Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

BigChuck wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:46 pm Man, that whole community is a mess...Hard to build winners with such a rift in the people. I genuinely feel bad for the kids there.
Really? I live in Gallipolis, I don't see a mess or a big rift. Maybe comment a bit dramatic. Dramatic people make drama.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:28 am
BigChuck wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:46 pm Man, that whole community is a mess...Hard to build winners with such a rift in the people. I genuinely feel bad for the kids there.
Really? I live in Gallipolis, I don't see a mess or a big rift. Maybe comment a bit dramatic. Dramatic people make drama.
Agree with you GalliaGrad78.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

MR305 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:53 am I laugh daily at some of the comments toward Coach Carter. It seems most don’t know as much as they think they do. Coach and his staff have done more in the last 5 months than what was done in the last 5 years. The only thing that has changed was the HC and a few staff members. Numbers are up, players have come back to join the team, some coaches are back, excitement among the coaches/players and parents are high. Doesn’t take a smart individual to figure out what needed changed, but then again it’s the same people talking out their a55 about a situation they think they know something about.
The last head coach is literally amongst the 4-5 most successful coaches in the history of the school - and you've had some darn good ones. He beat Ironton, won the league, and won playoff games.

That's elite company in all of SE Ohio.

I'm sorry you let your personal issues between your boys and coaches blind you to reality. But to say there has been more done in the last 5 months than the last 5 years is delusional.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:33 am
MR305 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:53 am I laugh daily at some of the comments toward Coach Carter. It seems most don’t know as much as they think they do. Coach and his staff have done more in the last 5 months than what was done in the last 5 years. The only thing that has changed was the HC and a few staff members. Numbers are up, players have come back to join the team, some coaches are back, excitement among the coaches/players and parents are high. Doesn’t take a smart individual to figure out what needed changed, but then again it’s the same people talking out their a55 about a situation they think they know something about.
The last head coach is literally amongst the 4-5 most successful coaches in the history of the school - and you've had some darn good ones. He beat Ironton, won the league, and won playoff games.

That's elite company in all of SE Ohio.

I'm sorry you let your personal issues between your boys and coaches blind you to reality. But to say there has been more done in the last 5 months than the last 5 years is delusional.
Again, it's a wishful thinking daddy who's Junior probably had limited to no playing time, or at least didn't get to play QB or whatever position daddy just know's he should be playing. It's daddy's like that who cause good/great coaches to move on. Yes little Junior might get some more playing time when daddy gets his way but it usually hurts the team as a whole. But daddy doesn't care because it's all about Junior, not the team. :mrgreen:

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Last edited by MR305 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

svac83 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:56 pm
Geronimo wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:02 am Flood water!!! Keep the water out how build a wall ? that Creek water is not healthy at all !!! Soccer is taking over,plus don't like to say it but politics plays a part in football plus the youth program also needs a face lift.not all the coaches but some as long as little who ever gets to play.
If you build a wall over by the creek you are going to flood some people out of their homes. That area takes a lot of water
What about digging a trench or gutter system that empties either at the old baseball and softball fields (which would be turned into craters big enough to actually hold all the rainwater) then updating the facilities at Memorial Field, since all the old money refuses to leave the 1970s where Memorial Field belongs. Even if they don't go turf, the visitor's locker room needs a big update. Paint it pink like Hayden Fry did at Iowa.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

MR305 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:14 am Well tells me all I need to know. If you knew me, then you would know that I coached this group of kids for 4 years. Many of these kids have either met with my boys to train, I have picked them up for practice, taken them to games, bought countless lunches/dinners, bought cleats/gloves, chartered a bus for this group of kids when they played in the TEEN OVC Championship, all of this on my dime. Didn't care and I don't care about anything else but these kids/TEAM getting better. Majority of these kids still call me Coach so for you to say I am all about my kids only, well makes you a dumba55. I did all those things and still do, not for a pat on the back or recognition. I do it because I can and I want this group of kids to be successful. My boys #5 and #8 are where they need to be. Same goes for wrestling also. I do the same thing.
Speaking of a "dumba55" if you knew anything about coaching you would know the quality of coach that coach Penrod is. All I needed to read was your comments about him to know that you don't. Others have pointed out how silly you are with your selfish complaints about him. So, yea to you it has to be about Junior. Hope they get that scholly you are dreaming about for them. Good luck. :mrgreen:

Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

meatswinger wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:41 pm What a mess. :oops:
Yeah, really, what a mess.

