"But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

TriState_34

"But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

Post by TriState_34 »

You already see the narrative being pushed. Lol

mustard
JV Team

Re: "But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

Post by mustard »

It’s not going to be a narrative when it’s factual. How can any team compete with the transfers? Ironton fans should be honest, they are going to be really good based on the newbies. Ironton favs try to make it something other than that. It’s the only reason why they will dominate. Go look at Pendleton first year with only Ironton players.

Ironmen98
All State

Re: "But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:00 pm It’s not going to be a narrative when it’s factual. How can any team compete with the transfers? Ironton fans should be honest, they are going to be really good based on the newbies. Ironton favs try to make it something other than that. It’s the only reason why they will dominate. Go look at Pendleton first year with only Ironton players.
The transfers are huge but let’s be honest, coach Pendleton played d1 football a pretty stinkin high level. He runs a good off season program. He knows the game and probably runs it very similar to Michigan state. He knows what colleges are looking for and what it takes to play at that level. Kids are coming to ironton to play and train under Pendleton, and they’re seeing results. He’s doing a great job at helping kids fulfill their dream of college football. Hell get better as an in game coach.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

At this point, with transfers...it is what it is.
If you get beat by a team with a few transfers, it still goes down as a loss, nothing else.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:35 pm At this point, with transfers...it is what it is.
If you get beat by a team with a few transfers, it still goes down as a loss, nothing else.
Exactly. At the end of the night it'll either say Ironton or Burg in the W column.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:30 pm
mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:00 pm It’s not going to be a narrative when it’s factual. How can any team compete with the transfers? Ironton fans should be honest, they are going to be really good based on the newbies. Ironton favs try to make it something other than that. It’s the only reason why they will dominate. Go look at Pendleton first year with only Ironton players.
The transfers are huge but let’s be honest, coach Pendleton played d1 football a pretty stinkin high level. He runs a good off season program. He knows the game and probably runs it very similar to Michigan state. He knows what colleges are looking for and what it takes to play at that level. Kids are coming to ironton to play and train under Pendleton, and they’re seeing results. He’s doing a great job at helping kids fulfill their dream of college football. Hell get better as an in game coach.
Bingo. Transfers are part of the game. Not an excuse.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

If by “Burg base” you mean the 9 or 10 people, out of the town of 6,129, who post on here crying about transfers…sure. Those people will make that excuse…just like the “ironton base” on here is perpetuating the “it’s really hard to win state”….”unproven line” excuse for if they don’t win state. Personally, and I foster this outlook with my sons, I think you answer the bell, accept the challenge and work harder. Plus it makes it even sweeter when we beat them. Such as last year….in the playoffs 😉

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

He is doing a great job of getting talent, no doubt about that.

As for his coaching, that still remains to be seen. The 38-0 loss to Kirtland a few years ago and to Burg last year were not good.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I believe you are ate up with the transfer stuff because deep down you know Ironton is mediocre without the players they’ve brought in.

I just can’t wait to read all of the post on here if Ironton loses. It will be fun to read!!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:53 pm
He is doing a great job of getting talent, no doubt about that.

As for his coaching, that still remains to be seen. The 38-0 loss to Kirtland a few years ago and to Burg last year were not good.

I can name bad losses for every “good” coach in southern Ohio. Want me to ?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Yes. Tell me when a team with better talent lost 38-0 to another team. Also, when did a team put a running clock on a team only to lose to them later in the year?

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Obvious, if you can't win with your own then you bring in a bunch of out of towners. But that still don't get you the prize. So with all that talent and no Hardwear to show for it then it's "obvious" of what the weak link is. I'm just waiting on the home grown Ironton kids that have worked their butt off thru the system and are good ball players only to get passed over by a "new" kid that was brought in to get sick of it and head someplace else.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

:oops:
TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:47 pm
Yeah. I agree. But Ironton fans trying to say Ironton is “ the better than the all the rest” program without mentioning that its based on transfers, is wasting your breath. Ironton doesn’t get near either state championship game without them.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:42 pm :oops:

Yeah. I agree. But Ironton fans trying to say Ironton is “ the better than the all the rest” program without mentioning that its based on transfers, is wasting your breath. Ironton doesn’t get near either state championship game without them.
If Pendleton is a terrible coach , why do kids keep flocking to his program?

What’s the attraction?

More coming is the rumor.

I have him at 41-10 his first 4 years as a head coach , 35-5 last 3 years.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:52 pm

What’s the attraction?

What was record in first year without transfers? The attraction is the college recruiter that’s on his staff. It can’t be winning, Burg wins, Jackson wins, Ashland wins.
Last edited by mustard on Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:14 pm

What’s the attraction?

What was record in first year without transfers?
Buld that narrative. 😂

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:15 pm

What’s the attraction?

Buld that narrative. 😂
I’m not building a narrative. I’ve already predicted an Ironton win.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

Transfers are PART OF so with or without is irrelevant. If they have on Ironton jerseys they are Fighting Tigers. Full stop.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:17 pm

Transfers are PART OF so with or without is irrelevant. If they have on Ironton jerseys they are Fighting Tigers. Full stop.
Well Look out OVC then.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:16 pm
TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:15 pm

Buld that narrative. 😂
I’m not building a narrative. I’ve already predicted an Ironton win.
And if so, thats what it will be. An Ironton or Burg win. Not a transfer win or a coach win. An Ironton or Burg win, because all the above is part of.

Return to “Football”