Newark Catholic 45 Nelsonville-York 0 2022

NY BUCK
All State

Newark Catholic 45 Nelsonville-York 0 2022

Post by NY BUCK »

This is going to be a tall task for the Buckeyes.

I think after this one they have a shot to win out.. hope we get out of this injury free.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Wk 2: Nelsonville-York (1-0) @ Newark Catholic

Post by mattash »

love this matchup

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Ny line needs to play a lot better and give the backs time to get started down field if the line comes together this could be a good game will be listening in from Myrtle Beach !!!
Go Buckeyes!!!

Run baby run
Freshman Team

Post by Run baby run »

I'm not sure the line will be able to pull it together enough to pull this one out.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Green wave by a lot

Lakers23
Riding the Bench

Post by Lakers23 »

I see a running clock,NY isn’t very good and I thought they would be better.Ya they beat a young Trimble team but they struggled to do that .

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

This thread’s title actually did age well.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

NY is not bad lol. First game of the season in a rival game. Defense played great and will cause havoc in league play. They are an online away from being really good. I am not sure why everybody is down on them. They will lose by 3 touchdowns I would say Friday night and then be fine. To the person who committed about NY not caring about the weight room or Rusty not caring about it, NY is putting in a brand new weight room as we speak and the kids have been in it all summer. Also rumors of a field house coming in 2024.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:23 pm This thread’s title actually did age well.
Can’t play football in the rain :lol:

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Good luck to NY from over the hill!

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Any word if Newark Catholic will make up the game vs. Ready later in the season?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

carbon_dated wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:42 pm Any word if Newark Catholic will make up the game vs. Ready later in the season?
The game will not be made up.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:12 am NY is not bad lol. First game of the season in a rival game. Defense played great and will cause havoc in league play. They are an online away from being really good. I am not sure why everybody is down on them. They will lose by 3 touchdowns I would say Friday night and then be fine. To the person who committed about NY not caring about the weight room or Rusty not caring about it, NY is putting in a brand new weight room as we speak and the kids have been in it all summer. Also rumors of a field house coming in 2024.
Let’s be honest, our league is as bad as it has been for a long time. To say that NY will cause havoc in league play is laughable. I think we have a chance to win the league and I also think VC may have a chance. I watched the NY/Trimble game on replay and both of those teams need a lot of work.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:58 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:12 am NY is not bad lol. First game of the season in a rival game. Defense played great and will cause havoc in league play. They are an online away from being really good. I am not sure why everybody is down on them. They will lose by 3 touchdowns I would say Friday night and then be fine. To the person who committed about NY not caring about the weight room or Rusty not caring about it, NY is putting in a brand new weight room as we speak and the kids have been in it all summer. Also rumors of a field house coming in 2024.
Let’s be honest, our league is as bad as it has been for a long time. To say that NY will cause havoc in league play is laughable. I think we have a chance to win the league and I also think VC may have a chance. I watched the NY/Trimble game on replay and both of those teams need a lot of work.
Did you watch the Athens game? Athens is really bad. Nelsonville will win the Ohio division without much trouble unless VC steps up. But no one else will even challenge them.

Run baby run
Freshman Team

Post by Run baby run »

If the line shows a little improvement NC by 14. If not NC by 28

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Rooting for fellow TVC member NY to get the upset win.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Saw this on an Ironton thread and thought maybe a coach at a certain area school might want to brush up on it before anything gets out of hand.

OHSAA Bylaws:

4-9-2 For purposes of this Bylaw Section 9, the term “recruit” shall mean the use of influence by any person connected or not connected with the school to secure the enrollment of a prospective student-athlete for athletic purposes.

4-9-4:
Forms of recruiting that are prohibited by this bylaw include but are not limited to:

3) — Any coach or group of coaches having ANY CONTACT WITH PROSPECTIVE STUDENT-ATHLETES, except as permitted in Bylaw 4-9-3, who are not PRESENTLY enrolled in the school’s educational program, or their parents/non-interscholastic coach, PRIOR TO 1) the student’s application fee being submitted to the school (for tuition based schools) or 2) the school accepting the student’s application for enrollment (for non-tuition based schools). Outside the context of a meeting during an open house/information session/shadow day, a coach is NOT PERMITTED to have communication with a prospective student-athlete about athletics.

4) — ANY individual associated with a school, including team members, attempting to use electronic communication or a SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM(s) to communicate with a prospective student-athlete about athletics prior to 1) the student’s application fee being submitted to the school (for tuition based schools) or 2) the school accepting the student’s BYLAWS 54 application for enrollment (for non-tuition based schools).

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Gray Cat wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:09 pm Saw this on an Ironton thread and thought maybe a coach at a certain area school might want to brush up on it before anything gets out of hand.

OHSAA Bylaws:

4-9-2 For purposes of this Bylaw Section 9, the term “recruit” shall mean the use of influence by any person connected or not connected with the school to secure the enrollment of a prospective student-athlete for athletic purposes.

4-9-4:
Forms of recruiting that are prohibited by this bylaw include but are not limited to:

3) — Any coach or group of coaches having ANY CONTACT WITH PROSPECTIVE STUDENT-ATHLETES, except as permitted in Bylaw 4-9-3, who are not PRESENTLY enrolled in the school’s educational program, or their parents/non-interscholastic coach, PRIOR TO 1) the student’s application fee being submitted to the school (for tuition based schools) or 2) the school accepting the student’s application for enrollment (for non-tuition based schools). Outside the context of a meeting during an open house/information session/shadow day, a coach is NOT PERMITTED to have communication with a prospective student-athlete about athletics.

4) — ANY individual associated with a school, including team members, attempting to use electronic communication or a SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM(s) to communicate with a prospective student-athlete about athletics prior to 1) the student’s application fee being submitted to the school (for tuition based schools) or 2) the school accepting the student’s BYLAWS 54 application for enrollment (for non-tuition based schools).
Not sure what’s being insinuated here?

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Looks like the person is saying NY/NC might be recruiting.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Game day! Game will be on 107.7 for those who can not make the trip.

Go Bucks!

Return to “Football”