SEOP

Re: Week 1: Gallia Academy @ Meigs 8/19/22

Post by Geronimo »

What does Meigs got coming back ?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I am not sure, but the Meigs posters on another thread are feeling pretty confident.

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

I Think Gallia Academy Wins

Go Ironton Fighting Tigers, GoTexas Longhorns
Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

I think Meigs goes at best 5-5 this year if they do better than that then thats great. They do have some talent though that being said who could potentially shock some people.

Clelands younger brother Griffin Cleland (3rd year varsity returner) will take over at quarter back previously played Receiver and Linebacker, kid is smart about the game and how to run an offense effectively. obvious downside though is he doesn't have the same arm talent his older brother does

Another player to watch is Conner Imboden (3rd year varsity returner)' will Start at Receiver and Outside linebacker, Has lots of speed and very crisp routes with some phenomal hands, Can also read almost any offensive formation from the defensive side of the ball (this being because until this season he was the starting safety). downside he is short for the receiver spot only being 5'9" maybe 5'10"

Dillon Howard (Second year varsity returner) is another receiver with lots of Speed only questionable thing about him is his hands, He dropped a lot of catchable balls last year, but in his defense it was his first year in that receiver spot.

From what I have heard through the system, the offensive line should be pretty solid this year.

Payton Vaniwagen (first year varsity) comes back his senior year after not playing since 8th grade, will play receiver with a lot of speed and great hands but lacks in knowledge of the game and hasn't competed at the varsity level so could be a learning curve.

there are a few more players that could have pretty successful years really just depends on if they buy into the season and how they will be utilized.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

No way you getting a scouting report from us. Prolly gonna have to put in the work to find out what we will be bringing to the table.

I know, I was D1 fellas
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:12 pm I am not sure, but the Meigs posters on another thread are feeling pretty confident.
You are on to something . We have a proven winner and played D1 at HC and you guys have some kid who played D3. There just won’t be the experience and expertise in your coaching room. Plus we got a bunch of guys back from a team that should have beat you all last year. The difference is you won’t have those refs on your side this year. Early prediction:

Meigs 36
Gallipolis 14

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:11 pm
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:12 pm I am not sure, but the Meigs posters on another thread are feeling pretty confident.
You are on to something . We have a proven winner and played D1 at HC and you guys have some kid who played D3. There just won’t be the experience and expertise in your coaching room. Plus we got a bunch of guys back from a team that should have beat you all last year. The difference is you won’t have those refs on your side this year. Early prediction:

Meigs 36
Gallipolis 14
I'm a Meigs fan and nothing you just said about the meigs coach is true, he was on a d1 team but never got playing time and the officiating was pretty even last year except the two should have been targeting calls against the Blue Devils on meigs last drive.

I got meigs

Meigs 20
Gallia 14

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Scouting report ? Just how many are returning from last season ? Jmo what are you scare of ? I think it could be a close game ! Maybe ? Must not be that strong ? Meigs ?

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Meigs has 14 returning varsity starters

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

That's All was ask ! Be sides up this way the power house is across the river in Point.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Gallia Academy holds a 27-12 advantage all time vs Meigs. Prior to Consolidation in 1967, here was the records vs each school:

Vs Middleport: 24-17-3
Vs Pomeroy: 20-16-4
Vs Rutland: 5-1-4

The full all time W-L record is 76-46-11

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

I would love to see Meigs win this one but with the coach they have just can't imagine it happening. Change my mind. 8-)

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Sounds like meigs returns the majority of their starters and gallia returns nearly everyone from last year. Gonna be hard for meigs to replace Colter. Not taking anything away from his brother at all but Colter was the best player on the field last year. And a good leader and teammate. It was a privilege watching colter grow from freshman to senior. Gallia improved after week one last year and this years group will be much improved from last season, regardless of who was chosen as head coach. If this years gallia group can just deter from having big plays and TDs called back due to senseless penalties it could be a really good year. We gave up a cpl scores every week due to personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that were most times 40-60 yards from the play. Plus the taunting, celebration, etc that resulted in point after attempts being from the 18 yard line rather than the 3. Hopefully it’s a close injury free game that both teams can build upon. But…. If meigs can have some success at the line of scrimmage.

