Belpre football

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre football

Post by rockcoach »

Welch actually coached at Fort Frye for 4 years. 2018-2021.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

To have a 5-15 coach claim he is the reason for Fort Frye’s success is laughable. That is Jimmy Bell’esk. Sounds like they have another self promoter in town. Just what they need to continue on the same path.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

I bet Welch doesn’t score against Trimble this year. Phil is going to welcome him to the TVC Hocking with a good old fashioned brake beater.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Coach is a solid guy. He is quiet and not a brag kinda guy. I know that the FF head coach feels he was a tremendous addition to the staff. Be positive, work hard, turn the program. He needs everyone to support the team.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Tiger73 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:00 pm Coach is a solid guy. He is quiet and not a brag kinda guy. I know that the FF head coach feels he was a tremendous addition to the staff. Be positive, work hard, turn the program. He needs everyone to support the team.
Thanks for your unbiased opinion lol. I’m sure you and Welsh have a lot to talk about at the senior citizen building. Glad someone from Marietta has so much to say about a town he has nothing to do with.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

He has to say stuff like that to get more kids to play I don’t blame him.

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

Tiger73 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:00 pm Coach is a solid guy. He is quiet and not a brag kinda guy. I know that the FF head coach feels he was a tremendous addition to the staff. Be positive, work hard, turn the program. He needs everyone to support the team.
Can’t wait until he comes back to East Shade River Stadium and gets his arse stomped after the way he left Eastern and the state he left the program in. I

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

on the black wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:49 pm
Can’t wait until he comes back to East Shade River Stadium and gets his arse stomped after the way he left Eastern and the state he left the program in. I
He’s going to get some well deserved asstompings for sure. We can’t wait.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:44 pm
on the black wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:49 pm
He’s going to get some well deserved asstompings for sure. We can’t wait.
First thing he did was duck us so give him one for us too.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Every program that wins has parents and fans that line up with and behind the Coach. Coaches really need you.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Tiger73 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:32 am Every program that wins has parents and fans that line up with and behind the Coach. Coaches really need you.
Lol what are rambling about now Bob?! Do you just have a thought pop in ur head and then post it lol

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

The only thing that is a bigger joke than this thread is the athletic program at Berple. (Spelled wrong on purpose. Kinda describes the school.) this thread and the school itself talks a ot of gas and doesnt deliver on any of it. Ho hum. More of the same coming your way soon. This new coach will wear out and we will be reading about some new coach in a few short years.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Baldeagle wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:33 pm The only thing that is a bigger joke than this thread is the athletic program at Berple. (Spelled wrong on purpose. Kinda describes the school.) this thread and the school itself talks a ot of gas and doesnt deliver on any of it. Ho hum. More of the same coming your way soon. This new coach will wear out and we will be reading about some new coach in a few short years.
Agreed sir! My prediction is that the levy will not pass again. Then the superintendent will go to Columbus like he said he wants to do. The AD (who didn't even know where the softball field was) has been hired as the principal for next year. So, once again we will be stuck with a new super, new high school principal and new Asst. Principal/AD that has no knowledge of when Belpre was an outstanding school district (academically and athletically). The new (who is in is late 60s) football coach won't last long.

Still haven't hired a girls basketball coach (and was just posted on OHSAA) until the new principal hires another Warren person to be AD to hire another Warren coach. This is not the town or school district I grew up in. It is a shame one board member controls everything and the others allow him to do it and not speak up.

I know several Belpre graduates who have applied for administrative, teaching and coaching positions to not even get an interview. Yet people who are not qualified, or even have the proper license, are hired . I voted for every levy in the past but cannot this time. And before BJ jumps on here and says it has nothing to do with, I disagree. If the district cannot make timely and sound personnel decisions, why would I think they can make sound fiscal decisions. My kids are third generation Belpre students but it is time to sell my home and burn my orange and black clothes. My kids deserve a better school district and better future.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

chrishilton91 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:01 pm
Baldeagle wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:33 pm The only thing that is a bigger joke than this thread is the athletic program at Berple. (Spelled wrong on purpose. Kinda describes the school.) this thread and the school itself talks a ot of gas and doesnt deliver on any of it. Ho hum. More of the same coming your way soon. This new coach will wear out and we will be reading about some new coach in a few short years.
Agreed sir! My prediction is that the levy will not pass again. Then the superintendent will go to Columbus like he said he wants to do. The AD (who didn't even know where the softball field was) has been hired as the principal for next year. So, once again we will be stuck with a new super, new high school principal and new Asst. Principal/AD that has no knowledge of when Belpre was an outstanding school district (academically and athletically). The new (who is in is late 60s) football coach won't last long.

Still haven't hired a girls basketball coach (and was just posted on OHSAA) until the new principal hires another Warren person to be AD to hire another Warren coach. This is not the town or school district I grew up in. It is a shame one board member controls everything and the others allow him to do it and not speak up.

I know several Belpre graduates who have applied for administrative, teaching and coaching positions to not even get an interview. Yet people who are not qualified, or even have the proper license, are hired . I voted for every levy in the past but cannot this time. And before BJ jumps on here and says it has nothing to do with, I disagree. If the district cannot make timely and sound personnel decisions, why would I think they can make sound fiscal decisions. My kids are third generation Belpre students but it is time to sell my home and burn my orange and black clothes. My kids deserve a better school district and better future.
After this post how long will it take for some crony to post about how 3-7 Welch was a solid hire and how he was the brains behind the success of Fort Frye?

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

chrishilton91 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:01 pm

Forcing Dennis Eichenger out was the final nail in Belpre's coffin. It's been all down hill since.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Belpre should immediately start having success. Word is they have 50 players showing interest and that doesn’t count the one’s planning to move in from other area schools. With that many players and the coach that was leading the Fort Frye program at the helm they should become an immediate contender.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Well said. This is a team on the rise. A staff of proven winners and a hungry young team ready to beat Trimble.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:50 am Well said. This is a team on the rise. A staff of proven winners and a hungry young team ready to beat Trimble.
Thimble is not the team to beat. They’re no better than third best in the Hocking. Eastern will be doling out asspoundings to Thimble and Belpre and pretty much everyone else on the schedule. Enjoy :mrgreen:

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:45 am Belpre should immediately start having success. Word is they have 50 players showing interest and that doesn’t count the one’s planning to move in from other area schools. With that many players and the coach that was leading the Fort Frye program at the helm they should become an immediate contender.
Lol I got your sarcasm but looks like other didn’t.

Have any assistants been hired. Can’t find out since Belpre never posts their agenda in the website until months later.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:45 am Belpre should immediately start having success. Word is they have 50 players showing interest and that doesn’t count the one’s planning to move in from other area schools. With that many players and the coach that was leading the Fort Frye program at the helm they should become an immediate contender.
Been hearing about players from Warren, PHS and South are heading to Belpre. Is Welch really that good of a recruiter? He was an awful coach when he was at Eastern. Has he improved that much since then? Seriously curious.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.

Return to “Football”