Chillicothe Cavaliers 2022 Thoughts

Ohio1234
JV Team

Chillicothe Cavaliers 2022 Thoughts

Post by Ohio1234 »

A lot of excitement around Chillicothe football this summer
Here is my preview pertaining to the upcoming season.

Chillicothe looks to continue to be a solid force in the FAC and will once again meet Jackson week 10 for the league title but before then let’s break down the top players to look at for Chillicothe.

1. Tayvion Galloway the 6’5 230 rising Junior looks to show the state why he has garnered over 28 d1 offers and over half of those being power 5 recently committing to LSU. Galloway may be the most Physically gifted athlete in the area and has a work ethic to match putting on 20 pounds of muscle this off season, Galloway has the ability to take over the game on offense and defense I look for his junior season to be his coming out party.

2. Maxwell Lee, the 5’11 195 pound senior Captain and heartbeat of the team maxwell has put up some great numbers over the course of his career at Chillicothe as a linebacker he has recorded almost 200 tackles 90 plus coming in his junior campaign. He is also a physical runner between the tackles and will be chillicothe’s short yardage and goal line go to back to move the chains and get in the end zone. Maxwell just received his first D1 offer yesterday from Campbell University.

3. Quinlan Netter, Q is a freak athlete who I believe is the pound for pound Best Player on this Chillicothe team the 5’10 175 pound Athlete plays multiple positions Slot, RB, and Corner I look for Q to take over the game in all 3 phases for Chillicothe this season, There won’t be many kids that can catch him in open field, and He has received D1 offers as a Lockdown CB which is the position he will play at the next level.

4. Mason Doughty the 6’2 200 pound senior QB, has struggled with consistency over the past couple years a lot do to lack of development and offensive scheme with the last coaching staff. Doughty has all the physical skills rocket for an arm size and strength, not the most mobile but physical, his struggles come with Accuracy and pocket presence, he gets a bit overwhelmed. If doughty can stay calm and manage games this team can be special.

5. Shawn Smith this 6’0 170 pound sophomore running back has all the gifts size, speed, vision was unstoppable at the middle school level and was a major part in the regional Chillicothe 4 by 100 team. I look for smith to have a breakout season this year for the cavs.

Overall outlook, Chillicothe has the horses to make a run in region 11 but will they produce is the question. Tough non conference schedule with Teaysvalley, London, Westerville North, waverly, Logan. Then all roads lead to Jackson week 10.
Teaysvalley is coming off of a great season and has a couple studs and a freshman running back that is electric
Prediction (Toss up)

London is a well oiled machine and has consistently been in the playoffs in region 11
Prediction ( Loss)

Westerville North, lower end Division 1 occ program but the talent level and numbers alone will be a lot for Chillicothe to contend with
Prediction (Loss)

Waverly has been a solid d4 program but lost a lot of talent from last seasons team.
Prediction (Win)

Logan, historically a solid program but have struggled the past 5 or 6 years but even in their down years play Chillicothe very tough.
Prediction (Win)

Jackson, Jackson has been Chillicothe’s biggest threat since joining the FAC and top to bottom return a lot of studs beginning with Jacob Winters the Ohio Bobcat commit (I believe) If both teams stay healthy this game will be one of the best of the year in the area.
Prediction (Toss up)

I see this Chillicothe team being 8-2 or 7-3 and punching a ticket into the region 11 playoffs, should be an exciting year and hope all the athletes in the area stay healthy and enjoy those Friday night lights.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Chillicothe Cavaliers 2022 Thoughts

Post by greygoose »

I think you're probably spot on with the season outcome, I was thinking 7-3

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

I would take Chillicothe over London. London is well oiled but has lost alot of talent from the past 2 graduating classes. Could be a rebuild year for them

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

That's great that Max got an offer...I'm sure grandpa is pretty happy. Is Shawn the son of Shawn Smith that graduated in 1991?

