Belpre football

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre football

Post by Lucky Charms »

Maybe because of the assumed coaching opening?

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Fletchlives wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:56 am
Tom Smyth wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:50 am Word on the street is Yogi Kinder has been spotted in Belpre. Reportedly he was given a tour of the school and facility. For those that don’t know he won multiple state championships in West Virginia. This could get interesting. How do you choose between a former tOSU player and a state championship coach? I know who I’d pick.
Yogi lives in Tennessee. Why would he be in Belpre?
He11 bud I thought you were just a devout Eastern hater and self proclaimed TVC expert. Didn’t realize you were a walking address book of high school football coaches. Since you are, I’d be interested in knowing where JD Graham and Bob Lutz are living these days. How about Ralph Holder, Danny Tennant? Ed Cromley?

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Never said I was an eastern hater. Just don’t appreciate ur constant (and ur two buddies…probably same person) attacking of Other schools.

And there’s this thing they invented called an internet where you can look things up like where coach kinder is living.
Last edited by Fletchlives on Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Fletchlives wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:52 pm Never said I was an eastern hater. Just don’t appreciate ur constant (and ur two buddies…probably same person) attacking of Other school.

And there’s this thing they invented called an internet where you can look things up like where coach kinder is living.
There you go again making accusations with no merit. You don’t seem to have any issues with the multiple fans from Waterford and Trimble “attacking” Eastern so yeah you are clearly an Eastern hater. Or, maybe you are the same person attacking Eastern using multiple usernames. That’s what I think.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

Fletchlives wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:52 pm Never said I was an eastern hater. Just don’t appreciate ur constant (and ur two buddies…probably same person) attacking of Other schools.

And we all know everything on the internet is true
Last edited by A Kinder Yogi on Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Y'all are just gonna have to prove that!
TigerFan15
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFan15 »

The new K-12 Belpre facility levy failed in the spring by a mere 60 votes. Very attainable numbers for the next time around. But the board’s failure to take any action to attempt to right the ship for this year’s football program had to play a large part in the levy being defeated this fall by more than 250 votes.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

TigerFan15 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:11 pm The new K-12 Belpre facility levy failed in the spring by a mere 60 votes. Very attainable numbers for the next time around. But the board’s failure to take any action to attempt to right the ship for this year’s football program had to play a large part in the levy being defeated this fall by more than 250 votes.
Respectfully disagree.

Bond issue failed by the same percentage in November that it did back in the spring. I don't think the football situation should have any affect on how people should vote. At least it doesn't with me. VOTE YES!

I hope the Board of Education will do what is right and non renew Bell's contract and thus move the program in a better direction. Due to the lack of leadership in this situation, our football program has become the worst in S.E. Ohio of those schools who fielded teams this past season and one of the worst in Ohio. And no, I DO NOT blame the players, I blame the adults in charge.

To the BOE and administration, time to move the program forward with a viable coaching change. Coach Bell isn't the solution to turning the program around.

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

^^^ Time seems right for Yogi to take over.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

https://www.bellempowered.com/about.html
Looks like bell is more interested in 8 man football in Columbus.

A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

I just hope something can get done soon while there are interested candidates

Y'all are just gonna have to prove that!
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

chrishilton91 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:11 pm https://www.bellempowered.com/about.html
Well it specifically says he is trying to start 8-man football in southeastern Ohio.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

enigmaax wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:45 pm
chrishilton91 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:11 pm https://www.bellempowered.com/about.html
Well it specifically says he is trying to start 8-man football in southeastern Ohio.
I should have said he lives in Columbus. And I re-read it and noticed the address he is using for the 8 man is Belpre High School. And has Belpre and Fort Frye students in his pictures (wonder if the schools and parents are aware of it). And why is he pushing for 8 man football? And he even has the gaul to use Belpre school colors for his website. I have never seen someone so self-righteous and self-promoting as this guy.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

If he is using 612 3rd Street, which is the mailing address for Belpre High School, then one would assume that he has the blessing of the BOE and Belpre schools administration to explore or move Belpre to 8 man football.

Interesting that his website says that you need 30 - 35 players for 11 man football but you can have 8 man football with 20 - 22 players. I think he had 16 players his first year and 14 this year. By his own definition he can't get enough players for an 8 man team.

The BOE and the administration have the responsibility to let the parents, players and public know at the earliest date i.e. the next board meeting, of their intentions for the football program, 8 or 11 man football and a proposed schedule.

I would assume that the TVC would also be very interested in knowing the district's direction concerning football at the earliest possible date as well.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

So basically he is saying the largest school in the TVC Hocking can not field a 11 man football team but schools in rural locations that are smaller can, wow! Isn’t this the school and community that once had a fantastic football tradition that had state playoff teams when it was a lot tougher to get in than it is now?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre has plenty of kids they just need to right people to get the players to come out for the team.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Wow! If the BOE brings him back they should all be removed. How can they justify renewing this guy who clearly doesn’t know what he is doing, lives in Columbus and is using the kids for his own gain.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I’m hearing he did not get renewed.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:58 pm I’m hearing he did not get renewed.
It wasn’t on the BOE agenda.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Tom Smyth wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:16 pm ^^^ Time seems right for Yogi to take over.
I feel for Belpre but I’m not sure we want this. Or at least the TVC Hocking won’t. The guy will have Belpre dominating.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

chrishilton91 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:00 am
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:58 pm I’m hearing he did not get renewed.
It wasn’t on the BOE agenda.
He already told the players

Return to “Football”