4. Mechanicsburg
5. McComb
6. Lucas
7. Lima Central Catholic
8. Fort Loramie
9. New Middletown Springfield
10. St. Henry

per Cleveland.com
Last edited by Not A Homer on Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Re: Top 10 Title Favorites per Division

Post by dnis30 »

My top 10...

DVII
1. New Bremen
2. St. Henry
3. Warren JFK
4. Newark Catholic
5. McComb
6. Lucas
7. Lima Central Catholic
8. Shadyside
9. Norwalk St. Paul
10. Minster

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Div SIX is a BEAST.

I do think Harvest Prep will continue to flex & do well with the depth that benefits them each year.

Region 19 is LOADED & although i would never assume any scenario or outcome, this has got to be the strongest R19 I have seen in a long time.

With the MAC & KirtLand maneuvered it opens the possibility up for another school to possibly wear the BIG hat!

I also see Mooney is back in & they are always a hurdle for someone & they’ve been quiet a while, so i look for them to be a spoiler.

The way CB shifted such powers out of D5, it reminds me when Burg last pulled it off.

ColdH20 & Harvest Prep i still see as the faves though.

Gonna be a good season kickoff around the corner!!!

Good luck to ALL!!!

WJOSUSteelers
Waterboy

Post by WJOSUSteelers »

In Division V, Ironton has to be the favorite. With 3 players in the Ohio Top 50 seniors and a couple more with DI offers, anything less than a State Title would have to considered a disappointment.

In Division VI, it appears to be a Marion Local-Kirtland championship game clash. I don’t see anyone seriously contending with either school.

In Division VII everyone has to feel like they have a shot with no Marion Local lurking.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I truly don’t think Ironton is the favorite in R19. Harvest Prep will continue to get stronger. Wheelersburg will be a tough out as usual. Ironton gets all the love for the multiple D1 kids, but they are all skill guys. Only one ball per play. Ironton may struggle up front against the true elite teams. Defensively they are so athletic in the back that they’ll be strong as usual, but I could certainly see struggles in sustaining drives.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I understand trying to manage expectations but it’s almost comical reading posts about ironton not necessarily the favorites to win a state championship. The player roster is so far ahead of everyone else “star” wise all the way to at least division 2 and arguably all the way to division 1 that, barring injuries to half the team, it would have to be considered a colossal failure to not win a division 5 state championship this year.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

522Pirate wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:02 pm I understand trying to manage expectations but it’s almost comical reading posts about ironton not necessarily the favorites to win a state championship. The player roster is so far ahead of everyone else “star” wise all the way to at least division 2 and arguably all the way to division 1 that, barring injuries to half the team, it would have to be considered a colossal failure to not win a division 5 state championship this year.
The line is unproven, that’s going to be the key. If the Fighting Tigers Line does their job, they’ll have a good chance, if not, all the skill D1 talent in the Backfield will have a challenge.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

To me, it’s comical saying “anything less than a state title is a disappointment” about a team starting a mostly new line on both sides of the ball. But I get it, Ironton wins and you’ve already minimized it, Ironton loses and it’s more fun to dance on the grave.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

522Pirate wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:02 pm I understand trying to manage expectations but it’s almost comical reading posts about ironton not necessarily the favorites to win a state championship. The player roster is so far ahead of everyone else “star” wise all the way to at least division 2 and arguably all the way to division 1 that, barring injuries to half the team, it would have to be considered a colossal failure to not win a division 5 state championship this year.
Exactly. Ironton has three of the top 25 senior prospects in Ohio. No other school (in all divisions) has 3 in the top 25. And no other D5 school has even one.

Plus, Ironton has a lineman with an offer on the table from Kentucky. So unless the other four lineman are just flat out awful, Ironton should be fine on the line.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:38 pm To me, it’s comical saying “anything less than a state title is a disappointment” about a team starting a mostly new line on both sides of the ball. But I get it, Ironton wins and you’ve already minimized it, Ironton loses and it’s more fun to dance on the grave.
I haven’t minimized anything…if they win it all, I’ll congratulate them. I don’t have any issue against what they’re doing…I think it’s a good thing for the kids. If the Burg had 3 of the top 25 rated prospects in the state and didn’t win it all in D5…I’d be disappointed.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:58 pm
Exactly. Ironton has three of the top 25 senior prospects in Ohio. No other school (in all divisions) has 3 in the top 25. And no other D5 school has even one.

Plus, Ironton has a lineman with an offer on the table from Kentucky. So unless the other four lineman are just flat out awful, Ironton should be fine on the line.
Like I said, the line is unproven, the Lineman with the D1 offer from Kentucky will be a Sophomore and hasn’t started a Varsity game yet. Kentucky must of seen something in him at Camp to have made him an offer though, time will tell.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Ironton should be a favorite based off of stars, but there are questions:
1. How hard are guys with D1 offers gonna play? Are they gonna play to not get hurt or win?
2. Keeping guys happy. Getting enough touches.
3. Line play.
4. Are some of those guys really accomplished high school players or are they guys with measurables?
5. How will they handle adversity when things don’t go their way and they aren’t winning in the 4th?

