Pre Season top 10

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Pre Season top 10

Post by Ed Gennero »

1. Ironton - outstanding transfer class this year , couple that with a great off season workout program makes the Tigers the top of the class.

2. Fort Frye - state title seems to be close for this program.

3. Vinton County- new coach had brought new excitement, lots of new players makes them a lock for a TVC 🏆 .

4. Wheelersburg- return a ton of players , should make nice run until they meet Ironton.

5. Chillicothe - new coach and the best player in southern Ohio. Will win the FAC.

6. Jackson- lost a lot , return a lot , one of the most consistent programs in the area .

7. Paint Valley- new players same expectations , the class of the SVC.

8. Nelsonville York- steady and ready are the Buckeyes. Probably best team in TVC Ohio not named VC.

9. Portsmouth West- probably should be higher , program has been on a steady
uptick.

10. Trimble - will easily win the Hocking. Always a good product.

mustard
JV Team

Re: Pre Season top 10

Post by mustard »

Pretty good list.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ed Gennero wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:45 pm 1. Ironton - outstanding transfer class this year , couple that with a great off season workout program makes the Tigers the top of the class.

3. Vinton County- new coach had brought new excitement, lots of new players makes them a lock for a TVC 🏆 .

4. Wheelersburg- return a ton of players , should make nice run until they meet Ironton.

5. Chillicothe - new coach and the best player in southern Ohio. Will win the FAC.

6. Jackson- lost a lot , return a lot , one of the most consistent programs in the area .

8. Nelsonville York- steady and ready are the Buckeyes. Probably best team in TVC Ohio not named VC.

uptick.

Love to get more information about Vinton County and how they're ranked #3 on this list, yeah new coach but that's nothing new with them. Who is the best player in Southern Ohio that plays for Chillicothe?? I do think Chillicothe made a good higher that is going to propel them forward just not sure preseason I see top 5. List isn't bad but for sure West should be top 5, Fort Frye has really been building but how many do they have returning from last season?? I was thinking they lost quite a bit but I might be a year off on when they were going to graduate a bunch.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Ed Gennero wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:45 pm 1. Ironton - outstanding transfer class this year , couple that with a great off season workout program makes the Tigers the top of the class.

uptick.

💯

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bulletin board stuff means more in southern ohio. Some real good stuff for some this preseason.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:04 pm Bulletin board stuff means more in southern ohio. Some real good stuff for some this preseason.
I normally wait until actual scrimmages before I throw anything out there but pre scrimmages I’d have,

Ironton
Jackson
Fort Frye
Wheelersburg
Portsmouth West
Chillicothe
Fairland
Nelsonville York
Warren
Vinton County

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:08 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:04 pm Bulletin board stuff means more in southern ohio. Some real good stuff for some this preseason.
I normally wait until actual scrimmages before I throw anything out there but pre scrimmages I’d have,

Ironton
Jackson
Fort Frye
Wheelersburg
Portsmouth West
Chillicothe
Fairland
Nelsonville York
Warren
Vinton County
Feels like West should be in there but maybe not. I think WCH has a mess of athletes and a few big timers….I’m keeping my eye on them.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Ironton
Jackson
Fort Frye
Wheelersburg
Portsmouth West
Chillicothe
Fairland
Nelsonville York
Warren
Vinton County

No way VC is 10 , nice try. They’re a tvc all star team.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

uptick.

This is a tell me you know nothing about SE Ohio football without actually telling me you know nothing about SE Ohio football post. VInton County over Burg? Lol ok sure, whatever you say man. You are tripping.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ed Gennero wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:17 pm

Ironton
Jackson
Fort Frye
Wheelersburg
Portsmouth West
Chillicothe
Fairland
Nelsonville York
Warren
Vinton County

No way VC is 10 , nice try. They’re a tvc all star team.
I hope you are right but for a team that hasn’t won a conference title in this millennium, let’s pump the brakes and let them prove it on the field, not on paper.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

1. Ironton
2. Jackson
3. Wheelersburg
4. Paint Valley
5. Fort Fry
6. Waverly
7. Nelsonville york
8. Portsmouth west
9. Zane Trace
10. Trimble

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

I will be once again keeping up with all the buzz around Ironton. Best of luck to the Tigers on a championship. Will games be on mytowntv again?

6O HORN3TS 🐝
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:08 pm

uptick.

Love to get more information about Vinton County and how they're ranked #3 on this list, yeah new coach but that's nothing new with them. Who is the best player in Southern Ohio that plays for Chillicothe?? I do think Chillicothe made a good higher that is going to propel them forward just not sure preseason I see top 5. List isn't bad but for sure West should be top 5, Fort Frye has really been building but how many do they have returning from last season?? I was thinking they lost quite a bit but I might be a year off on when they were going to graduate a bunch.

Fort Frye has a ton of Srs this year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:38 pm

uptick.

Fort Frye has a ton of Srs this year.
Thanks, with that being the case definitely have to place them top 5

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

uptick.

i can't wait to watch vinton county end up going 5-5 or worse :lol:

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

uptick.

Assuming they are referring to Galloway as the best player

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:44 am

uptick.

i can't wait to watch vinton county end up going 5-5 or worse :lol:
Well that's what I'm trying to figure out about Vinton, they're a team that's best win was against a 5-6 Wellston team last season. Outside of a 4-6 Unioto team the wins were against teams with 3 wins or less. So now they're being placed in the top 10 just trying to figure it out.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

uptick.

Jackson or Wheelesburg would beat VC by 3 or 4 tds

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

uptick.

This is the worst top 10 list I have ever seen on seops lol

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

I know this list isnt perfect without having a good idea about teams not as local to me. So from what I feel comfortable ranking.

1. Ironton U- Undefeated with a ring or a bust. Can't have that many college caliber kids without winning it all in D5.

2 .Jackson- I know they return alot of talent and a very respectable program.

3. Wheelersburg- No doubt they will be a top 5 team. They reload and always put it together.

4. Portsmouth West- I truly believe they have the talent to win the SOC and Region. Maybe the best two way player in Southern Ohio. Most of these guys have started since freshmen so no excuses this year. I have them behind Burg until they beat Burg.

5. Paint Valley- smaller school with some tough players. Should win the SVC and make some noise.

6. Nelsonville York- great program with annual high expectations. Always capable of making noise.

7. Vinton County- Sounds like they are back on track. Not fully convinced on them yet, so time will tell.

8. Fairland- Really impressed with the coaching there. I know they lost alot but I expect them to be tough again.

9. Portsmouth- Great year last year, lost some talent but I think they are trending upwards as well. Cone down to Line play and defense like most years for the Trojans.

10. Waverly-Lost their big studs and might have to reevaluate the offensive scheme, but they will be in it.

I left out Fort Frye and Trimble because I'm just not familiar enough with them. I know FF is a state caliber team. I don't know how they would fair against teams like Ironton, Burg and even West that I could use as a measuring stick.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Return to “Football”