"But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

TriState_34

Re: "But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

Post by TriState_34 »

BobcatFuture1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:44 am Wheelersburg complaining about transfers .. that’s the laughing stock of a punchline that ends this conversation lol
You would think after just beating Ironton a few months ago it wouldn't be such a whining point for burg. And then all that "superior coaching" they keep telling everyone about. But yet here we are

1. Transfers
2. Game doesn't mean anything .
3 playoff rematch will be only one that matters

Anything but lets see who the better team is when they play. Sounds leary and timid. Read it. Write it down. Share it. Idc. It sounds weak.

art_vandelay
SE

Re: "But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

Post by art_vandelay »

If Ironton beats Burg in 2 weeks, I guarantee I’ll be here saying the better team won and transfers had nothing to do with it. But what will you be saying if Burg wins? If I recall correctly, you went full tilt on here after the Ironton playoff loss last year. 😂

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:38 am If Ironton beats Burg in 2 weeks, I guarantee I’ll be here saying the better team won and transfers had nothing to do with it. But what will you be saying if Burg wins? If I recall correctly, you went full tilt on here after the Ironton playoff loss last year. 😂
How can any team match up with Ironton? They already were bringing back their transfer RB and WR. They added two new wr transfers. And they get their QB and RB back from injury. The better team will win because of the increase talent. Denying it, is like saying mark McGwire, Barry bonds, and Sammy sosa just got better at swinging the bat.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:14 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:38 am If Ironton beats Burg in 2 weeks, I guarantee I’ll be here saying the better team won and transfers had nothing to do with it. But what will you be saying if Burg wins? If I recall correctly, you went full tilt on here after the Ironton playoff loss last year. 😂
How can any team match up with Ironton? They already were bringing back their transfer RB and WR. They added two new wr transfers. And they get their QB and RB back from injury. The better team will win because of the increase talent. Denying it, is like saying mark McGwire, Barry bonds, and Sammy sosa just got better at swinging the bat.

So when Burg was steamrolling everyone with Salyers, Holden , Mathews and company it was because they had superior talent and not anything to do with Woodward. Got it .

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:52 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:43 am
RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:29 pm

Not saying he’s a terrible coach. Think he did a really good job the first two years. Third year was going well until the horrible 38-0 loss in the title game; no excuse for Ironton losing that badly. The fourth year ended with the worst loss in Pendleton’s tenure. Ironton was by far the better team, and even had a 14-3 after Q1. This was simply awful.

So this year, Ironton has one of the most talented D5 teams ever assembled in Ohio. If this team doesn’t win it all, then the question becomes “what are the coaches doing wrong?”.

Big year for Ironton and Pendleton.

I felt same way when Johnstown blew out burg at Jackson in 2018. Burg was far the better team, was a tough loss for Woodward
I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one, the Johnnies were returning a ton of talent and Burg in 2018 had just lost all of those guys from the state championship team. Burg in no way shape or form was the better team going into that game and especially during it, outside of Mathews with the long TD, Burg simply didn't do anything offensively and the Johnnies ran all over them. The Johnnies that year played 3-DII schools and had 2 teams on their schedule that were 10 win teams including a DIII Granville team that put Jackson out of the playoffs and the Johnnies only lost to them by 1 score for the lone loss on the year until the state championship game.

Wheelersburg defense was woefully unprepared for that offense. Also took
very few shots downfield with Holden. Head scratcher for sure from the burg staff.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:34 am

So when Burg was steamrolling everyone with Salyers, Holden , Mathews and company it was because they had superior talent and not anything to do with Woodward. Got it .
Who would Salyers have a better shot at completing a pass to, you or Holden? Your point only solidifies what burg fans are saying about burg having better coaching. They won with the whole thing with their talent.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:57 am

Who would Salyers have a better shot at completing a pass to, you or Holden? Your point only solidifies what burg fans are saying about burg having better coaching. They won with the whole thing with their talent.
Exactly they won with their talent . Haven’t been close to a title since they graduated. 🤔

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:59 am

Exactly they won with their talent . Haven’t been close to a title since they graduated. 🤔
Exactly, they aren't getting them in like Ironton. It's a whole lot easier to win when you get help. Eventually you're going to out match your opponent.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:59 am

Exactly, they aren't getting them in like Ironton. It's a whole lot easier to win when you get help. Eventually you're going to out match your opponent.
[/quo
Agree it’s easier to win talent. No argument there.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

This thread is a joke!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

Burg grad 85
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

[quote=art_vandelay post_id=2006528
[quote=522Pirate post_id=2006525

“ Burg players and staff knew they had to get better after first Ironton game last year and they did, while Ironton got worse as the year went on.”