I think these are legit questions. Sometimes the most talented isn’t the best player or team. One thing we’ve seen over the last couple years is Pendleton isn’t a great play caller. His best offenses have been get in the Bone and run Carrico. There are not any Carrico’s on this team nor do they have the line to play this style.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:35 am Ironton should be a favorite based off of stars, but there are questions:
1. How hard are guys with D1 offers gonna play? Are they gonna play to not get hurt or win?
3. Line play.
4. Are some of those guys really accomplished high school players or are they guys with measurables?
5. How will they handle adversity when things don’t go their way and they aren’t winning in the 4th?

I think these are legit questions. Sometimes the most talented isn’t the best player or team. One thing we’ve seen over the last couple years is Pendleton isn’t a great play caller. His best offenses have been get in the Bone and run Carrico. There are not any Carrico’s on this team nor do they have the line to play this style.

T ogether
E veryone
A chieves
M ore
———————-
T.E.A.M.

1-5 summarized with a simple Quote used everyday, ALL DAY, by GaZillionz of HARD workers EVERYWHERE.

We NEED 1 of 2 -PENDLETON- IMPLEMENTED…
FACTS-V-STATS
to have “FINAL IMPACTS”!!!!

Be part of the team or GET GONE/STAT!

That mindset has Gotta Be enforced & it has been absent & disappointing for IHS players & Fans to accept.

If an end to the “YELLOW-HELLO” laundry escapades were to end this year…..

That alone, would balance the uncertainty & question marks about the young line play….(bet they be ready to go RIGHT NOW)!!!

Clean Dat Stuft Upt &…… as always…..

#GoTgo

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I’m hearing Ironton is changing their scheme offensively this year. This will be a different style of offense than we’ve seen from Pendeltons teams. Looking forward to it.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

WJOSUSteelers wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:23 pm In Division V, Ironton has to be the favorite. With 3 players in the Ohio Top 50 seniors and a couple more with DI offers, anything less than a State Title would have to considered a disappointment.

In Division VI, it appears to be a Marion Local-Kirtland championship game clash. I don’t see anyone seriously contending with either school.

In Division VII everyone has to feel like they have a shot with no Marion Local lurking.
Agreed. However, New Bremen is going to be an absolute handful with David Homan at QB and Hunter Schaefer at RB. IMO, they are a heavy favorite at the moment. I think JFK and NC are both going to be really tough as well. I just heard from the MAC locals that St. Henry's QB didn't come out for football. That is going to hurt them mightily. Some dark horses: McComb, Lucas, Lima Central Catholic...New rankings below:

DVII
1. New Bremen
2. Warren JFK
3. Newark Catholic
4. Mechanicsburg
5. McComb
6. Lucas
7. Lima Central Catholic
8. Fort Loramie
9. New Middletown Springfield
10. St. Henry
Last edited by dnis30 on Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

It is honestly downright comical to see the anal clinching of the Ironton faithful on here as the season grows closer, they have spent the last 9 months creating their own hype and now with the realization of the expectations that come with said hype, they want to start downplaying. It is truly hilarious to see this in real time. And no, I am not saying Ironton will not win the State, they very well may, but from everybody else's standpoint throughout the whole state, you all darn well better, or you all will live a very rough following 12 months from a social media standpoint.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

St. Eds, Hoban,badin,van wert,coldwater,Marion local,new bremen

Those are my pics to win

Paladin `
Waterboy

Post by Paladin ` »

BigChuck wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:10 am It is honestly downright comical to see the anal clinching of the Ironton faithful on here as the season grows closer, they have spent the last 9 months creating their own hype and now with the realization of the expectations that come with said hype, they want to start downplaying. It is truly hilarious to see this in real time. And no, I am not saying Ironton will not win the State, they very well may, but from everybody else's standpoint throughout the whole state, you all darn well better, or you all will live a very rough following 12 months from a social media standpoint.
Yes the pressure is on and Coldwater has taken notice so Ironton won't be sneaking up on them. Still have to go with the MAC school for the preseason pick. That could change once the season starts and we see if the preseason talk is just that or if those recruits can actually play at the highest level and put something together.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:35 am Ironton should be a favorite based off of stars, but there are questions:
3. Line play.

Well said

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

XandOs wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:35 am I’m hearing Ironton is changing their scheme offensively this year. This will be a different style of offense than we’ve seen from Pendeltons teams. Looking forward to it.
Makes sense. Ironton on paper has a bunch of speedy wideouts. My guess they will be slinging it. It’s going to be hard to defend them.

Return to “Football”