Living the dream in Middleport Metro
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:14 pm
Dundas wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:12 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:10 pm What has a bottom at the top?
Is this a riddle?
Yes. This is the riddle thread.
I'd like to solve! The adult entertainment industry

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Al Davis, “Just Win Baby”

Winning cures a lot of issues

Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:39 am Al Davis, “Just Win Baby”

Winning cures a lot of issues
Pretty much. And losing brings out the complainers.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This thread is crazy.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Yep, but it is entertaining

I wish the kids, the coaching staff, and especially Coach Carter Good Luck! The Big Black and Orange Monster is just ahead! Plus another team on the schedule which thinks they could be 6’5”, 6’6”, 6’4”, and 6’7” across the offensive line.

Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:35 am This thread is crazy.
That place is a political nightmare. No surprise that it has become a circus type atmosphere.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:35 am This thread is crazy.
Your right man. Done with the negativity. I for sure get caught up into things and let anger and emotions get the best of me. I can admit that. Looking forward to the season.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach Carter is putting in the work. That much is for sure.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I do know Point is loaded, Ironton is to.

IRONBLUE
Waterboy

Post by IRONBLUE »

Billy Brave wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:27 am
MR305 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:14 am Well tells me all I need to know. If you knew me, then you would know that I coached this group of kids for 4 years. Many of these kids have either met with my boys to train, I have picked them up for practice, taken them to games, bought countless lunches/dinners, bought cleats/gloves, chartered a bus for this group of kids when they played in the TEEN OVC Championship, all of this on my dime. Didn't care and I don't care about anything else but these kids/TEAM getting better. Majority of these kids still call me Coach so for you to say I am all about my kids only, well makes you a dumba55. I did all those things and still do, not for a pat on the back or recognition. I do it because I can and I want this group of kids to be successful. My boys #5 and #8 are where they need to be. Same goes for wrestling also. I do the same thing.
Speaking of a "dumba55" if you knew anything about coaching you would know the quality of coach that coach Penrod is. All I needed to read was your comments about him to know that you don't. Others have pointed out how silly you are with your selfish complaints about him. So, yea to you it has to be about Junior. Hope they get that scholly you are dreaming about for them. Good luck. :mrgreen:
Hey Billy the Brave, who are you? Throwing around personal insults about your varsity head coach, parents and players.. stay home on Friday night because we can’t get better with all your negativity

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

IRONBLUE wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:54 pm
Billy Brave wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:27 am
Hey Billy the Brave, who are you? Throwing around personal insults about your varsity head coach, parents and players.. stay home on Friday night because we can’t get better with all your negativity
WOW, you're joking, right. My only comments are directed toward a guy who bashes coach Penrod. I mean the dude has a personal beef with him because he fired him, with just cause. I just wanted him to admit that, but he refused to do so. I'm not bashing any players. The guys kids are good players for sure. But daddy is a real piece of work when you "know the real story." :mrgreen:

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

It isn’t the firestorm most people think it is at Gallia academy. People just have different opinions. And they like to voice there opinions.

Look my opinion is my opinion. But everyone who knows me also knows my personal opinion has nothing to do for my support to the program or wanting everyone to be successful. Coach carter even spent a couple of minutes talking to me at the 7 on 7. He actually sort of walked out of his way to do it.

He knows I support the program and always have. But what I think is right is what I think is right and I am going to state that. Then get on with life.

I hold no grudges or problems with MR 305. I wish him the best and his kids seem like great kids. But look he had basically no posts on SEOPS before his kids were in high school and will have very few afterwords. There is nothing wrong with that.

He will be following his kids and being involved in their lives and eventually the grand kids I hope.

There are not a ton of people that post for Gallia that has a long history. Super blue and some others. I can tell you I know very little of what went on before coach Eddy came in 2008 or 2009.

Want to know what kind of coach Penrod was ask those kids when he was a assistant under coach eddy. Ask the kids that wanted them to be their head coach in 2013 before we had the 4 dumpster fire years. Ask the kids that played for him in 2017, 2018 and 2019. And how they still talk about him now.

Ask the kids at Alexander that still are in touch with him today and taught them so much.

Look I don’t know what happened after 2019. My guess from what people like MR 305 say and I have no reason to doubt maybe his family became more important to him. Maybe he had distractions and was not as dedicated to the job as before or as much as some would like. I have no idea.

But what I would ask. Is for everyone to have open your eyes and think just because you did not have a great experience with a coach that obviously had things change in the last 2 years.

That you have the brain power and dignity to work at his entire body of work and the things he done for programs, kids teams. And just not blast a guy that history shows has been a great coach.

I am done with conversation that doesn’t have anything to do with 2022 team or future. It has been great to death good luck coach carter and team.

Return to “Football”