Biggest Rival

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Re: Biggest Rival

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

For Ironton I Think it's Portsmouth,Ashland,Russell,Wheelersburg,Gallia Academy, and Coal Grove

Go Ironton Fighting Tigers, GoTexas Longhorns
redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

efarns wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:45 pm
redblue85 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:06 am Fort Fryes biggest rival is waterford for obvious reasons.
Nah.

I mean . . . They would like to be, but it's more like a family reunion where a football game broke out. One side knows they're not going to win, but they go through the motions because we've been doing this dance for 60 years where we pretend there's some chance Waterford wins
Yes FF has dominated the series lately but its still a big game in our town…has been as long as I can remember

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

efarns wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:45 pm Nah.

I mean . . . They would like to be, but it's more like a family reunion where a football game broke out. One side knows they're not going to win, but they go through the motions because we've been doing this dance for 60 years where we pretend there's some chance Waterford wins
FF’s biggest game is always Waterford in all sports. Only bandwagon fans say it’s not

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:13 pm
efarns wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:45 pm Nah.

FF’s biggest game is always Waterford in all sports. Only bandwagon fans say it’s not
Bandwagon . . lol. ED'Spy is catching up to me, but I'd say I've been to more Fort Frye games than anyone writing about them here.

Waterford's biggest game is Fort Frye. For Fort Frye, it's a real low mark for a team to lose to the smaller school. It's never "We beat Waterford, so it was a good year." It's more "Gosh, we were so bad this year, we even lost to Waterford," or "We aren't going to win many games this year, but at least we'll beat Waterford."

F5fan
Waterboy

Post by F5fan »

One of the best rivalry games to watch in SE Ohio is Eastern/Southern. Always on a Saturday night and it’s very chippy! Not your big time Burg/Ironton battle but there’s nothing like a good ole small school rivalry. Eastern ran the old “hook and ladder” one year on the next to last play of the game to knock Southern out of the playoffs. Last year the Newland kid from Eastern ran for 420+ yards in 3 quarters. Always a great game to watch.

Jumper45
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumper45 »

Ironton needs Ashland,
Ky ( Paul Blazer ) back on the schedule. Was a big rival for many years

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

For Washington Court House

Since the 1960's it has been Miami Trace. Trace was formed in the 60's as a district of all of the kids in the county that did not reside inside the city limits of Washington Court House. The schools are just 5 miles apart.

Pre 1960' s and in some years even more than Trace , the biggest rival would be the McClain Tigers. This was always the closest school to Washington before the formation of Miami Trace. If memory serves me right it is the 3rd or 4th longest played football game in the state of Ohio. These two schools simply DO NOT like each other.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

For pre 1970 Waverly, their big rivals were Notre Dame, West, and Jackson. Currently it appears to be Burg, West and Unioto. Sprinkle Piketon into the mix when they were the season opener.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

Omega wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:22 pm For pre 1970 Waverly, their big rivals were Notre Dame, West, and Jackson. Currently it appears to be Burg, West and Unioto. Sprinkle Piketon into the mix when they were the season opener.
Definitely Piketon for me but that is because I have family that went there. 😂

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

RollCoal wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:09 pm For Coal Grove it’s always been Rock Hill and Fairland
At one time it was Coal Grove and South Point was a big one.

Return to “Football”