Nelsonville-York 16 Trimble 0 2022

NY BUCK
All State

Nelsonville-York 16 Trimble 0 2022

Post by NY BUCK »

I think this is the latest I have ever seen this thread started on here. With August being around the corner the game will be here before you know it. It will be the first game in the series at Boston Field with full capacity since 2018. The Tomcats have beat the Buckeyes the last four meetings.

NY finished its first practice of the season tonight. This pic was posted on the Nelsonville-York football page after practice. 25 days till kickoff!
Attachments
A918137C-0D54-4DBB-9441-CAA6CACFCB0D.jpeg

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Wk 1: Trimble @ Nelsonville-York

Post by formerfcfan »

Is it on a Friday, this year?

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:30 am Is it on a Friday, this year?
Yes

Johnny b
Waterboy

Post by Johnny b »

The Tomcats spray the Yorkies 18 - 12

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

What does each team return? If I were to guess, it’ll be another low scoring game.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

RollCoal wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:33 pm What does each team return? If I were to guess, it’ll be another low scoring game.
NY returns a lot from last years team. Roughly twenty kids I would say that either started for saw good amount of playing time. Have a lot of good guys coming up from JV and a very talented Freshman class coming in. Biggest thing will be replacing the QB.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Johnny b wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:05 pm The Tomcats spray the Yorkies 18 - 12
This score looks fine being that it is at NY so the score will be kept closer than what you would think. But I have heard NY has some new players and some younger ones that got a lot better so I don't think it will be as easy as people think either.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

have to go with Trimble here but should be a good game

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

NY by a couple of scores. When the talent is near equal Rusty gets the win. This year will be close in talent with NY actually having an edge in that department IMHO.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Both teams will get their first scrimmage in this Saturday.

Trimble vs Chesapeake
NY @ Logan

OSUBengalrocket
Waterboy

Post by OSUBengalrocket »

Trimble in a low scoring game.
Tomcats 15
NY 12

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

We have folks out watching, for obvious reasons, and from the reports I can see a runner in this one. I'll wait to reveal which team will be on the good end of it later but many will be shocked with my pick. Will know more after the scrimmages but right now that's how I see it.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

N. Y. Has to be the favorite in this one.
Trimble lost a lot and N. Y. Returns a lot, and should’ve won last year.
Cats 13
N. Y. 27

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

coachK wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:10 pm N. Y. Has to be the favorite in this one.
Trimble lost a lot and N. Y. Returns a lot, and should’ve won last year.
Cats 13
N. Y. 27
Yes, and this is always like the state championship for NY, so with their decided advantage in talent and speed if they don't get them this year it could be a sign that Phil and Brady have their number. I know 4 in a row was hard to swallow so 5 in a row would be impossible to choke down. :mrgreen:

Johnny b
Waterboy

Post by Johnny b »

Go Cats Go !

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Johnny b wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:19 am Go Cats Go !
I know you want them to do well, but from the word on the street this could be a rough start for Thimble. If NY beats them down like many are saying they will could that lead to an 0-4 start? When's the last time Thimble was 0-4 to start the season? Yes we all know they will most likely walk through the Hocking, but losing 4 or 5 games will be devastating to the Thimble faithful I would think. Especially since they are used to naming the score on most of their opponents. :o

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Calvin wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:57 am
I know you want them to do well, but from the word on the street this could be a rough start for Thimble. If NY beats them down like many are saying they will could that lead to an 0-4 start? When's the last time Thimble was 0-4 to start the season? Yes we all know they will most likely walk through the Hocking, but losing 4 or 5 games will be devastating to the Thimble faithful I would think. Especially since they are used to naming the score on most of their opponents. :o
Nothing like an 0-4 start to teach a little humility. Might be good for the soul. :mrgreen:

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Run baby run
Freshman Team

Post by Run baby run »

I think they will do better than most people think in those first 5 games. Trimble kids aren't used to losing and they expect to win no matter what.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

N y wins 7 of the next 10 in this series. Talent not even close coming up

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Run baby run wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:11 pm
I think they will do better than most people think in those first 5 games. Trimble kids aren't used to losing and they expect to win no matter what.
I took in the Eastern scrimmage and they are planning put one on Thimble this year. The new coach has them believing. That would be devastating to Thimblie's program to go 0-4 or 0-5 to start the season and then lose to a Hocking opponent too. :o

Celebrating wins over the most hated.

Return to “Football”