2022 Junior High Scores and Standings

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2022 Junior High Scores and Standings

Post by Ironman92 »

Just read the last post (quote)

You don’t hold back a bunch of kids in 3rd grade because of grades….that gets done in kindergarten and 1st grade.

To each their own. I’m glad I was young in my class and can retire a year sooner here in some years. Had I been held back I probably still wouldn’t have played for the Reds.

lololbyebye
Waterboy

Post by lololbyebye »

ovcmom3 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:04 am
Rza1 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:46 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:07 am

That group of boys dominate at every sport. They are special

Wonder how they'd do against the grade they started in...? #earlyredshirt
Wonder how they’d do at the school they are all originally from!?
can always count on a rock hill fan being mad. :lol:

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Nobody is mad. It’s a real advantage ironton gains from doing those things. And if they feel it’s right to do that then to each their own

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

The Gallia and Ironton game in a few weeks should be a dandy

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

lololbyebye wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:48 am

RH will whine over anything

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:14 pm Just read the last post (quote)

You don’t hold back a bunch of kids in 3rd grade because of grades….that gets done in kindergarten and 1st grade.

To each their own. I’m glad I was young in my class and can retire a year sooner here in some years. Had I been held back I probably still wouldn’t have played for the Reds.
Could have been 1st or 2nd i said like 3rd grade as in around that year of school. No one cares if you graduated young.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

greygoose wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:50 am
BigSpoon wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:40 am
Rza1 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:19 am

Hmmm... well, I know of 2 starters off the top of my head that transferred to ironton.. an the only facts I was talkin about is the fact that there isn't one consequential player on that team that hasn't been held back... and my problem isn't with the redsirts..or the redshirting...I feel like you should give a kid all rhe advantages you can... in turn opening as many opportunities as possible..... the problem is with delusional people who act like it doesnt matter competively... that bein the oldest, most physically mature, best mustachioed player has no advantage... if not, then why do it...? I mean, sure, the driving when you're in 9th grade may be cool... but there really ain't too many advantages of bein a 20 year old h.s. senior... Lol.
Best move the parents could make for those kids and i think its 3 not 2. Two came a couple years ago and the other this year. Id say every team in the ovc has some hold backs. They will work harder at Ironton. Not everyone of them were held back, you can assume that. Its not true though. There can be a huge advantage in a years difference. All depends on what the kid does work wise and how much he grows.These kids would dominate as freshman either way. Most were held back in like 3rd grade because of grades, had nothing to do with sports. This group of boys dominated all sports thru LL. They play RH tomorrow at 6pm at Tanks memorial stadium.
Dang man just come across this, "MOST" were held back because of grades?? Sounds like to me the Ironton school system is failing a lot of these boys and maybe someone needs to step in and take a look at the academic problem that is going on. To imply a large amount have been held back and it was because of grades, I mean especially in 3rd grade?? I've got kids, nieces, nephews and coached for years and I can probably count on 3 fingers how many kids I know of being held back in 3rd grade because the grades didn't cut it. Not a good look for Ironton school system, heck I would've much rather you said, "yeah they got held back for sports", that I get and I understand.

Does it even matter? 😂😂 what about the kids who started kindergarten late etc. its always recruits or hold backs. Ever think your coaching just isn’t up to par? Ive never heard so many excuses in my life from parents who send their kids to schools that have a crappy program! RH held back their entire LL team a few years ago and they were going to be the “ones” I think those boys are sophomores or juniors now. Fairland did the same thing and they actually beat RH that 6th grade year in the superbowl. Both those teams dominated that year.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:19 pm
Little buck wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:15 pm

Dang man just come across this, "MOST" were held back because of grades?? Sounds like to me the Ironton school system is failing a lot of these boys and maybe someone needs to step in and take a look at the academic problem that is going on. To imply a large amount have been held back and it was because of grades, I mean especially in 3rd grade?? I've got kids, nieces, nephews and coached for years and I can probably count on 3 fingers how many kids I know of being held back in 3rd grade because the grades didn't cut it. Not a good look for Ironton school system, heck I would've much rather you said, "yeah they got held back for sports", that I get and I understand.
Could of been that silly 3rd grade reading proficiency test the kids were taking and if they didn’t pass it they got held back. 3rd grade guarantee reading test. I guess it’s still being done.
Uh hu, I noticed the person saying and defending didn’t say anything tells me all I need to know.
If it isn’t recruits it’s holdbacks
If it isn’t hold backs what is it?
All i know is Ironton is dominating from 8th grade up! I know you haters really hate that!

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

lololbyebye wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:48 am

Isnt it amazing? 😂😂😂

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigSpoon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:55 am
BigSpoon wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:40 am

Best move the parents could make for those kids and i think its 3 not 2. Two came a couple years ago and the other this year. Id say every team in the ovc has some hold backs. They will work harder at Ironton. Not everyone of them were held back, you can assume that. Its not true though. There can be a huge advantage in a years difference. All depends on what the kid does work wise and how much he grows.These kids would dominate as freshman either way. Most were held back in like 3rd grade because of grades, had nothing to do with sports. This group of boys dominated all sports thru LL. They play RH tomorrow at 6pm at Tanks memorial stadium.

