10 Day Rule?

Syntax
Riding the Bench

10 Day Rule?

Post by Syntax »

Is there a rule for HS football players (like there is for JH) that a player must practice for 10 days before playing in a scrimmage? I've looked through the OHSAA site and can't find any evidence of such a rule, so thought I would check with the experts here.

callie15
Varsity

Re: 10 Day Rule?

Post by callie15 »

They didn't start actual practice untill aug 1st, in that case no one could play.

Syntax
Riding the Bench

Post by Syntax »

I assumed the days in June or July might count.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Syntax wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:57 pm I assumed the days in June or July might count.
Those are voluntary days. Aug 1st is the first day of mandatory practice. This year they let coaches start the acclamation period on July 18th. From then until Aug 1st you could use 5 days but they still weren't allowed to be mandatory.
Their is no rule that says a player has to be at 10 practices to participate in a scrimmage.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:16 pm
Syntax wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:57 pm I assumed the days in June or July might count.
Those are voluntary days. Aug 1st is the first day of mandatory practice. This year they let coaches start the acclamation period on July 18th. From then until Aug 1st you could use 5 days but they still weren't allowed to be mandatory.
Their is no rule that says a player has to be at 10 practices to participate in a scrimmage.
You do have to complete your acclamation which takes 5.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:18 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:16 pm
You do have to complete your acclamation which takes 5.
Correct, and in most cases that typically applies to a player that decides to come out late as most guys have already got their days in. This really applies to a lot of those smaller schools who might not have a kid or 2 come out until school starts

Return to “Football”