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:18 pm That's great that Max got an offer...I'm sure grandpa is pretty happy. Is Shawn the son of Shawn Smith that graduated in 1991?
Yes that is his son he has twins that both play sophomores

Chilli/Bombers
Waterboy

Post by Chilli/Bombers »

No doubt the Cavs have a boat load of talent at the skill positions and I even think there Receivers are deep but just inexperienced. King, Willison and Lewis all with size and speed. However everyone knows the game of football is won in the trenches. I think this could be the question mark for this team. Only returning 2 starters on o-line with a lot of inexperienced players who have only played JV minutes. I say 7-3 at best, 6-4 would be reasonable and would likely still get them in the playoffs. Don’t count out WCH, this might be their best team and could make some noise in the FAC this season.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Oh, that's awesome! I played with Shawn in college...always thought a lot of him. I hope he's doing well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:30 pm Oh, that's awesome! I played with Shawn in college...always thought a lot of him. I hope he's doing well.
Humble brag 🤦🏻‍♂️

J/K lol

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Hearing a lot of positives about Chilly, I wasn't sure what to think coming in to this season but so far hearing good things.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Galloway is going to have to get tougher mentally for big time football, West Jeff was physical with him and it got to him and that was only in a 7 on 7.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Hearing good things too. They looked phenomenal in the scrimmages Saturday at McArthur. Jackson will have their hands full.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

Chillicothe Meet the Teams night was last night. Looked to be 70 kids in football jerseys. That's the largest roster I've seen in a while. Granted, I'm sure there's plenty that won't dress on Friday nights.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

GoIrish wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:19 am Chillicothe Meet the Teams night was last night. Looked to be 70 kids in football jerseys. That's the largest roster I've seen in a while. Granted, I'm sure there's plenty that won't dress on Friday nights.
70 kids wow , the program is really growing.

bengals05
Riding the Bench

Post by bengals05 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:01 am A lot of excitement around Chillicothe football this summer

Chillicothe looks to continue to be a solid force in the FAC and will once again meet Jackson week 10 for the league title but before then let’s break down the top players to look at for Chillicothe.

1. Tayvion Galloway the 6’5 230 rising Junior looks to show the state why he has garnered over 28 d1 offers and over half of those being power 5 recently committing to LSU. Galloway may be the most Physically gifted athlete in the area and has a work ethic to match putting on 20 pounds of muscle this off season, Galloway has the ability to take over the game on offense and defense I look for his junior season to be his coming out party.

2. Maxwell Lee, the 5’11 195 pound senior Captain and heartbeat of the team maxwell has put up some great numbers over the course of his career at Chillicothe as a linebacker he has recorded almost 200 tackles 90 plus coming in his junior campaign. He is also a physical runner between the tackles and will be chillicothe’s short yardage and goal line go to back to move the chains and get in the end zone. Maxwell just received his first D1 offer yesterday from Campbell University.

3. Quinlan Netter, Q is a freak athlete who I believe is the pound for pound Best Player on this Chillicothe team the 5’10 175 pound Athlete plays multiple positions Slot, RB, and Corner I look for Q to take over the game in all 3 phases for Chillicothe this season, There won’t be many kids that can catch him in open field, and He has received D1 offers as a Lockdown CB which is the position he will play at the next level.

4. Mason Doughty the 6’2 200 pound senior QB, has struggled with consistency over the past couple years a lot do to lack of development and offensive scheme with the last coaching staff. Doughty has all the physical skills rocket for an arm size and strength, not the most mobile but physical, his struggles come with Accuracy and pocket presence, he gets a bit overwhelmed. If doughty can stay calm and manage games this team can be special.

5. Shawn Smith this 6’0 170 pound sophomore running back has all the gifts size, speed, vision was unstoppable at the middle school level and was a major part in the regional Chillicothe 4 by 100 team. I look for smith to have a breakout season this year for the cavs.

