Belpre football

*D1*
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre football

Post by *D1* »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:22 pm We’ll beat the holy brakes off of Belpre if they’re not afraid to play us. In a few years when we’re really good again I hope they don’t play us. But next year we need a game like this.
I’ve heard they’re not going to play any of the better teams on their schedule. They dropped us like so fast it made heads spin after Jimmy stepped down. Cowards.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

The new coach is a no-nonsense solid leader. I am surprised they were smart enough to hire him…Big M the for crap Board member usually hires someone to satisfy his ego. Big M’s knowledge runs no deeper than the vegetable Dept at Kroger.

The Voice aka LR
Waterboy

Post by The Voice aka LR »

Maybe. But he aint scoring on Trimble. Couldnt do it at Eastern and wont do it at Belpre. Just my thoughts guys.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Tiger73 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:20 pm The new coach is a no-nonsense solid leader. I am surprised they were smart enough to hire him…Big M the for crap Board member usually hires someone to satisfy his ego. Big M’s knowledge runs no deeper than the vegetable Dept at Kroger.
I’ve heard his record as a head coach is dismal at best. Not too many solid leaders have losing records. But maybe he’s an exception?

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

I posted this on the girls' basketball forum but feel the need to share on here to show the same ole same ole continues at Belpre.

Belpre's Head Girls coach resigned weeks ago and the job has yet to be posted! Why? The word is, the AD will become the principal and he wants the new AD to hire the new coach because he caught too much crap for hiring Warren people (where he is from and still lives). And what we are hearing is a couple more Warren people will be assistants football coaches.

It is ridiculous our girls have to wait just like in football.

When is the board and administration going to get it together. They want us to pass a levy but they can't even make basic personel discussions in a timely manner.

From what I hear, the AD doesn't even have is principals license (and I know people who are certified and with experience applied). Just like the middle school and elementary principal didn't have their license either when they were hired. From what I've seen, the AD hasn't been to many (or not seen) at volleyball games or girls' basketball games because he is taking classes to get his principal's license.

The next board meeting isn't until late April and the school year will soon be over. How about thinking of the kids "first" for once...remember if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have jobs.

To add to this:

I know a few people who applied for the football job, some never even got an interview (i am not going to share names because of their privacy), they all had HC and/or corodinator experience. I also know of a guy who did NOT apply for the job but the AD called him and asked if he would like to interview, which he did. He got a call and was told someone else was offered the position. literally the next day the job was posted on OHSAA. Quite dirty in my opinion.

So, let's look at the big picture. Interviews were held, some applied, some didn't but were interviewed, so then the AD posts it on OHSAA to make it look like they looked every where for a coach. So in the end, he recommended his former teacher. And then the new guy brings in more Warren people but, not the teacher at Belpre who got the kids out to play in junior high last season.

I wasn't going to post on the Belpre football job anymore but now it looks like they are going to drag their feet again in another sport, I had to speak up. And they want to give the AD the principals job when he is in over is head now and can't make a decision.

Enough is Enough.

JBsezBELIEVE
Waterboy

Post by JBsezBELIEVE »

chrishilton91 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:08 pm I posted this on the girls' basketball forum but feel the need to share on here to show the same ole same ole continues at Belpre.

Belpre's Head Girls coach resigned weeks ago and the job has yet to be posted! Why? The word is, the AD will become the principal and he wants the new AD to hire the new coach because he caught too much crap for hiring Warren people (where he is from and still lives). And what we are hearing is a couple more Warren people will be assistants football coaches.

It is ridiculous our girls have to wait just like in football.

When is the board and administration going to get it together. They want us to pass a levy but they can't even make basic personel discussions in a timely manner.

From what I hear, the AD doesn't even have is principals license (and I know people who are certified and with experience applied). Just like the middle school and elementary principal didn't have their license either when they were hired. From what I've seen, the AD hasn't been to many (or not seen) at volleyball games or girls' basketball games because he is taking classes to get his principal's license.

The next board meeting isn't until late April and the school year will soon be over. How about thinking of the kids "first" for once...remember if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have jobs.

