Federal Hocking Football

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Re: Fed Football

Post by thirtyonetrap »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:42 am Once that mindset invades a school it’s tough to overcome. I think it’s a tornadovirus.
Yes and a certain coach, who shall remain unnamed :mrgreen:, that came to Eastern from Racine tried to infect Eastern with it. Glad he is gone and he took that mindset with him.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:55 am
MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:42 am Once that mindset invades a school it’s tough to overcome. I think it’s a tornadovirus.
Yes and a certain coach, who shall remain unnamed :mrgreen:, that came to Eastern from Racine tried to infect Eastern with it. Glad he is gone and he took that mindset with him.
Sounds like good grounds for a blanket party to me. :o

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Federal has cancelled its first game with Miller.
Does anyone know if this means the whole season is toast or are they going to punt some early games and hope to get enough to have a team once school starts?

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

fortdawg wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:12 pm Federal has cancelled its first game with Miller.
Does anyone know if this means the whole season is toast or are they going to punt some early games and hope to get enough to have a team once school starts?
I've heard they are done for the year. The admin there are not losing any sleep over it either, is what I was told. They were waiting for a reason to pull the plug. Now the kids can start preparing for basketball season.

DILLIFAG
Waterboy

Post by DILLIFAG »

Welcome to Nelsonville! Have a great day and season.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Pat wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:18 pm
fortdawg wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:12 pm Federal has cancelled its first game with Miller.
I've heard they are done for the year. The admin there are not losing any sleep over it either, is what I was told. They were waiting for a reason to pull the plug. Now the kids can start preparing for basketball season.
thougt they had hired Binegar as the head caoch?

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

All games are showing cancelled or have disappeard in Arbiter. Please have coaches contact me to help reschedule the games.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

This would be a good time to bring those athletes into the Catholic schools system. C’mon down boys. We can fill out a JV team with you as well as set up our varsity for a deep tourney run!

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

That's a shame for the boys who wanted to play. You mean to tell me they can't find a few more boys in the school to play and get enough practice in to start maybe week 3?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They told Lance they had 17 players but then only 3 varsity kids showed and only 5 jr high kids showed up. Season is over.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Oh my lord, THREE??
What's wrong with kids in that school district? Thought football was what united the student body in the fall.

Hope the 10 teams on their schedule find games.

OSUBengalrocket
Waterboy

Post by OSUBengalrocket »

Sad for the kids that wanted to play :(

AHS_Stephens
JV Team

Post by AHS_Stephens »

AHS_Stephens
JV Team

Post by AHS_Stephens »

WashCoFootball
Waterboy

Post by WashCoFootball »

Really really sad for the kids that wanted to play. And sad that there are coaches (aka basketball) not aligned with the whole mission of athletics.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

Several kids left Fed for Eastern after last school year. They were fortunate enough to see the writing on the walls. Fed better get a handle on this or they’re going to end up losing multi sport athletes in the future. A lot of kids aren’t just gonna stick around for basketball season.

247sports
Waterboy

Post by 247sports »

There are two players that transferred to Eastern 2 weeks ago. Both are Freshman. The administration at FH is not the problem. They are supportive and want to build, but can’t seem to get in a coaching staff that recruits and gains interest. A lot of variables.
Last edited by 247sports on Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WOUBsports
Waterboy

Post by WOUBsports »

Gridiron Glory is looking for parents whose kids were impacted by Federal Hocking canceling their season, whether that means moving their kids to different schools or leaving the district all together for interviews for a story. If anyone would be interested or, know anyone that would be interested please leave your contact information or email JM186818@ohio.edu.

fedhock24
Waterboy

Post by fedhock24 »

fortdawg wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:30 am If you ever needed an example of how to kill a program this is it.
I questioned why Woodson would leave after one year but this makes it clear.
You take a struggling program and then send them on the road for 8 straight games. :lol:
What is the chance of that happening at Trimble, NY, FF, or any other school that supports their football team?
Can you imagine the AD or Facilities Supervisor taking that to the Super or Board of the above mentioned schools?
I can't.
I'm sure someone will come on here to justify why this couldn't have been done starting Mid-May (when Fed track participation is down to a handful, if that).
Since I'm a Fed alum I'll use the local vernacular: That dog won't hunt.
Can we not do better for our kids?
Fed track is one of if not the largest team at federal hocking and have decent success. We even sent one one boy to state this year.

Return to “Football”