SVC 2022

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: SVC 2022

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:36 pm Does anyone think Westfall will ever get back to where they were?
I know it was years ago.
Nope, they've fallen into that area of so many teams and hurt for numbers and quality coaching. I mean if they can't pull themselves out of the cellar of the SVC I simply can't get behind any chance of them getting back to where they once were MANY years ago.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:36 pm Does anyone think Westfall will ever get back to where they were?
I know it was years ago.
I doubt it. They were average for a couple years recently but could barely field a team last year. Kind of confusing because it’s one of the bigger schools in the league and usually competitive in the other sports

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:46 pm
I know it was years ago.
I doubt it. They were average for a couple years recently but could barely field a team last year. Kind of confusing because it’s one of the bigger schools in the league and usually competitive in the other sports
With the numbers they have in there school they could back to be very competitive and they have athletes there. Right now it seems many have been doing soccer and cross country. So if they get people on board at the youth level they will be good again .

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

wch125 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:28 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:46 pm
I know it was years ago.
With the numbers they have in there school they could back to be very competitive and they have athletes there. Right now it seems many have been doing soccer and cross country. So if they get people on board at the youth level they will be good again .
I heard they were closer to 50-55 kids for this coming season. Hard to believe with there numbers last few years. Idk if it’s true or not but it would be telling after they just hired a new coach

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Just so I can show I haven't a clue (no, really, I haven't)

PV is my one, with a slight edge over ZT. I think these two are heads above the rest, but I give the nod to PV for the title. (ZT starting QB will be my biggest question)

I honestly think that three through eight are going to be like a greased pig contest. Just when you think you have it figured out, you don't!

But, I will go Unioto a distant three just because of numbers. They have depth

Four is a coin flip in my opinion. Piketon, Adena and Huntington have the potential to move up (or down) depending on injuries or breaks, but I still think slightly behind Unioto and a country mile from PV and ZT.

I think SE will be better, but still in a struggle with Westfall to stay out of the cellar.

Best of luck and health to all of the area athletes!

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:15 pm Just so I can show I haven't a clue (no, really, I haven't)

PV is my one, with a slight edge over ZT. I think these two are heads above the rest, but I give the nod to PV for the title. (ZT starting QB will be my biggest question)

I honestly think that three through eight are going to be like a greased pig contest. Just when you think you have it figured out, you don't!

Four is a coin flip in my opinion. Piketon, Adena and Huntington have the potential to move up (or down) depending on injuries or breaks, but I still think slightly behind Unioto and a country mile from PV and ZT.

I think SE will be better, but still in a struggle with Westfall to stay out of the cellar.

Nice breakdown and agree Zt and Pv “should” be head and shoulders better than the rest of the league. I Think Zt’s depth is what will ultimately make them the class of the league. As far as Zt’s QB situation they will be fine. Replacing Nichols isn’t easy but they have a 6’3-6’4 Athletic Junior who can run and throw. Kids been a QB in the program since 3rd grade.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Sounds like ZT - PV is going to be a great battle then. Thanks for the info.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

soggybottomtopper wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:15 pm Just so I can show I haven't a clue (no, really, I haven't)

Cleaning up my original post ( going from no clue to having my friends inform me LOL )

Still putting PAINT VALLEY as my champion, but ZANE TRACE is right there. Hearing that ZT will have a solid kid under center makes this a coin flip now IMO. At 3 is THE U. After seeing some of them now, I think they are closer to PV & ZT than I may have thought a week ago.

1. PAINT VALLEY
2. ZANE TRACE
3. UNIOTO

At 4 I am calling for a slugfest between Adena, Huntington and Piketon. I think Adena will be their typical rush heavy offense but, with a new staff not sure how they will adjust things. Huntington looks to have their best line in some time and with Coach Yates typically a defense first guy, he will look to play more power than finesse and control the ball and the clock. Piketon lost a ton of talent and more importantly championship kids. But, some of that has to carry over I would assume. My only question with this new Piketon team is how will they handle physical attacks.

4. ADENA
5. HUNTINGTON
6. PIKETON

I believe that Southeastern will be improved and am hearing that Westfall is still struggling with numbers. This game in week 5 will determine their standing I believe

7. SOUTHEASTERN
8. WESTFALL

Have at it boys. The more you talk, the more I can adjust my thoughts. LOL. Can't wait for the pigskin to fly!

