Federal Hocking Football

fortdawg
All Conference

Federal Hocking Football

Post by fortdawg »

The rumor at the Guysville Marathon is that Fed no longer has a football coach.
Does anyone know anything for sure?

fortdawg
All Conference

Re: Fed Football

Post by fortdawg »

It seems like there isn't much interest in this rumor or news.
That might explain why the position is open. :)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

He stepped down, and is an assistant now at FCA.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:39 pm He stepped down, and is an assistant now at FCA.
Wow.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Wow! I think this may have happened before?

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

You guys are both right with the wows, but the question now is if there will be a program going forward.
Let us hope there will be.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

fortdawg wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:14 am You guys are both right with the wows, but the question now is if there will be a program going forward.
The word on the grapevine was that their numbers were really low to begin with coming into this season. As in, single digits in the weight room.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:01 am
fortdawg wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:14 am You guys are both right with the wows, but the question now is if there will be a program going forward.
The word on the grapevine was that their numbers were really low to begin with coming into this season. As in, single digits in the weight room.
Single digits in the weight room at FH is an every year thing. What he did is the worst thing a coach can do the kids in the program that he professed to care so much about. It's one thing if something came up and he can't coach. But not the case here with him taking a coaching job at a different school. Shameful.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Billy Brave wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:48 am
Single digits in the weight room at FH is an every year thing.
You’re right — he should’ve stayed and handed out playing time to kids who barely go to the weight room.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:18 am

You’re right — he should’ve stayed and handed out playing time to kids who barely go to the weight room.
Nah, just quit in mid July when you have known the situation there. I guess your'e right that's gotta be better than handing "out playing time to kids who barely go to the weight room."

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Had this discussion with 93Bulldog over the weekend. Its mind blowing that FH can field other sports like baseball and track and XC and have so many numbers for basketball but cant get 30 kids out for football?? A revolving door of coaches doesnt help I get it but they have a great support system from their boosters and admins. Whoever coaches there needs to understand the challenges ahead and can be given time to build something. Its crazy to think this program was a playoff team 15 years ago as I would of thought it would of continues to build.

Live Like A Champion!
The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Billy Brave wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:39 am
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:18 am

Nah, just quit in mid July when you have known the situation there. I guess your'e right that's gotta be better than handing "out playing time to kids who barely go to the weight room."
When he met with the team and parents he placed the blame on the administration. I guess they are the reason only a few players were showing up in the weight room. Must be the same admin for the past 50+ years. :lol: But yeah it's always better to just quit with the season just weeks away. Shows good leadership.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

Not a good look for the coach, and could be devastating to an already struggling program. Hopefully they can find a coach that actually does care about the players and the program. Tough to do this late though.

Living the dream in Middleport Metro
MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I hate to see any school drop a program for the kids that want to play. If the kids are committed you can do a season with only 16-19 kids. Heck I know a school that had the best record in school history with only starting with 19, but society was different back then and the culture of the program was a tough physical kids. Plus had what might of been the youngest coaching staff in the state at the time.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

They had 8 kids showing up every day. When they had a 7 on 7 against FCA, some of the FCA players had to play for fed because they didn't even have 7 kids show up.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:44 pm They had 8 kids showing up every day. When they had a 7 on 7 against FCA, some of the FCA players had to play for fed because they didn't even have 7 kids show up.
Not much different than any other year at FH. The kids show up after the fair. He knew that going in, but he bailed on them. He didn't even give them the real reason. Had nothing to do with low numbers showing up. If it did why didn't he leave after last year?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Can a member of his staff take over? Is that a possibility or does this mean FH won’t have a football team this fall? Unfortunate if they can’t play. Definitely a bad look for the former coach.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Dundas wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:12 pm Can a member of his staff take over? Is that a possibility or does this mean FH won’t have a football team this fall? Unfortunate if they can’t play. Definitely a bad look for the former coach.
I don’t see what difference it makes what the former coach chooses to do after resigning.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:17 pm
Dundas wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:12 pm Can a member of his staff take over? Is that a possibility or does this mean FH won’t have a football team this fall? Unfortunate if they can’t play. Definitely a bad look for the former coach.
I don’t see what difference it makes what the former coach chooses to do after resigning.
Not sure what you are getting at there, but it's clear you are good with him doing what he did. I'm guessing that if he resigned from the HC position at your school in mid July you would not be justifying it like you are now. But when you are getting him as an assistant coach on your schools staff I guess that makes it different.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:28 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:17 pm
I'm guessing that if he resigned from the HC position at your school in mid July you would not be justifying it like you are now.
If we only had a few kids showing up to the weight room and the HC went somewhere else in mid-July, I wouldn’t care about what he did after resigning since the more pressing issue would be the ability to field a team with only a few kids showing up.
But when you are getting him as an assistant coach on your schools staff I guess that makes it different.
He’s not coming to my school’s staff.

Return to “Football”