Overall outlook, Chillicothe has the horses to make a run in region 11 but will they produce is the question. Tough non conference schedule with Teaysvalley, London, Westerville North, waverly, Logan. Then all roads lead to Jackson week 10.
Teaysvalley is coming off of a great season and has a couple studs and a freshman running back that is electric
Prediction (Toss up)

London is a well oiled machine and has consistently been in the playoffs in region 11
Prediction ( Loss)

Westerville North, lower end Division 1 occ program but the talent level and numbers alone will be a lot for Chillicothe to contend with
Prediction (Loss)

Waverly has been a solid d4 program but lost a lot of talent from last seasons team.
Prediction (Win)

Logan, historically a solid program but have struggled the past 5 or 6 years but even in their down years play Chillicothe very tough.
Prediction (Win)

Jackson, Jackson has been Chillicothe’s biggest threat since joining the FAC and top to bottom return a lot of studs beginning with Jacob Winters the Ohio Bobcat commit (I believe) If both teams stay healthy this game will be one of the best of the year in the area.
Prediction (Toss up)

I see this Chillicothe team being 8-2 or 7-3 and punching a ticket into the region 11 playoffs, should be an exciting year and hope all the athletes in the area stay healthy and enjoy those Friday night lights.
When has Galloway ever taken over a game? Didn't even dominate in SVC!! Whoever his agent is needs a raise because I don't get it!!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

bengals05 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:51 pm
Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:01 am A lot of excitement around Chillicothe football this summer

Prediction (Toss up)

Prediction ( Loss)

Prediction (Loss)

Prediction (Win)

Prediction (Win)

Prediction (Toss up)

When has Galloway ever taken over a game? Didn't even dominate in SVC!! Whoever his agent is needs a raise because I don't get it!!
You don't have to get it. You're not a scout at the highest level.
You know he went to Auburn this summer and was camp MVP for the TE's. They must be delusional right?

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:39 am
bengals05 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:51 pm

Prediction (Toss up)

Prediction ( Loss)

Prediction (Loss)

Prediction (Win)

Prediction (Win)

Prediction (Toss up)

You don't have to get it. You're not a scout at the highest level.
You know he went to Auburn this summer and was camp MVP for the TE's. They must be delusional right?
Agree, coaches and staff, people who know far more than us totally believe in him as a big time college football player. He might not live up to people's expectations or he might, either way he is going to play football in the SEC.
I understand though people wanting to see it on the field.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Saw the first half of the scrimmage tonight.
16-14 Chilly up at the half.
Chillicothe has a lot of athletes.
Players that stood out to me,
#44. Kid is a beast and he loves contact. He wants all the smoke.
#17 had a few nice plays on defense and big hits.
#12 the wideout, several nice catches a deep threat to take it to the house from anywhere.
#13 was in the mix about everywhere, have to say didn't stand out on offense but defense is always around the ball.
Several other athletes #16,#2, etc.
#8 QB1 made nice throws, capable with his feet.
Lines played well on both sides of the ball.
West Jefferson was a well coached team, smooth on offense, screen game is beast mode.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:41 pm Saw the first half of the scrimmage tonight.
16-14 Chilly up at the half.
Chillicothe has a lot of athletes.
Players that stood out to me,
#44. Kid is a beast and he loves contact. He wants all the smoke.
#17 had a few nice plays on defense and big hits.
#12 the wideout, several nice catches a deep threat to take it to the house from anywhere.
#13 was in the mix about everywhere, have to say didn't stand out on offense but defense is always around the ball.
Several other athletes #16,#2, etc.
#8 QB1 made nice throws, capable with his feet.
Lines played well on both sides of the ball.
West Jefferson was a well coached team, smooth on offense, screen game is beast mode.
Saw same thing , Chillicothe is legit . Definitely the front runner . Why scrimmage such a small school though?

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

I don't know but the match up was pretty even.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe looked solid tonight against a very good d5 team in west Jeff, Tre King #12 is going to be very good always had crazy athleticism but looks like he’s finally put it all together breakout season watch for him. Chilli didn’t show much on offense or defense but looks to be solid in all three phases loved them in the two minute offense to close the half 70 yards to punch it in the end zone. Didn’t see much of Galloway on offense dropped a beautiful deep ball in the end zone played well at linebacker though

Return to “Football”