Gallia 34
Meigs 13

Same pieces for both teams mostly but gonna be a vastly different blue Devil team this year. To me it wouldn’t matter who was coaching, maturity equals improvement and growth. If meigs struggles to win the LOS matchup this one could be ugly.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Serious question tho, I was very close to meigs sideline last year week one and the HC seemed to have everyone on the same page and playing hard for each other. He was very engaged and enthusiastic. Did things fall apart after that? X and O issues? 4 losses by a TD or less, all to quality opponents minus Logan and sheer size gives Logan a huge advantage.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:33 am That's All was ask ! Be sides up this way the power house is across the river in Point.
meigs returns more than 14 from last years varsity, i'm just saying 14 of the returning players started last year

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

JChipwood wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:26 am Serious question tho, I was very close to meigs sideline last year week one and the HC seemed to have everyone on the same page and playing hard for each other. He was very engaged and enthusiastic. Did things fall apart after that? X and O issues? 4 losses by a TD or less, all to quality opponents minus Logan and sheer size gives Logan a huge advantage.
He can get the players in the game all on the same page but when it comes to those big moments where the play you should run doesn't get called or a timeout should be called he buckles and then all the players lose confidence in him because he kinda hides in his turtle shell and hands the other team the win by calling the same run play over and over again

He's just not a winning coach, he's not willing to take risk to win a game and not smart enough to know when to run or pass. plus he switches players positions every week which confuses the players on their assignments.

He has the potential to be great, he just needs to spend most of his free time in the film room watching his mistakes then he can address the players

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:27 pm
JChipwood wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:26 am Serious question tho, I was very close to meigs sideline last year week one and the HC seemed to have everyone on the same page and playing hard for each other. He was very engaged and enthusiastic. Did things fall apart after that? X and O issues? 4 losses by a TD or less, all to quality opponents minus Logan and sheer size gives Logan a huge advantage.
He can get the players in the game all on the same page but when it comes to those big moments where the play you should run doesn't get called or a timeout should be called he buckles and then all the players lose confidence in him because he kinda hides in his turtle shell and hands the other team the win by calling the same run play over and over again

He's just not a winning coach, he's not willing to take risk to win a game and not smart enough to know when to run or pass. plus he switches players positions every week which confuses the players on their assignments.

He has the potential to be great, he just needs to spend most of his free time in the film room watching his mistakes then he can address the players
Maybe they should add a clause to his contract that he will spend x-amount of time each week preparing for the games? :mrgreen:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Blue Devils

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

It is late July very hard to tell what any team will look like. My biggest thoughts on Gallia is who will call the plays offensively and exactly what kind of offense will the run. i think if gallia runs a power running offense. With power blocking skeam. Then run RPO passing attack off of that. This offense will put up a ton of points. I mean i think they can average in the 40's a game. If they try to just run RPO plays all the time. this team will struggle and will likely score in the 20's a game. If this team can run the ball consistently and makes teams play them honestly or think run first. The QB and Franklin will have a monster year.

If this team can run that kind of offense they will limit teams offensively and will help the defense. A running offense does not mean slow the game down. This team is going to be big enough up front they should be able to ram the ball down peoples throat and with three running threats with out involving the receivers they could go at a pretty high pace.

I just hope whoever puts the offensive game plan together every week. is who calls the offensive plays. when this team has been most effective over the years. that happened. Other years the opposite lead to a huge debacle.

If gallia runs power offense they beat meigs 42-14. if not they win this game 21-20. most of the stupid offensive penalties this team had last few years had to do with the skeems the team ran. when you make a kid finesse block every play and not let him T off on a kid. The other kid runs his mouth and gets a lot of cheap shots in. eventually the offensive player retaliates by running his mouth or other stupid penalty.

What scares me about gallia team is i think they are going to run the QB a lot. Kid is talented but we have nothing behind him

Return to “Football”