To add to this:

I know a few people who applied for the football job, some never even got an interview (i am not going to share names because of their privacy), they all had HC and/or corodinator experience. I also know of a guy who did NOT apply for the job but the AD called him and asked if he would like to interview, which he did. He got a call and was told someone else was offered the position. literally the next day the job was posted on OHSAA. Quite dirty in my opinion.

So, let's look at the big picture. Interviews were held, some applied, some didn't but were interviewed, so then the AD posts it on OHSAA to make it look like they looked every where for a coach. So in the end, he recommended his former teacher. And then the new guy brings in more Warren people but, not the teacher at Belpre who got the kids out to play in junior high last season.

I wasn't going to post on the Belpre football job anymore but now it looks like they are going to drag their feet again in another sport, I had to speak up. And they want to give the AD the principals job when he is in over is head now and can't make a decision.

Enough is Enough.
And people wonder why I got the heII out of there. Please! Place is a circus man. So many negatives tryin keep you from being successful. Good luck to the guy with the losing record. Tryin get a proven loser to keep up the losing after we finally got it going in the right direction. I hired the Belpre teacher and was planning to groom him for the HC gig in a few years after we won the conference a few times. And we were going to win the conference. Now ? What a mess.

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Welsh is solid. The Board could have hired another clown in order to please Big M but didn’t. Big M dominates everyone…he is a credible loser. Has lost at everything.

Ttomcat1000+
Waterboy

Post by Ttomcat1000+ »

Tiger73 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:44 pm Welsh is solid. The Board could have hired another clown in order to please Big M but didn’t. Big M dominates everyone…he is a credible loser. Has lost at everything.
Talked to a guy who claims to know Welsh well and solid isn’t how he describes him as far as being a head coach goes. To quote, “his record speaks volumes.”

SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

My god they suck

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Someone on another thread said Welch has 50 some players showing up. Said they are guaranteeing that they will win some games this year.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

What thread? Eastern started a thread that they had 50 lol

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Welsh will be seen as a quiet, solid, no bs person. He know the game and will set up an offense and defense that fits his athletes.
Bell took us to the bottom…we should thanks a coach who would take this mess.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Tiger73 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:46 pm Welsh will be seen as a quiet, solid, no bs person. He know the game and will set up an offense and defense that fits his athletes.
Bell took us to the bottom…we should thanks a coach who would take this mess.
Us? You live in Marietta. What r u talking about, us?

SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

They’re so bad lol

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

SG REBEL wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:06 am They’re so bad lol
What are you 12 years old geez

SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

Fletchlives wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:17 am
We beat them

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

SG REBEL wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:47 am
Fletchlives wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:17 am
We beat them
Hey coach W is back. Hey coach do you really have 50 players like they said earlier? That’s great. Already making an impact and that’s what Big M was looking for and why he said he wanted you. He said Bell got it started and now you get to reap the benefits and finish it.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

Fletchlives wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:06 pm What thread? Eastern started a thread that they had 50 lol
Man it sure is great to see you on here Coach Welsch. Hearing good things about a tvc title run and a layoff appearance. My wife has offered to make cookies for your weekly staff meeting all you have to do is let us know how many you need. Hoping you can build back what we have started.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:02 am
Fletchlives wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:06 pm What thread? Eastern started a thread that they had 50 lol
Man it sure is great to see you on here Coach Welsch. Hearing good things about a tvc title run and a layoff appearance. My wife has offered to make cookies for your weekly staff meeting all you have to do is let us know how many you need. Hoping you can build back what we have started.
And already digging on Eastern too. Looks like he’s on top of things. I’ve heard that Big M is already impressed and he’s glad that the things Bell got started are going to be continued. He was a huge fan of Jimmy, as we all know.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

eagle25 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:06 am
Eagle Pappaw wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:02 am
And already digging on Eastern too. Looks like he’s on top of things. I’ve heard that Big M is already impressed and he’s glad that the things Bell got started are going to be continued. He was a huge fan of Jimmy, as we all know.
He’s already going to get smacked in the mouth by Eastern so any digs he gets in will only make it worse.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.

Return to “Football”