Washington County Football 2022

redblue85
Freshman Team

Washington County Football 2022

Post by redblue85 »

Wanted to know if anyone had heard anything about the Wash. Co. teams as the offseason is underway...

-Expect FF to be good again, but maybe not as strong as in recent years. Replacing Ellis at QB will be toughest thing IMO - he really ran their offense well. Will miss some good RB's and linemen too. Without seeing them I think they have a good year and win some playoff games, but don't advance as far as they have before.

-Obviously, everyone at Warren is excited with their new coach. From what i've seen and heard he is going about it the right way-but remains to be seen how much real talent they have. The RB Williams is very good but the QB needs to really improve and they need to find some weapons. Their OL wasn't great last year and their best reciever (Petty, the TE) graduated.

-Belpre is in deep trouble. Heard numbers are even lower than before. They were terrible last year save for the transfers from PHS, and their QB probably wasnt good enough to start on most jv teams. I don't know if they win a game this year...they are going the way of Fed Hock

Have not heard a single thing about Waterford, Marietta, or Frontier

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Washington County Football 2022

Post by noreply66 »

I would like to see Marietta work their way back to strong football.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Muskie740
Waterboy

Post by Muskie740 »

Ellis was a great qb, but I think losing him at safety hurts more. He was absolutely amazing on the backside and contributed to the hard nosed attitude of the defense.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:59 am I would like to see Marietta work their way back to strong football.
Marietta watered down it’s schedule they could win 7 games.
Attachments
7CD38921-D92E-4985-92A0-A7498AF1E1A2.jpeg

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Muskie740 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:13 am Ellis was a great qb, but I think losing him at safety hurts more. He was absolutely amazing on the backside and contributed to the hard nosed attitude of the defense.
He was really good for never playing defense. Downtown Owen Brown moving to safety and I think he will excel at the position.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redblue85 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:21 am Wanted to know if anyone had heard anything about the Wash. Co. teams as the offseason is underway...

-Expect FF to be good again, but maybe not as strong as in recent years. Replacing Ellis at QB will be toughest thing IMO - he really ran their offense well. Will miss some good RB's and linemen too. Without seeing them I think they have a good year and win some playoff games, but don't advance as far as they have before.

-Obviously, everyone at Warren is excited with their new coach. From what i've seen and heard he is going about it the right way-but remains to be seen how much real talent they have. The RB Williams is very good but the QB needs to really improve and they need to find some weapons. Their OL wasn't great last year and their best reciever (Petty, the TE) graduated.

-Belpre is in deep trouble. Heard numbers are even lower than before. They were terrible last year save for the transfers from PHS, and their QB probably wasnt good enough to start on most jv teams. I don't know if they win a game this year...they are going the way of Fed Hock

Fort Frye also has 16 Srs most they’ve had in years.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:59 am I would like to see Marietta work their way back to strong football.
I would too...for years it has seemed like they have some decent talent but never are really above average.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:19 pm
redblue85 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:21 am Wanted to know if anyone had heard anything about the Wash. Co. teams as the offseason is underway...

Dspy, who are the key guys coming back? for some reason i thought both Brown and Long were seniors last year. Brown being back is big, he'll carry the load

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

redblue85 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:37 pm

Dspy, who are the key guys coming back? for some reason i thought both Brown and Long were seniors last year. Brown being back is big, he'll carry the load
Yes that kid is a stud. 16 seniors is huge.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Billy Brave wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:39 pm

didnt realize we had that many guys back, but i'm not plugged in like Dspy. with that being the case should be another very good season for the cadets

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

redblue85 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:42 pm

didnt realize we had that many guys back, but i'm not plugged in like Dspy. with that being the case should be another very good season for the cadets
Will anyone on the regular season schedule give them a test?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Lost

Qb / S Ian Ellis
OT / DE Casey Brooker
OT / DE Hunter Kesselring
RB / CB CrazyLegs Long

Return

DL/ OL Kaleb Bailey
DL/ OL Caleb Riggs
LB / TE Zaiden Huck
DB/ Fb Ethan Dusky
Rb / S Owen Brown
Wr / CB Braxton Brown
OT / DL Graham Baker
LB / TE Keegan Strode
LB / Stone Dixon
Rb Austin Powell who lead team in ypc

They do have a few injuries right now.

