Spring Valley (WV) 42 - 31 Portsmouth 2022

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Spring Valley (WV) 42 - 31 Portsmouth 2022

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Portsmouth coming off to simply put it and a$$ whooping against Portsmouth West will travel to Huntington to take on Spring Valley. I think this game will likely be another bad game for the Trojans. SV are equivalent to a D3 Ohio school. They are coming off a nice comeback win over Huntington High. SV has a QB named Fouch who can run and throw it.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Re: Week 3:Portsmouth 1-1 @ Spring Valley WV 1-0

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Sv 35-14

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Portsmouth has to start to learn how to be physical in the trenches. Too much athleticism is being wasted.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Tough matchup

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth does not have a bunch of athletes on this team , they have a handful but not a lot.

Not big and strong at all , we will play at least 3 maybe 4 more teams as good or better then west ,a winning record is not looking good , maybe not even 500 .

Still love my Trojans but just being honest.

Don't know anything about SV except what I read and it's going to be another up hill battle from what I'm reading.

GO TROJANS!!

MeanJoeGreene
Riding the Bench

Post by MeanJoeGreene »

If Portsmouth plays the rest of the year like they played last night, they will be lucky to win 2 more games.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Spring Valley has an enrollment of over 1,000 students. I believe that would make them equivalent to a D1 in Ohio.

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:25 pm Portsmouth coming off to simply put it and a$$ whooping against Portsmouth West will travel to Huntington to take on Spring Valley. I think this game will likely be another bad game for the Trojans. SV are equivalent to a D3 Ohio school. They are coming off a nice comeback win over Huntington High. SV has a QB named Fouch who can run and throw it.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I love their coach and what he’s done with the program just question scheduling this game lol. I would rather have burg then them

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

dime-a-dozen wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:01 pm Spring Valley has an enrollment of over 1,000 students. I believe that would make them equivalent to a D1 in Ohio.

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:25 pm Portsmouth coming off to simply put it and a$$ whooping against Portsmouth West will travel to Huntington to take on Spring Valley. I think this game will likely be another bad game for the Trojans. SV are equivalent to a D3 Ohio school. They are coming off a nice comeback win over Huntington High. SV has a QB named Fouch who can run and throw it.
Oh okay, I was just going off of what Joe Eitel had listed on his site.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tough game for the Trojans, props for scheduling them though.

thebestever1
Waterboy

Post by thebestever1 »

Hard game coming up for Portsmouth. Haven’t heard much about SV besides they have a lot of players and they’re a really big and physical school. Defense needs to sharpen up somethings, especially the D-line and secondary. Get rid of the costly and unnecessary penalties, play within themselves and don’t lose their heads after something doesn’t go their way and I think PHS could sneak away with a win. Tyler Duncan didn’t look the best which was different coming from him. Hard to make plays with no support from the O-line, but his reads just looked way off against West. Hopefully Portsmouth can bounce back and win this one before starting conference play.

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:40 pm
dime-a-dozen wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:01 pm Spring Valley has an enrollment of over 1,000 students. I believe that would make them equivalent to a D1 in Ohio.

Oh okay, I was just going off of what Joe Eitel had listed on his site.
They're D2 same as Johnson central who Ironton plays 528 boys would make them D2 in ohio

*MrFirstTake*
MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

They did just beat Huntington high who is D1 and have several kids with D1 offers/interest on the team

*MrFirstTake*
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Going to make the trip to support the Trojans, but my expectations aren’t very high. This team seems like they are light years ahead of Portsmouth. Their QB is the real deal. They have a LB who also I hear is a stud. The Trojans secondary better get ready because my guess is they’ll be attacked early and often. I get scheduling up, but I’m not sure this really made a ton of sense for Portsmouth.

Who Dey!
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

This SV team is good !!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth fan here that works in Huntington. All I hear about is spring valley. They are usually really good and make deep playoff runs even made it to state a few times but martinsburg kills whoever they play in the state. I’m excited for this game but think the wolves are too much and I agree Portsmouth is not physical at all. Most of our offense looked like they were bracing to take a hit and missing the ball. Everything was horrible vs west. Trojans will win peake, south point, probably rock hill but the others are a toss up. Spring valley is real grass, advantage spring valley as well. I think they win by 14 or more but I hope Trojans come out on top but that west game exposed us and we looked awful.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Butt thrashing!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Tall order for PHS but nads for scheduling them.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

SV

No joke

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Spring Valley has a legitimate shot at a state title in WV. This is a bad, bad game for Portsmouth. I have zero clue why you wouldn’t renew Wheelersburg but will go outta your way to travel further, have less gate, and take an even bigger butt whooping.

Spring Valley is big and physical. Portsmouth has a slight speed advantage but I honestly can’t see this game being within 30.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Football”