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:55 pm

Cleaning up my original post ( going from no clue to having my friends inform me LOL )

Still putting PAINT VALLEY as my champion, but ZANE TRACE is right there. Hearing that ZT will have a solid kid under center makes this a coin flip now IMO. At 3 is THE U. After seeing some of them now, I think they are closer to PV & ZT than I may have thought a week ago.

1. PAINT VALLEY
2. ZANE TRACE
3. UNIOTO

At 4 I am calling for a slugfest between Adena, Huntington and Piketon. I think Adena will be their typical rush heavy offense but, with a new staff not sure how they will adjust things. Huntington looks to have their best line in some time and with Coach Yates typically a defense first guy, he will look to play more power than finesse and control the ball and the clock. Piketon lost a ton of talent and more importantly championship kids. But, some of that has to carry over I would assume. My only question with this new Piketon team is how will they handle physical attacks.

4. ADENA
5. HUNTINGTON
6. PIKETON

I believe that Southeastern will be improved and am hearing that Westfall is still struggling with numbers. This game in week 5 will determine their standing I believe

7. SOUTHEASTERN
8. WESTFALL

Have at it boys. The more you talk, the more I can adjust my thoughts. LOL. Can't wait for the pigskin to fly!
I'd say your pretty accurate. Hard to believe Piketon will fall to 6. But not impossible with what they lost. Huntington and Adena will fight for the 4 spot, haven't heard about their scrimmages yet. Southeastern and Westfall at the bottom, SE didn't win a game last year maybe can get one or two this year.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

1. PAINT VALLEY
2. ZANE TRACE
3. UNIOTO

4. ADENA
5. HUNTINGTON
6. PIKETON

7. SOUTHEASTERN
8. WESTFALL

What has happened to Southeastern ?

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

Lane Ruby graduated a few years ago. JK, couldn’t resist.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Bumpy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:15 pm Lane Ruby graduated a few years ago. JK, couldn’t resist.
Oh, I know they were good a few years ago. Hard to imagine no wins.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

I think they have only won 1 game since Ruby and company graduated. After that, new coach, low numbers, complete rebuild.
What do you do at a small school like SE?

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

Paint Valley - bet the farm on it.
Unioto/ZT - battle for 2 & 3
everyone else.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:26 pm I think they have only won 1 game since Ruby and company graduated. After that, new coach, low numbers, complete rebuild.
Aren’t most those SVC schools small ?

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

Ed Gennero wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:42 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:26 pm I think they have only won 1 game since Ruby and company graduated. After that, new coach, low numbers, complete rebuild.
PV is the smallest school in the league 👀

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

PVBearcat2012 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:22 pm
Ed Gennero wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:42 pm
PV is the smallest school in the league 👀
Yes they are except Unioto. I was just asking how does a coach,team, school, etc. rebuild a program to at least complete.
PV is the smallest, and I respect their football program for what they accomplish year in year out. They reload, have a beautiful facility, one of the best programs in SEO.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Ed Gennero wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:35 pm

1. PAINT VALLEY
2. ZANE TRACE
3. UNIOTO

4. ADENA
5. HUNTINGTON
6. PIKETON

7. SOUTHEASTERN
8. WESTFALL

Between Ruby's class graduating, and others kids quitting because they didn't get their way, it's been tough for SE. They should be on the uptrend though. Their sophomore and freshman classes have quite a few nice players.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

se-alum wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:14 am
Ed Gennero wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:35 pm

1. PAINT VALLEY
2. ZANE TRACE
3. UNIOTO

4. ADENA
5. HUNTINGTON
6. PIKETON

7. SOUTHEASTERN
8. WESTFALL

Between Ruby's class graduating, and others kids quitting because they didn't get their way, it's been tough for SE. They should be on the uptrend though. Their sophomore and freshman classes have quite a few nice players.
Yeah I've been waiting on those 2 groups seen them in Junior High play and they had a nice team had close to 35-40 kids on the team between 7/8, with some nice players. All up to whether or not they stick it out, based on that I was expecting a little more form SE this year but next year looking at a bigger jump

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

I don't see a scenario where PV doesn't win the league.

Return to “Football”