FINALLY, someone who can think outside of their ego & let common sense flow from their brain, to their fingertips, put the font down, & manage to demonstrate what was obvious.

As a fan, Of IronTon, but also one who tunes in to listen To Burg games hoping the best outcome for them to rep SEO FB.

BURG was peaking & IHS was adapting to an ever increasing exit of injured players & utilizing many back-ups to do their best, which they did.

It was of no surprise to me,Da BURG won this game & went on to hang around the next week against a very BIG & well coached team.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

522Pirate wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:37 am
TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:22 pm
522Pirate wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 pm If by “Burg base” you mean the 9 or 10 people, out of the town of 6,129, who post on here crying about transfers…sure. Those people will make that excuse…just like the “ironton base” on here is perpetuating the “it’s really hard to win state”….”unproven line” excuse for if they don’t win state. Personally, and I foster this outlook with my sons, I think you answer the bell, accept the challenge and work harder. Plus it makes it even sweeter when we beat them. Such as last year….in the playoffs 😉
You already know it's more than the 9 or 10 here that do it. lol All over social media and it'll be murmered in the bleachers on game night too.
The people around the program I know and talk to never mention it.
It’s the same 4-5 dorks on here that whine about it. It is what it is. You think all those Harvest Prep kids went to Harvest Prep Elementary and Middle?

Game in two weeks will be a banger. Game in November hopefully even better. I hope my boys come out on top, but if not I’ll be there again next August God willing.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

No excuses for ironton not to walk to a state title this year.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:55 pm
522Pirate wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:37 am
TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:22 pm

You already know it's more than the 9 or 10 here that do it. lol All over social media and it'll be murmered in the bleachers on game night too.
The people around the program I know and talk to never mention it.
It’s the same 4-5 dorks on here that whine about it. It is what it is. You think all those Harvest Prep kids went to Harvest Prep Elementary and Middle?

Game in two weeks will be a banger. Game in November hopefully even better. I hope my boys come out on top, but if not I’ll be there again next August God willing.
Absolutely…I’m excited for our kids to be playing in big games…it’s an outstanding opportunity. Much better stories come out of these games than ordinary games.

An excellent life lesson as well to those who feel the deck is stacked against them…welcome to life. Get to work and when the bell rings get up and go toe to toe!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

packers80 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:15 pm No excuses for ironton not to walk to a state title this year.
I wouldn’t overlook Coldwater

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:41 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:15 pm No excuses for ironton not to walk to a state title this year.

Good Call!
The farther away one lives the obvious becomes clear.

ColdWater, HarVest Prep, & Canfield South Range are ALL worthy of the big Hat…

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:48 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:41 pm

Good Call!
The farther away one lives the obvious becomes clear.

ColdWater, HarVest Prep, & Canfield South Range are ALL worthy of the big Hat…
Another good call. I forgot about south range. I’m not real familiar with harvest prep

6O HORN3TS 🐝
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:55 pm [quote=art_vandelay post_id=2006528
[quote=522Pirate post_id=2006525

“ Burg players and staff knew they had to get better after first Ironton game last year and they did, while Ironton got worse as the year went on.”

FINALLY, someone who can think outside of their ego & let common sense flow from their brain, to their fingertips, put the font down, & manage to demonstrate what was obvious.

As a fan, Of IronTon, but also one who tunes in to listen To Burg games hoping the best outcome for them to rep SEO FB.

BURG was peaking & IHS was adapting to an ever increasing exit of injured players & utilizing many back-ups to do their best, which they did.

It was of no surprise to me,Da BURG won this game & went on to hang around the next week against a very BIG & well coached team.
Ironton did not lose that game due to injuries. Plus, let’s not forget Burg was missing key players and struggling with injuries as well.

Ironton was up 14-3 after Q1 (they were down 7-0 after Q1 in the first game). Then, Ironton started passing the ball and stopped pounding Burg with the run game. They would have been better off not throwing a single pass the entire night. Hell, they could have taken a knee every offensive play, punted, and still won that game. Burg could barely move the ball.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Lifetime Ironton guy here with major respect for Burg’s coaching staff and their kids. They work hard, play hard, and coach hard. They, like Ironton, are great representatives of southern Ohio blue collar football. I’m looking forward to a fun, entertaining game. I hope the Fighting Tigers pull it off and Burg goes 9-1.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

I for 1 AM tired of hearing about transfers.. Like I have said before don't get on the this forum and start whining.. If You want to whine to someone go and whine to your coaches athletic director And school board ETC To have them do all they can do to make your program better so kids will want to transfer there. Stop beating the Dead Horse of Ironton transfers. Who cares. Coach Pendleton is using the tools available to any school in the state to make his program better.

Return to “Football”