Fort Frye 33 John Glenn 6 2022

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fort Frye 33 John Glenn 6 2022

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye will travel to a D4 team that won 2 playoff games. What’s everyone thinking?

Cadets will have a new Qb

Cadets return 3 backs in the Wing T that started games last year. Downtown Owen Brown in for a huge season.

Cadets return Wr/CB Braxton Brown.

Fort Frye also returns 2 studs on the OL/DL in Caleb Riggs and Caleb Bailey

Key losses

Qb Ian Ellis
2 time all state tackle Casey Brooker
OT Hunter Kesselring
Rb/DB - CrazyLegs Long
Last edited by EasternDspy on Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Re: WK 1: Fort Frye @ John Glenn

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:00 am Fort Frye will travel to a D4 team that won 2 playoff games. What’s everyone thinking?

Cadets return 3 backs in the Wing T that started games last year. Downtown Owen Brown in for a huge season.

Key losses

Qb Ian Ellis
OT Hunter Kesselring
Rb/DB - CrazyLegs Long

The QB for John Glenn is the real deal. Has been starting since freshman year. I believe he’s a junior now.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Competitive game. It’ll take JG a little while to make adjustments to Fort Frye’s offense. It’s especially hard to defend the first time you see it live. With a new qb for FF and no Brooker, I’d say it’s a toss up.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

sounds like a good game.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Good test for Fort Frye right out of the gate. Think Fort wins it.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:36 am
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:00 am Fort Frye will travel to a D4 team that won 2 playoff games. What’s everyone thinking?

Key losses

Qb Ian Ellis
OT Hunter Kesselring
Rb/DB - CrazyLegs Long

The QB for John Glenn is the real deal. Has been starting since freshman year. I believe he’s a junior now.
Brad Morgan was Qb last year an he graduated.

Muskie740
Waterboy

Post by Muskie740 »

I think FF will need to dominate on both lines to win. I think the qb and defensive backfield are going to take a few weeks to come around

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Muskie740 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:43 pm I think FF will need to dominate on both lines to win. I think the qb and defensive backfield are going to take a few weeks to come around
Fort DL will be the strength of the entire team.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Good opening season test for Fort, but no reason to me why they don’t win…there coaches will have them ready to play

Harvey Wells
Waterboy

Post by Harvey Wells »

Have these two played before?

Muskie740
Waterboy

Post by Muskie740 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:43 pm
Muskie740 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:43 pm I think FF will need to dominate on both lines to win. I think the qb and defensive backfield are going to take a few weeks to come around
Fort DL will be the strength of the entire team.
For sure

Bluroon
Riding the Bench

Post by Bluroon »

JG's QB was called upon late regular season his freshman year and rotated last year until injured in week two. He has a nice release and can zing the ball down field. JG replaces one lineman on both sides of the ball from last season. In the years past JG typically does well against run heavy offenses ( Clinton Massey, Sheridan, St C. ) but as we know a new year means new challenges. I see it as a great test for both teams to kick off the season and should be a good match.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Noah Winland is their QB1. He’s had 2 shoulder separations which took him out last year. He’ll be back this year and he’s a good one. Was a freshman the year they lost to a Warren in the playoffs.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Bluroon wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:34 pm JG's QB was called upon late regular season his freshman year and rotated last year until injured in week two. He has a nice release and can zing the ball down field. JG replaces one lineman on both sides of the ball from last season. In the years past JG typically does well against run heavy offenses ( Clinton Massey, Sheridan, St C. ) but as we know a new year means new challenges. I see it as a great test for both teams to kick off the season and should be a good match.
Do any teams in TVC run the wing-t?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

John Glenn

* 12 Bronson Bendle Rb JR
* 27 Lincoln Gilcher Rb So
* Cameron Barnhouse OLB Jr
* Ryder Rock Rb/ S So
* Conner Sensabaugh Mlb Jr
* Gunner Fox C 6-1 240 Sr
* Bladen Baker Nose 6-2 300 Sr
* Nik Xanders DT Jr
* Noah Winland Qb Jr

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:41 pm Noah Winland is their QB1. He’s had 2 shoulder separations which took him out last year. He’ll be back this year and he’s a good one. Was a freshman the year they lost to a Warren in the playoffs.
You say he’s a 3 year starter how many games has he actually started? Seems like he’s been more of a fill in than a starter. He has more experience at Qb than Fort Frye that’s for sure.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Coming to watch John Glenn Vs Trail on Aug 6

Bluroon
Riding the Bench

Post by Bluroon »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:01 pm
Bluroon wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:34 pm JG's QB was called upon late regular season his freshman year and rotated last year until injured in week two. He has a nice release and can zing the ball down field. JG replaces one lineman on both sides of the ball from last season. In the years past JG typically does well against run heavy offenses ( Clinton Massey, Sheridan, St C. ) but as we know a new year means new challenges. I see it as a great test for both teams to kick off the season and should be a good match.
Do any teams in TVC run the wing-t?
Maysville runs majority wing T and Coshocton runs a version of it as well. They're not world beaters but but we both know that if the wingT is executed well, it's tough to defend.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:03 pm John Glenn

* 12 Bronson Bendle Rb JR
* 27 Lincoln Gilcher Rb So
* Cameron Barnhouse OLB Jr
* Ryder Rock Rb/ S So
* Conner Sensabaugh Mlb Jr
* Gunner Fox C 6-1 240 Sr
* Bladen Baker Nose 6-2 300 Sr
* Nik Xanders DT Jr
* Noah Winland Qb Jr
12 is a ballplayer. I remember him when he played LB as a freshman against Warren in the playoffs. He didn’t look out of place at all.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Just my outside opinion as a JG fan. JG dealt with tons of injuries last season that allowed many young guys to get varsity snaps. Coach Edwards has done a great job turning around the program with improved numbers and I believe 5 consecutive playoff appearances beginning with a final four in 2017. JG teams tend to start the season slow and improve as the season goes on recently.

The defense should be a strong point, like past years, as they return their starting linebackers from this past season (Walker, Bendle, Barnhouse, and Armstrong), secondary will be young.

The offense returns running backs Bendle, Gilcher, and Rock, who received lots of carries after starting rb went down, top receivers in Walker and Emerson, assuming he plays this year (Haven’t heard anything), and 4 O-Line starters.

If Winland can stay healthy at QB I look for JG to compete for the MVL title and host a first round playoff game.
Last edited by muskiefan11 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Football”