
I hope they go at least 8-2, but its going tough with Ironton, Fairland, and Portsmouth looking pretty prime this year, it will be the toughest trek through the league they've had for a while. This all of course barring any outside factors.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:46 pm
MR305 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:40 pm Numbers are up and the players are excited. 8-2 or 9-1 at the worst. The team last year was primarily made up of sophomores and a few juniors. Those kids have another year under their belt and I look for big things from them this year.
I hope they go at least 8-2, but its going tough with Ironton, Fairland, and Portsmouth looking pretty prime this year, it will be the toughest trek through the league they've had for a while. This all of course barring any outside factors.

No doubt the Ironton All Stars will be the team to beat.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

New Coach Young men that hasn't played since 7th grade not going to get the Job done good luck just a straight shooter !!!

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

if league titles and playoff runs are the goal each season, I will never understand why you get rid of a guy who was doing that for a younger, unproven coach with no head coaching experience??? If it aint broke dont fix it.

Live Like A Champion!
Blue2thecore
Waterboy

Post by Blue2thecore »

Logangrad wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:07 am if league titles and playoff runs are the goal each season, I will never understand why you get rid of a guy who was doing that for a younger, unproven coach with no head coaching experience??? If it aint broke dont fix it.
Maybe it's more about finding someone that wants to be there wants to see all the kids on the team succeed ! Younger, unproven and no head coaching experience is what people continue to say however that's what gives the coach and team the will to win ! Give the coach a chance he might just surprise you

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

Logangrad wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:07 am if league titles and playoff runs are the goal each season, I will never understand why you get rid of a guy who was doing that for a younger, unproven coach with no head coaching experience??? If it aint broke dont fix it.
For some reason numbers were declining throughout the entire program. As a DIV school you shouldn’t have only 15-17 kids available for the first round of playoffs. I understand injuries and covid took its toll but they should have 40-50 players consistently year in and year out. The question I have is how much time did he really devote to the program with everything going on at home?

Now with the recent incident happening maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to make the change.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

What incident? Please don't mention things that you are not prepared to elaborate on.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Sunoco wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:37 am The question I have is how much time did he really devote to the program with everything going on at home?
LOL.

Ask his family. His wife. His kids. His friends.

Ask his parents and siblings.

All the people who get to enjoy spending time with him now that he ISN'T coaching.

All these shots directed at him about "how much time" he devoted to the program... get a life. He devoted his life to GAHS football. He had support of an amazing wife, daughters, family, and friends in pursuing that dream.

The fact that people want to question his commitment... when he literally gave more than enough to Blue Devil football while his wife fought the battle of her life (literally)... Come on.

And now that his family is happy and healthy all of a sudden "everything going on at home" is a distraction? GTFO with that.

Such a nonsense smear campaign in your community against Coach Penrod about his "commitment" or "how much time he committed" is one of the absolute ugliest things I have ever seen on this message board... and that's saying something.

My advice to Coach Carter: Win football games. Have fun. And take the head coaching job at Jackson when Andy Hall retires. Because no matter how much success you have at Gallipolis, they'll find a way to replace you at their convenience.

Ask Jim Osborne or Alex Penrod.
Last edited by loganlocos on Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:47 am What incident? Please don't mention things that you are not prepared to elaborate on.
I mean any incident is likely public record. If you want to set the record straight it should be easy enough.

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:42 am
Sunoco wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:37 am The question I have is how much time did he really devote to the program with everything going on at home?
LOL.

All the people who get to enjoy spending time with him now that he ISN'T coaching.

All these shots directed at him about "how much time" he devoted to the program... get a life. He devoted his life to GAHS football. He had support of an amazing wife, daughters, family, and friends in pursuing that dream.

The fact that people want to question his commitment... when he literally gave more than enough to Blue Devil football while his wife fought the battle of her life (literally)... Come on.

And now that his family is happy and healthy all of a sudden "everything going on at home" is a distraction? GTFO with that.

Such a nonsense smear campaign in your community against Coach Penrod about his "commitment" or "how much time he committed" is one of the absolute ugliest things I have ever seen on this message board... and that's saying something.

My advice to Coach Carter: Win football games. Have fun. And take the head coaching job at Jackson when Andy Hall retires. Because no matter how much success you have at Gallipolis, they'll find a way to replace you at their convenience.

This wasn't a shot at Penrod just a honest question. I know he was going through a lot. Being a head football coach takes a lot time and a lot of time away from your family. I know he loved blue devil football and everything about it. I was just curious on why numbers were dropping off. If that wasn't it then what was the reason?

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Sounds like a dumpster fire, why would anyone want to coach at that place? Gallia sounds like so many other rural areas in SEO, always a 50/50 divide. Always 50% against you; that's your problem with maintaining winners. So glad my kids are at Wheelersburg where families push their kids to simply be the best they can be, whatever the position they are given and the support is there for whoever the coach is. Your all's community culture is the overall problem.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Sunoco wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:04 am
This wasn't a shot at Penrod just a honest question. I know he was going through a lot. Being a head football coach takes a lot time and a lot of time away from your family. I know he loved blue devil football and everything about it. I was just curious on why numbers were dropping off. If that wasn't it then what was the reason?
Didn't mean to put it all on you - but you're not the first person to make that kind of statement whether it's here on this board or through the "rumor" mill.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

BigChuck wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:09 am Sounds like a dumpster fire, why would anyone want to coach at that place? Gallia sounds like so many other rural areas in SEO, always a 50/50 divide. Always 50% against you; that's your problem with maintaining winners. So glad my kids are at Wheelersburg where families push their kids to simply be the best they can be, whatever the position they are given and the support is there for whoever the coach is. Your all's community culture is the overall problem.
And don't forget where your head coach is from and was an assistant coach for a few years... And he also turned down the HC position,. Best decision he ever made...lol ..

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

LOL.

BOOM!! :mrgreen:

Live Like A Champion!
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

LOL.

This. A thousand times this. The culture in Gallipolis is 1000000000% the problem. Everything that's bad about small town life is front and center in Gallipolis and I'd say very few people are more aware of that than the local head ball coach. Penrod gave the program everything he had and GA football is in a better place because of the work he put in. By all accounts, his program churned out quality young men every year. Gallipolis is worse off without him being in a leading role in their athletic department. No disrespect to the new staff or players currently in the program, but I think losing Penrod will hurt GA more than a lot of the community might care to admit.

Return to “Football”