Qb should be Soph Clayton Miller who is super athletic

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Billy Brave wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:47 pm
redblue85 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:42 pm

Will anyone on the regular season schedule give them a test?
Schedule pretty tough.

Week 1 @ D4 Playoff team John Glenn
Week 2 @ D5 playoff team Bellaire who won 10 games last year
Week 3 Vs D3 Zanesville Playoff team did lose alot including coach
Week 4 Vs D7 Playoff Team Waterford. Huge rivalry
Week 5 @ D4 playoff team Warren
Week 6 @ Point Pleasant AA they were 10-1 last year supposed to be loaded
Week 7 - Linsly Private school who knows who they will have.
Week 8 @ Caldwell D7 playoff team. They are on the rise
Week 9 @ Logan D3 but cmon
Week 10 Williamstown A state runner up.

Breaking in a new Qb they might lose 2-3 games but even if they do they’ll secure a home playoff game.

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

I like what Fort Frye is doing. They are scheduling up. I truly think most small school teams should do that if they think they will have a good chance of competing for regional and state titles. Realistically, Fort Frye should be thinking about playing in the regionals every year & their schedule reflects that. 👏🏻👏🏻 to the AD and coaches

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Picket Fence wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:38 pm I like what Fort Frye is doing. They are scheduling up. I truly think most small school teams should do that if they think they will have a good chance of competing for regional and state titles. Realistically, Fort Frye should be thinking about playing in the regionals every year & their schedule reflects that. 👏🏻👏🏻 to the AD and coaches
they have to schedule up because many of the schools there size wont play them around here. Caldwell and Waterford are the only ones that will. Shenandoah, Monroe Central, River, Belpre should all be on their schedule, but run from FF. Marietta will start playing them next year which is nice. But this year, only easy games on the schedule will be Warren, Caldwell, and Logan. Everyone else is capable of giving the Cadets a good game. Linsly normally has athletes galore.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

redblue85 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:36 pm
I would too...for years it has seemed like they have some decent talent but never are really above average.
Seems like Marietta has gone down a lot after leaving the SEOAL.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Warren will be improved this year but is still a year away from being a real threat, as far as being similar to the 2020 team. We didn’t lose hardly anyone (minus Rice, Berga, and Pettey). Defensively they should be athletic and physical at LB and DB. Need some bodies up front on both sides. Williams is obviously one of the better players in our area, and the offensive game plan should be much friendlier to Taylor and not put so much pressure on him. The vast majority of the kids playing on Fridays will still be sophomores and juniors, which is why I believe we’re still a year away.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:16 pm
Marietta watered down it’s schedule they could win 7 games.
Yeah the schedule this year is a joke. No guaranteed losses but still would be surprised if we won 7 games.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Marietta should be improved this year and I expect them to win some games with the soft schedule. It’s going to be hard to replace Bartlett who was our workhorse on offense last season. Also going to have to replace a couple of key linemen. Plenty of young talent coming back though, including our QB and top receiver.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redblue85 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:17 pm
Picket Fence wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:38 pm I like what Fort Frye is doing. They are scheduling up. I truly think most small school teams should do that if they think they will have a good chance of competing for regional and state titles. Realistically, Fort Frye should be thinking about playing in the regionals every year & their schedule reflects that. 👏🏻👏🏻 to the AD and coaches
they have to schedule up because many of the schools there size wont play them around here. Caldwell and Waterford are the only ones that will. Shenandoah, Monroe Central, River, Belpre should all be on their schedule, but run from FF. Marietta will start playing them next year which is nice. But this year, only easy games on the schedule will be Warren, Caldwell, and Logan. Everyone else is capable of giving the Cadets a good game. Linsly normally has athletes galore.

Belpre did pick Fort Frye back up starting next year. Belpre realized that they only make money at home when they play Fort Frye or Warren.

Return to “Football”