Does it even matter? 😂😂 what about the kids who started kindergarten late etc. its always recruits or hold backs. Ever think your coaching just isn’t up to par? Ive never heard so many excuses in my life from parents who send their kids to schools that have a crappy program! RH held back their entire LL team a few years ago and they were going to be the “ones” I think those boys are sophomores or juniors now. Fairland did the same thing and they actually beat RH that 6th grade year in the superbowl. Both those teams dominated that year.
Dude seriously what are you talking about?? Like you went off on some tangent not even relevant to what you were talking about, talking about excuses and stuff, there's no where in my post talking about excuses or anything to the subject. It's like you essentially got called out for saying all of these kids got held back because of the lack of education provided and tried to turn that around into, well honestly I have no idea where you're going with it. I mean I'm sticking to what you said I literally said nothing about ANYTHING you're trying to divert to, I simply said if the system is failing so many kids maybe it needs to be looked at. Now however you twist that around in your head is on you, but you are the one that said they were all held back because of grades in 3rd grade, :roll:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigSpoon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:48 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:19 pm
Little buck wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:15 pm
Could of been that silly 3rd grade reading proficiency test the kids were taking and if they didn’t pass it they got held back. 3rd grade guarantee reading test. I guess it’s still being done.
Uh hu, I noticed the person saying and defending didn’t say anything tells me all I need to know.
If it isn’t recruits it’s holdbacks
If it isn’t hold backs what is it?
All i know is Ironton is dominating from 8th grade up! I know you haters really hate that!
Again yet another irrelevant post to my comment, dude I could honestly give 2 craps about Ironton and you can figure that out by going back and looking at my post. I simply commented on how you mentioned all those kids getting held back in 3rd because of grades as an administration I would have to look it that and see exactly where we were failing our student. I don't care about recruits and I don't care about holdbacks, the entire premise of my comment was SOLELY based on your statement of them being held back because of grades. Spin it however you want, believe however you want in your mind, simple facts are I stuck to what YOU said, you can handle the reality of that or make up crap makes no difference to me your words on the ones left on the screen stating the exact reasoning.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

greygoose wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:41 am

Dude seriously what are you talking about?? Like you went off on some tangent not even relevant to what you were talking about, talking about excuses and stuff, there's no where in my post talking about excuses or anything to the subject. It's like you essentially got called out for saying all of these kids got held back because of the lack of education provided and tried to turn that around into, well honestly I have no idea where you're going with it. I mean I'm sticking to what you said I literally said nothing about ANYTHING you're trying to divert to, I simply said if the system is failing so many kids maybe it needs to be looked at. Now however you twist that around in your head is on you, but you are the one that said they were all held back because of grades in 3rd grade, :roll:
Just say you’re mad these kids are just that good

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigSpoon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:01 am

I am?? What am I feeling now?? Kind of what I thought not mad at all, why would I be?? Have not a dog in the fight but you keep avoiding the real topic at hand, and how they all got held back because of grades. Keep avoiding your school system problems and how apparently it's failing your kids, I mean you said it. You said all those kids were held back because of grades, I'm just glad apparently you're more worried about how they play than their grades.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:49 am

I am?? What am I feeling now?? Kind of what I thought not mad at all, why would I be?? Have not a dog in the fight but you keep avoiding the real topic at hand, and how they all got held back because of grades. Keep avoiding your school system problems and how apparently it's failing your kids, I mean you said it. You said all those kids were held back because of grades, I'm just glad apparently you're more worried about how they play than their grades.

I apologize guys for torpedoing good topic.... but it pretty much epitomizes the problem that people have with some tiger fans/parents... but I'm dealing in facts.. an spoons defensive rambling responses belong In the same file as "...I know ya are but what sm i...I...?" And "...oh yea...well you're ugly..." lol. The facts are that that whole class of kids you're bragging about are held back... and that's fine.. but it does make a difference...and there's more than a few of em that transferred in... and it's the same situation in the grade above them...an the one above them... no matter what you say about other schools an coaches an kids doesn't change any of that... jus own it.. you're within the rules... theyre allowed to play until their 20th birthday now.. all of em should be fine...lol

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

And let's get back to some scores an standings... lol.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Isn't this thread supposed to be about junior high scores and standings etc... smdh

Burg grad 85
BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

[/quote

😂😂😂😂 you are a clown

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Rza1 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:00 am

I apologize guys for torpedoing good topic.... but it pretty much epitomizes the problem that people have with some tiger fans/parents... but I'm dealing in facts.. an spoons defensive rambling responses belong In the same file as "...I know ya are but what sm i...I...?" And "...oh yea...well you're ugly..." lol. The facts are that that whole class of kids you're bragging about are held back... and that's fine.. but it does make a difference...and there's more than a few of em that transferred in... and it's the same situation in the grade above them...an the one above them... no matter what you say about other schools an coaches an kids doesn't change any of that... jus own it.. you're within the rules... theyre allowed to play until their 20th birthday now.. all of em should be fine...lol
Looks like that Ironton school system is doing well for kids huh? Keep taking your shots when you can though! 😂😂😂

cavsfuhball
Riding the Bench

Post by cavsfuhball »

Chillicothe vs Greenfield 9/21

7th Grade
Chillicothe 34
Greenfield 12

8th Grade
Chillicothe 48
Greenfield 6

sparksgl1