Belpre football

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre football

Post by BJCassady »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:16 pm
thirtyonetrap wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:35 am Says everything that the best thing someone can say on the FOOTBALL THREAD is to congratulate the XC team
Belpre has kids that do things very well and they are out there. The football situation is tough and must be built back up….that’s not easy. That said Belpre has had elite XC runners for a long time. They may have the state champion next year. Football team can be successful too, along with soccer but there are a ton of factors. Selflessness is one of the key ones. Good luck to Belpre.

I just thought this thread was going nowhere else and complimented what I knew was very good.
Thank you for your kind words. Not very many people know of the successes of the other sports. XC program is one of the best state wide.

The marching band program, once the center piece of all things Belpre, fell on hard times with only 7 matching members. The BOE bit the bullet and made a very unpopular decision to suspend marching band for several seasons while keeping classroom band. They got a new band director, from inside the district, that has turned the program completely around going to the state competition last year and this year earning high honors at that level.

Regardless of how low a program can drop, if the powers to be get the right people in the right positions, good things can happen.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

🤞 here’s to Belpre making the right decision for kids at Thursday’s board meeting. Do it now so the new guy can get things straightened out and get them in the weight room. We need an alumnus who knows how to win.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Mike Waderker is the perfect hire and would bring a true Belpre staff with him. He loves Belpre so much.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Belpre needs a guy who was around in the Holder days and knows just how good the program was and what it took to be that way. Winning and physicality were simply expected. Granted, they won’t have the players they did then, but the mentality is a starting point. Unfortunately, all those guys either moved away, aren’t interested in coaching, or are coaching at other schools. I really do hope they can find a solution because it’s sad to see what a historically good program has devolved into.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:13 pm Mike Waderker is the perfect hire and would bring a true Belpre staff with him. He loves Belpre so much.
He hasn’t even coached before has he?

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

beg003 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:35 pm Belpre needs a guy who was around in the Holder days and knows just how good the program was and what it took to be that way. Winning and physicality were simply expected. Granted, they won’t have the players they did then, but the mentality is a starting point. Unfortunately, all those guys either moved away, aren’t interested in coaching, or are coaching at other schools. I really do hope they can find a solution because it’s sad to see what a historically good program has devolved into.
Talked to a buddy of mine who played during the holder days and is interested in applying. He has coached at Belpre and in the TVC as well as the MSAC in West Virginia. He coached my kids and did a great job and kids loved him. He will bring in a good staff with strong Belpre ties and Pride. Told him I would help.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Adams at Williamstown would be a great head coach. Jason Gandee at Warren, Edgell at Warren, Jeff Freeland, Mike Baker, Tim Baker. There are plenty of Belpre alum out there to turn that program around. Just depends on how bad they want to be a head coach.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

IMO If nothing is done this Thursday they won’t do anything till spring when they non renew all coaches as per state code. However I think they need to do it now to get the new coach in ASAP to get kids out and In weight room.
Last edited by chrishilton91 on Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Agreed. And maybe the new guy can figure out a way to score points against Trimble.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Really hope Belpre can get back to being a respectable program again. Would make the Belpre vs. Warren game mean something again...

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Nothing on tonight's BOE meeting about football. At least another month of nothing positive for Belpre Football.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre needs a “Belpre guy” to get kids more excited and out for the team.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:45 pm Belpre needs a “Belpre guy” to get kids more excited and out for the team.
Agreed, but doesn’t matter until the super and board decide a change is needed.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:35 pm Belpre needs a guy who was around in the Holder days and knows just how good the program was and what it took to be that way. Winning and physicality were simply expected. Granted, they won’t have the players they did then, but the mentality is a starting point. Unfortunately, all those guys either moved away, aren’t interested in coaching, or are coaching at other schools. I really do hope they can find a solution because it’s sad to see what a historically good program has devolved into.
Just don’t think that work with kids now days in Belpre

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:31 pm
Maybe it wouldn’t, but more often than not kids will rise to the level of expectation set and vice versa. I don’t see how tough love would be worse than getting your teeth kicked in every week with a clown as a head coach. But you have a point, Belpre is a very different community now compared to then.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

beg003 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:08 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:31 pm
Maybe it wouldn’t, but more often than not kids will rise to the level of expectation set and vice versa. I don’t see how tough love would be worse than getting your teeth kicked in every week with a clown as a head coach. But you have a point, Belpre is a very different community now compared to then.
10000% agreed

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

Word on the street is Yogi Kinder has been spotted in Belpre. Reportedly he was given a tour of the school and facility. For those that don’t know he won multiple state championships in West Virginia. This could get interesting. How do you choose between a former tOSU player and a state championship coach? I know who I’d pick.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

We want Yogi but dont you be getting any ideas about trying to join his staff. I remember how Southern was trying to use that Booby Bump blocking system you invented.

A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

I was hoping to keep all this on the downlow. But, I do think Belpre could be a great next step for me.

Y'all are just gonna have to prove that!
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Tom Smyth wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:50 am Word on the street is Yogi Kinder has been spotted in Belpre. Reportedly he was given a tour of the school and facility. For those that don’t know he won multiple state championships in West Virginia. This could get interesting. How do you choose between a former tOSU player and a state championship coach? I know who I’d pick.
Yogi lives in Tennessee. Why would he be in Belpre?

Return to “Football”