Belpre football

A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Re: Belpre football

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

Where do I send my resume’? Truthfully with all I have done they should just give me the job.

Y'all are just gonna have to prove that!
rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

A Kinder Yogi wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:15 am Where do I send my resume’? Truthfully with all I have done they should just give me the job.
What's the latest on your job search Yogi, or is this just "a jab in the neck of the folks in Belpre?" :oops: :roll:

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

rickoshay wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:40 am
A Kinder Yogi wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:15 am Where do I send my resume’? Truthfully with all I have done they should just give me the job.
What's the latest on your job search Yogi, or is this just "a jab in the neck of the folks in Belpre?" :oops: :roll:
He's just being a sh*t stirrer.

I heard the job was posted in house!

A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

You guys are funny in the saddest way possible. You say this program needs a proven winner then when one shows up you accuse me of stirring the pot. I know its posted in house and I know I already have a stamp on the envelope for when it goes out to the pubic. I hope that if I get the job you guys dont keep playing the excuse making blame game that I see on here all the time now.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

chrishilton91 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:09 am

Tyler Schadd is the AD at Belpre and the right person to hire a replacement. The board should listen to his wishes.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

chrishilton91 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:09 am

I’m guessing it has to be posted in house per union contract.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It was posted today.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Good for Belpre and good riddance to Jimmie Bell. A total loser in every sense of the word.

Pittstop Billy
Waterboy

Post by Pittstop Billy »

A Kinder Yogi wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:27 am You guys are funny in the saddest way possible. You say this program needs a proven winner then when one shows up you accuse me of stirring the pot. I know its posted in house and I know I already have a stamp on the envelope for when it goes out to the pubic. I hope that if I get the job you guys dont keep playing the excuse making blame game that I see on here all the time now.
Why would anyone want that job is beyond me. But if you really want it here’s to hoping you get it Yog.

A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

I want it because I want to prove that I can coach AND win anywhere. I mean Belpre will be like building from scratch.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Any news on who’s applied? Been kinda hush hush around town

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

It’s a shame they haven’t named a coach yet. Every day those kids aren’t working in the weight room is just one more day they are behind their competition.

A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

First thing I would do if they hire me is get rid of Warren from the schedule. No point in playing that game anymore. Plus I dont want belpre kids seeing that nice facility and getting ideas from Warren recruiters about enrolling there.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Cincinnati Colerain's HC just resigned. They said they hoped to announce his replacement within 3-4 weeks. I'm sure they have to post the job in house just like Belpre.

The difference would be that they probably have several well qualified in house candidates to choose from. I would be very surprised that Belpre has anyone in house that will apply so it will be posted outside the district. The process will take longer for Belpre.

I would see if the junior high coach wouldn't consider doing an off-season conditioning program by paying him a supplemental contract to help the boys thru the off-season.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

:)
A Kinder Yogi wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:55 am First thing I would do if they hire me is get rid of Warren from the schedule. No point in playing that game anymore. Plus I dont want belpre kids seeing that nice facility and getting ideas from Warren recruiters about enrolling there.
Then you’re not the coach for Belpre. The Warren-Belpre game is tradition. Michigan didn’t take OSU off their schedule just because they couldn’t beat them for 10 years. Build the program up to where it was and you’ll beat Warren. It’s been done before..

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:53 pm :)
A Kinder Yogi wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:55 am First thing I would do if they hire me is get rid of Warren from the schedule. No point in playing that game anymore. Plus I dont want belpre kids seeing that nice facility and getting ideas from Warren recruiters about enrolling there.
Then you’re not the coach for Belpre. The Warren-Belpre game is tradition. Michigan didn’t take OSU off their schedule just because they couldn’t beat them for 10 years. Build the program up to where it was and you’ll beat Warren. It’s been done before..
Belpre should have never stopped playing Warren. I could see the argument back then that Warren district was to large for Belpre and Belpre was getting to banged up from the game and still had 9 games left to play. There were many years after Belpre dropped Warren that the game would have been competitive and Belpre would have won. Lets not forget that Warren has, for the most part, struggled since the series ended.

As for our facilities, they will improve by leaps and bounds once the levy passes AND the powers to be do the right thing and rebuild the district with the infrastructure needed to move us in the right direction, both educationally and for extracurriculars. I am not just talking about football or boys sports only but for girls as well AND getting back to having meaningful P.E. classes as well even if you are not playing a sport.

In a world that is becoming more sedimentary by the day, P.E. classes should be mandatory through 12th grade and not classes in which the kids just walk the track or the gym much like today's P.E. classes seem to be.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Interesting Schedule:

BELPRE
8/18/2023 A Vincent Warren
8/25/2023 H Beverly Fort Frye
9/1/2023 H Albany Alexander
9/8/2023 H Waterford
9/15/2023 H Caldwell
9/22/2023 A Paden City, WV
9/29/2023 H Glouster Trimble
10/6/2023 A Racine Southern
10/13/2023 A Reedsville Eastern
10/20/2023 H Parkersburg Catholic

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

chrishilton91 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:35 pm Interesting Schedule:

BELPRE
8/18/2023 A Vincent Warren
8/25/2023 H Beverly Fort Frye
9/1/2023 H Albany Alexander
9/8/2023 H Waterford
9/15/2023 H Caldwell
9/22/2023 A Paden City, WV
9/29/2023 H Glouster Trimble
10/6/2023 A Racine Southern
10/13/2023 A Reedsville Eastern
10/20/2023 H Parkersburg Catholic
Yes, this is interesting.

FF replaces Meigs which is fine because as things are now its a loss either way and we should play FF instead of Meigs IMHO.

No South Gallia this year or FH. I quess that means we aren't trying to compete for a TVC title? So, Paden City and Parkersburg Catholic take their places on the schedule. Trying to pick up a couple up of wins? This is how far we have fallen under the former coach.

I thought the agreement was that Belpre and Waterford were going to always play in week 10 as a rivalry game?

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

South Gallia will be in the SOC I next year.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

oneoak wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:54 pm South Gallia will be in the SOC I next year.
Thank you. I did not know that.

Return to “Football”