Belpre football

UncleRico05
Waterboy

Re: Belpre football

Post by UncleRico05 »

chrishilton91 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:16 pm And NEVER had a winning record.
His offense finished 12-2 last year at River Local. If the kids accept what he teaches, they’ll have a successful season.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

chrishilton91 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:16 pm And NEVER had a winning record.
Not true according to what he reportedly told the players because he had winning records at Fort Frye the past few years.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Interesting to see Schaad and Proctor joining Welsh's staff. Wouldn't be surprising to see more Warren coaches join down the road, as Peyton has cleaned house at Warren.

Is it true numbers are way up so far during off-season workouts?

I've heard there is some young talent coming up the next few years. Any truth to that?

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:41 am Interesting to see Schaad and Proctor joining Welsh's staff. Wouldn't be surprising to see more Warren coaches join down the road, as Peyton has cleaned house at Warren.

Is it true numbers are way up so far during off-season workouts?

I've heard there is some young talent coming up the next few years. Any truth to that?
I’ve heard numbers are way up and that Welch is strategically targeting coaches from some of the opposing teams, especially Warren and Fort Frye.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

The numbers are up and more kids getting excited to play. As of last I heard 32 kids so far 9-12. Also the same with Jr. High numbers are up but lacking some 8th grade 18 incoming 7th graders according to last report.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

96Champ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:55 pm The numbers are up and more kids getting excited to play. As of last I heard 32 kids so far 9-12. Also the same with Jr. High numbers are up but lacking some 8th grade 18 incoming 7th graders according to last report.
I’ve heard everything from lower 30’s to as high as lower 50’s for number of players so I’d guess it’s probably somewhere in the middle like 42 or so. That’s phenomenal if you think about it. Also heard dozens of good players from other schools coming in so there are most likely at least some new faces. Throw in the fact that Trimble is down as far as they’ve been since the Hocking was formed and it’s a wide open league. With no dominant team Belpre could actually take control IF the coach is as good as he says he is. But if he’s just full of BS like most on here say it will be the same ole other than having better numbers for a year.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Wow. 42 kids out!? with those kind of numbers anything less than a hocking title would be a disappointment.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I heard 45 signed up but that probably means 30-35 stick

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Be nice if the young men pushed each other and they all stay with the team.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:57 pm I heard 45 signed up but that probably means 30-35 stick
“Best” coaching staff in the area with “45 players” spells doom for the opposing teams. Look out TVC and SEO. Go Eagles! :mrgreen:

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:57 pm I heard 45 signed up but that probably means 30-35 stick
I haven't heard any numbers but I would agree with you that IF 45 signed up then, hopefully, 30 - 35 will stick.

I would take that 30 -35 as a HUGE step over last year when we dressed 14 players, 16 the year before.

The key this year is to get the boys out, be competitive and pick up a few wins to build for the next season.

This is a major program rebuild and it will take time.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Vanlue
Millersport
Manchester
Beallsville
New Miami
Hillcrest Academy
Some teams I think they should try and schedule whenever possible.

Sbaxter11
Waterboy

Post by Sbaxter11 »

96Champ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:55 pm The numbers are up and more kids getting excited to play. As of last I heard 32 kids so far 9-12. Also the same with Jr. High numbers are up but lacking some 8th grade 18 incoming 7th graders according to last report.
I got a son on the Jr high, as of right now they have 11 kids. Not sure on high school numbers but there about 10 who show up everyday to weight lifting, we also know most kids are lazy and don’t put in the off season work so the numbers could be as high as you’ve heard, I’d love to see that. But as of right now 11 for jr high. Some very very high talent in the 7th grade boys. I only know of 1 8th grade boy but also heard there was going to be more, coaches seem to be very involved and that’s good to see,

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Drove by the HS Tuesday and I counted appox 30 players. Kind of hard to get an accurate count since they were running drills but they do have enough to run full 11 on 11 drills.

This is a huge improvement over the 16 players 2 years ago and the 14 from last year. Both years, due to injuries, we only fielded 10 players on certain plays.

Hopefully, they will gain another 5 or so players as kids come back from vacation etc.

This is a major program rebuild but this is a great start.

Good luck and good health to our players.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

BJCassady wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:06 pm Drove by the HS Tuesday and I counted appox 30 players. Kind of hard to get an accurate count since they were running drills but they do have enough to run full 11 on 11 drills.

This is a huge improvement over the 16 players 2 years ago and the 14 from last year. Both years, due to injuries, we only fielded 10 players on certain plays.

Hopefully, they will gain another 5 or so players as kids come back from vacation etc.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
It’s rumored that a few of those players are from Warren and a few more from across the river. Looks like Welcher has been hitting the transfer market pretty hard. :mrgreen:

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

I have no idea who the players are or where they played last year, if at all.

30 may be a little high since they were running drills and it is hard to get a good count. Also, I don't know if there were any jr high players participating in the drills. This may have been a football camp for all I know but I was counting helmets.

Again, this is a major rebuild. Hopefully, they will have enough 9 - 12 graders to have full 11 on 11 drills and it would be nice for that to happen for the jr high team but that may be a stretch.

Regardless of the numbers, we will be improved from last year.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:17 pm
BJCassady wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:06 pm Drove by the HS Tuesday and I counted appox 30 players. Kind of hard to get an accurate count since they were running drills but they do have enough to run full 11 on 11 drills.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
It’s rumored that a few of those players are from Warren and a few more from across the river. Looks like Welcher has been hitting the transfer market pretty hard. :mrgreen:
Belpre doesn’t have any players from Warren or across the river. So you’re hearing just that.. “rumors”.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Who is Belpre scrimmaging?

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

Belpre @ Warren?

Will this be a game or will Warren win going away again?

A lot of uncertainty with the program at Warren as of late will that be enough to keep the eagles in it.

Also A lot of good things coming out of belpre but does that mean they can compete?

Interesting to see how this plays out.

It’d be good for the little guys to get a W to start the welsh era.

Thoughts??

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Belpre scrimmaging at Beallsville tomorrow, but unsure of time. May have to call the high school office and ask for Beth.

Welsch i'm sure got some good advice last season on coach Flannery's staff at River. Anything's better at Belpre than what coached them in '22.

Return to “Football”