Nelsonville-York 16 Trimble 0 2022

Lakers23
Riding the Bench

Re: Wk 1: Trimble @ Nelsonville-York

Post by Lakers23 »

They thought they would blow Trimble out bye 30 and the young Trimble team hung with them.Yes a win is a win but Nelsonville better get better if not they will have the same record as Trimble come week 10.Both teams needs improvement.

Bagger Vance
Riding the Bench

Post by Bagger Vance »

Gonna be a long year for both squads

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Personally I do not see how NY will have a “long” year. Have some stuff to work on sure, but after week 2, the schedule is not to tough. See 7-3 again at worse. Personally think 8-2 or 9-1. Been wrong before though, will have to see how the rest of the season goes for everybody. Glad both teams got out injury free tonight

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats NY or the rival winning game. I am sure I will spot some scouts at the NC game tonight.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Might be time fto hand over the reins to Brady. He seems to have filled Rustys role on that staff.

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

Seeing the back and forth here is my take:
I saw both teams make plays and mistakes. Hard hitting and clean football.ain’t gonna take anything away from coach faires or the cats. Hope they go 9-1
Gotta feel good to wake up a buckeye this morning!!

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Re: Nelsonville-York 16 Trimble 0 2022

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

I think both teams will be fine. Trimble had a good first drive but couldn't put it in. Mistakes defined this game for Trimble. Gotta regroup and come back out next week fresh. NY should have a good year and the Cats will find their identity as the season goes on.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

NY BUCK wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:33 am Personally I do not see how NY will have a “long” year. Have some stuff to work on sure, but after week 2, the schedule is not to tough. See 7-3 again at worse. Personally think 8-2 or 9-1. Been wrong before though, will have to see how the rest of the season goes for everybody. Glad both teams got out injury free tonight
You are exactly right. Nelsonville will not have long year. After beating what is one of if not the worst team Trimble has fielded in the last ten years they will lose to NC, probably badly, but then rebound and either beat or lose a close game to LU, then run through the TVC Ohio, which is as bad as it's been in a long time, while sandwiching in a win agains a bad Oak Hill team. For sure going 9-1 or at worst 8-2 is in no way a long season and that kind of record will help them to dodge Fort Frye for a few rounds of the playoffs. Pretty much the same for Trimble except there will be three losses before easily walking through the TVC Hocking and into the playoffs.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:54 am
NY BUCK wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:33 am Personally I do not see how NY will have a “long” year. Have some stuff to work on sure, but after week 2, the schedule is not to tough. See 7-3 again at worse. Personally think 8-2 or 9-1. Been wrong before though, will have to see how the rest of the season goes for everybody. Glad both teams got out injury free tonight
You are exactly right. Nelsonville will not have long year. After beating what is one of if not the worst team Trimble has fielded in the last ten years they will lose to NC, probably badly, but then rebound and either beat or lose a close game to LU, then run through the TVC Ohio, which is as bad as it's been in a long time, while sandwiching in a win agains a bad Oak Hill team. For sure going 9-1 or at worst 8-2 is in no way a long season and that kind of record will help them to dodge Fort Frye for a few rounds of the playoffs. Pretty much the same for Trimble except there will be three losses before easily walking through the TVC Hocking and into the playoffs.
I agree.. the Ohio seems to be way way down. Both NY and Trimble will be fine, both will improve throughout the year. Good luck the rest of the way.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

NY BUCK wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:07 am
Gray Cat wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:54 am
I agree.. the Ohio seems to be way way down. Both NY and Trimble will be fine, both will improve throughout the year. Good luck the rest of the way.
These two might meet up a gain in week 11.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Glousterite wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:18 pm
Calvin wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:14 pm
Run baby run wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:11 pm

I think they will do better than most people think in those first 5 games. Trimble kids aren't used to losing and they expect to win no matter what.
I took in the Eastern scrimmage and they are planning put one on Thimble this year. The new coach has them believing. That would be devastating to Thimblie's program to go 0-4 or 0-5 to start the season and then lose to a Hocking opponent too. :o
Hate much? :lol:
No hate at all. Every team has a down year. For Thimble really it has been two down years with all the talk of how great they were going to be last year and they ended up not nearly as good as they thought. Hopefully this season will instill some humility in them and when they are back on top they might not throw the ball last in game to go up by 50 or 60 and/or leave their starting defense in to insure the team they are beating by 50 or 60 doesn't score. Only time will tell.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Calvin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:53 am
Calvin wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:14 pm

I took in the Eastern scrimmage and they are planning put one on Thimble this year. The new coach has them believing. That would be devastating to Thimblie's program to go 0-4 or 0-5 to start the season and then lose to a Hocking opponent too. :o
No hate at all. Every team has a down year. For Thimble really it has been two down years with all the talk of how great they were going to be last year and they ended up not nearly as good as they thought. Hopefully this season will instill some humility in them and when they are back on top they might not throw the ball last in game to go up by 50 or 60 and/or leave their starting defense in to insure the team they are beating by 50 or 60 doesn't score. Only time will tell.
It’s week four man. Move on.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Glousterite wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:38 pm
Calvin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:53 am

Poor Thimble is sitting at 0-5. Can they get a win tonight?
It’s week four man. Move on.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.

Return to “Football”