"But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

TriState_34

Re: "But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

Post by TriState_34 »

mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:18 pm
TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:17 pm
mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:42 pm :oops:

Yeah. I agree. But Ironton fans trying to say Ironton is “ the better than the all the rest” program without mentioning that its based on transfers, is wasting your breath. Ironton doesn’t get near either state championship game without them.
Transfers are PART OF so with or without is irrelevant. If they have on Ironton jerseys they are Fighting Tigers. Full stop.
Well Look out OVC then.

Would Ironton run the table in the soc?

Ironmen98
All State

Re: "But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:14 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:52 pm

Yeah. I agree. But Ironton fans trying to say Ironton is “ the better than the all the rest” program without mentioning that its based on transfers, is wasting your breath. Ironton doesn’t get near either state championship game without them.
If Pendleton is a terrible coach , why do kids keep flocking to his program?

What’s the attraction?

More coming is the rumor.

I have him at 41-10 his first 4 years as a head coach , 35-5 last 3 years.
What was record in first year without transfers? The attraction is the college recruiter that’s on his staff. It can’t be winning, Burg wins, Jackson wins, Ashland wins.

Exactly , and yet kids flock to Ironton, not the others .

He was 6-4 his first year ever as a head coach. Improved from 4-6 the previous year.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:19 pm
mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:16 pm
TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:15 pm

Buld that narrative. 😂
I’m not building a narrative. I’ve already predicted an Ironton win.
And if so, thats what it will be. An Ironton or Burg win. Not a transfer win or a coach win. An Ironton or Burg win, because all the above is part of.
If you say so, but then again we will never know will we? Nothing to compare it too

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:20 pm
TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:17 pm

Transfers are PART OF so with or without is irrelevant. If they have on Ironton jerseys they are Fighting Tigers. Full stop.
Well Look out OVC then.

This year? Definitely.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

522Pirate wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 pm If by “Burg base” you mean the 9 or 10 people, out of the town of 6,129, who post on here crying about transfers…sure. Those people will make that excuse…just like the “ironton base” on here is perpetuating the “it’s really hard to win state”….”unproven line” excuse for if they don’t win state. Personally, and I foster this outlook with my sons, I think you answer the bell, accept the challenge and work harder. Plus it makes it even sweeter when we beat them. Such as last year….in the playoffs 😉
You already know it's more than the 9 or 10 here that do it. lol All over social media and it'll be murmered in the bleachers on game night too.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:20 pm
mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:16 pm

I’m not building a narrative. I’ve already predicted an Ironton win.
And if so, thats what it will be. An Ironton or Burg win. Not a transfer win or a coach win. An Ironton or Burg win, because all the above is part of.
If you say so, but then again we will never know will we? Nothing to compare it too

Transfers are literally no big deal anywhere else. 😂

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:22 pm

They are definitely not a big deal At kirtland

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:21 pm
TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:20 pm

Well Look out OVC then.

This year? Definitely.
I havent even tried to predict anything yet. How did burg look tonight in their 1st scrimmage?

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:24 pm
TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:20 pm ..

This year? Definitely.
I havent even tried to predict anything yet. How did burg look tonight in their 1st scrimmage?
Heard they were average

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:23 pm

I've never heard this much crying about it. Is it a small town issue or is it an aging and sorta behind the times outdated demographic that makes it that way ya think? Bit of both maybe?

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:25 pm
TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:24 pm

This year? Definitely.
Heard they were average
Well. They get better as the season progresses also. All that "superior coaching" their fans keep telling me about. Hard to doubt that.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:25 pm
mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:23 pm
TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:22 pm ..

I've never heard this much crying about it. Is it a small town issue or is it an aging and sorta behind the times outdated demographic that makes it that way ya think? Bit of both maybe?
Honestly around here, Pendleton should start his own school, and get a southern Ohio all star team together and then we may be able to compete for the state.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:47 pm

Bingo. Transfers are part of the game. Not an excuse.

What’s the attraction?

Not saying he’s a terrible coach. Think he did a really good job the first two years. Third year was going well until the horrible 38-0 loss in the title game; no excuse for Ironton losing that badly. The fourth year ended with the worst loss in Pendleton’s tenure. Ironton was by far the better team, and even had a 14-3 after Q1. This was simply awful.

So this year, Ironton has one of the most talented D5 teams ever assembled in Ohio. If this team doesn’t win it all, then the question becomes “what are the coaches doing wrong?”.

Big year for Ironton and Pendleton.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:29 pm

What’s the attraction?

Not saying he’s a terrible coach. Think he did a really good job the first two years. Third year was going well until the horrible 38-0 loss in the title game; no excuse for Ironton losing that badly. The fourth year ended with the worst loss in Pendleton’s tenure. Ironton was by far the better team, and even had a 14-3 after Q1. This was simply awful.

So this year, Ironton has one of the most talented D5 teams ever assembled in Ohio. If this team doesn’t win it all, then the question becomes “what are the coaches doing wrong?”.

That's fair. Favored to win. Pressure is a part of the spotlight. Have to embrace it.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

522Pirate wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 pm If by “Burg base” you mean the 9 or 10 people, out of the town of 6,129, who post on here crying about transfers…sure. Those people will make that excuse…just like the “ironton base” on here is perpetuating the “it’s really hard to win state”….”unproven line” excuse for if they don’t win state. Personally, and I foster this outlook with my sons, I think you answer the bell, accept the challenge and work harder. Plus it makes it even sweeter when we beat them. Such as last year….in the playoffs 😉
You already know it's more than the 9 or 10 here that do it. lol All over social media and it'll be murmered in the bleachers on game night too.
The people around the program I know and talk to never mention it.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

What’s the attraction?

I felt same way when Johnstown blew out burg at Jackson in 2018. Burg was far the better team, was a tough loss for Woodward

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:43 am

What’s the attraction?

I felt same way when Johnstown blew out burg at Jackson in 2018. Burg was far the better team, was a tough loss for Woodward
I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one, the Johnnies were returning a ton of talent and Burg in 2018 had just lost all of those guys from the state championship team. Burg in no way shape or form was the better team going into that game and especially during it, outside of Mathews with the long TD, Burg simply didn't do anything offensively and the Johnnies ran all over them. The Johnnies that year played 3-DII schools and had 2 teams on their schedule that were 10 win teams including a DIII Granville team that put Jackson out of the playoffs and the Johnnies only lost to them by 1 score for the lone loss on the year until the state championship game.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

522Pirate wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:37 am
That’s 2 of us. Whining about transfers is sucka %*#! and I’ve never heard anyone around Burg program mentioning it. Burg players and staff knew they had to get better after first Ironton game last year and they did, while Ironton got worse as the year went on.

Truth be told...the game in 2 weeks doesn’t mean much as both these teams going to be in playoffs. The rematch in November going to be the one that matters.*

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

Wheelersburg complaining about transfers .. that’s the laughing stock of a punchline that ends this conversation lol

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:24 am
522Pirate wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:37 am

That’s 2 of us. Whining about transfers is sucka %*#! and I’ve never heard anyone around Burg program mentioning it. Burg players and staff knew they had to get better after first Ironton game last year and they did, while Ironton got worse as the year went on.

Truth be told...the game in 2 weeks doesn’t mean much as both these teams going to be in playoffs. The rematch in November going to be the one that matters.*
Doesn't mean a thing. Sure. 🤫😏

Return to “Football”