Varsity

Meigs 50 Belpre 0 2022

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Thoughts?

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Re: Week 2: Meigs @ Belpre

Post by MarauderMadness »

The sweet smell of a marauder victory will fill marauder valley about midnight on Friday. Now that that these boys are getting healthy and they have another week in their secret offense, i expect a repeat of the offensive fireworks we saw in this game last year.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Well we got screwed against GA. They didn't run the stuff that we thought they were going to. They tricked us. That won't happen this week because Belpre's coach played D1 also and we have a connection with that. I told our boys to have fun with it this week and we might break some more records. Our goal is to score more than Warren did so we can show that we have the best offense in the area. It's all starting to come together now and the monsters we built in the weight room will be dominate.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

You won't need a secret offense, run the ball up the middle and you'll be back in Pomeroy at Court Grill by the end of the 1st quarter. Would be surprised if Belpre scored.

Go Blue
*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Whs95fan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:55 am You won't need a secret offense, run the ball up the middle and you'll be back in Pomeroy at Court Grill by the end of the 1st quarter. Would be surprised if Belpre scored.
I like that coach so we might let them score. Bur our guys are angry about what happened against GA so I don't know. But Belpre coach played D1 too so we'll be good to him. I hope they keep him around for a long time. Give him a chance and he'll get them having fun with it.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

*D1* wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:59 am
Whs95fan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:55 am You won't need a secret offense, run the ball up the middle and you'll be back in Pomeroy at Court Grill by the end of the 1st quarter. Would be surprised if Belpre scored.
I like that coach so we might let them score. Bur our guys are angry about what happened against GA so I don't know. But Belpre coach played D1 too so we'll be good to him. I hope they keep him around for a long time. Give him a chance and he'll get them having fun with it.
The real question is, will this be your only win this season? I find it interesting that two of the worst teams in each of the TVC Divisions are both coached by former "D1" players. Just shows that being "D1" means nothing as far as becoming a coach. :o

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Would not made any difference who was the coach last Friday GAHS out played Meigs in all areas of the game. I don't know if GAHS was that quick or Meigs was that slooooooooooooooow

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

MEIGS

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

itsme wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:03 pm Would not made any difference who was the coach last Friday GAHS out played Meigs in all areas of the game. I don't know if GAHS was that quick or Meigs was that slooooooooooooooow
Meigs players aren't slow, they have tons of speed but their head coach is Sloooooooooooow if you understand what i'm saying. You Can't hand the ball off straight up the middle to an 130 pound running back who runs a 4.5 40 yard dash fifty times a game, He's gotta learn to air the ball out and trust his quarter back/receivers. You also can't change the corner backs and safeties assignments every 5 seconds of the game causing them to get confused.

yes gallia ran the ball well but anyone who watched the game can say that meigs corners were getting crossed all night long which is what killed the marauders, meigs straight up needs a new head coach as simple as that, anyone who has been watching since tennant took the helm can tell you that.

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

Meigs picks up the win here.

Run baby run
Freshman Team

Post by Run baby run »

Meigs by 21

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:32 am
itsme wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:03 pm Would not made any difference who was the coach last Friday GAHS out played Meigs in all areas of the game. I don't know if GAHS was that quick or Meigs was that slooooooooooooooow
Meigs players aren't slow, they have tons of speed but their head coach is Sloooooooooooow if you understand what i'm saying. You Can't hand the ball off straight up the middle to an 130 pound running back who runs a 4.5 40 yard dash fifty times a game, He's gotta learn to air the ball out and trust his quarter back/receivers. You also can't change the corner backs and safeties assignments every 5 seconds of the game causing them to get confused.

yes gallia ran the ball well but anyone who watched the game can say that meigs corners were getting crossed all night long which is what killed the marauders, meigs straight up needs a new head coach as simple as that, anyone who has been watching since tennant took the helm can tell you that.
But didn't that guy play D1? I mean, I know it's not the NFL but doesn't playing D1 automatically make him a great high school coach? :o

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

When you need your corners to make tackles on running plays up the middle, your line and linebackers not during their jobs or maybe they are sloooooow

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Gray Cat wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:19 pm

But didn't that guy play D1? I mean, I know it's not the NFL but doesn't playing D1 automatically make him a great high school coach? :o
NFL never

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Meigs is bad but Belpre is all-time terrible. Meigs will be made to look good in this one and will win by at least 4-5 scores. Could be their only win.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Belpre is beyond horrible. Not even Tennant could screw a team up so badly that they could lose to Belpre. Yes the team would be better off if he missed the bus to the game, but even with him there they can name the score. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

itsme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:59 pm

When you need your corners to make tackles on running plays up the middle, your line and linebackers not during their jobs or maybe they are sloooooow
They didn't need the corners to make the tackles had gallia been called for all the holds they had on the linemen and outside linebackers. Out side line backers both did their jobs which is work the outside and make the runner cut up field towards the middle, the outsider linebackers just couldn't the tackles because they were being held all night long

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:44 pm
itsme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:59 pm

They didn't need the corners to make the tackles had gallia been called for all the holds they had on the linemen and outside linebackers. Out side line backers both did their jobs which is work the outside and make the runner cut up field towards the middle, the outsider linebackers just couldn't the tackles because they were being held all night long
We always taught our players to fight through holds. Of course when you get out coached you make excuses about being "held all night long." And when you get outplayed and out hustled as a player you complain about getting "held all night long." Maybe they ARE slow, and they couldn't make the plays due to being too slow? Or, maybe Tennant is so bad of a coach that they weren't coached up enough to know how to make the plays. Probably a combination of the above.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

OMG just saw this! This man is something else...wow
https://www.wtap.com/video/2022/08/20/w ... te-belpre/

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Meigs will be heavily favored against Belpre. However, our boys will show up and give it their best shot as they did vs Warren and I plan on being there to root them on.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Return to “Football”