Belpre football

TigerFan15
Riding the Bench

Re: Belpre football

Post by TigerFan15 »

Playing Warren could be at the direction of the athletic director anyway and not the head coach. It’s not like Warren has been a dominant program of any sort the last ten years so to give them up for the reasons you state will leave people scratching their head. Not wanting to play a school because you simply don’t want to expose your players to their quality facilities is hard for me to understand. What if the other teams all stopped playing Belpre because they haven’t been capable of fielding a competitive team? Competition is the cornerstone to all athletics.

A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

TigerFan15 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:04 pm Playing Warren could be at the direction of the athletic director anyway and not the head coach. It’s not like Warren has been a dominant program of any sort the last ten years so to give them up for the reasons you state will leave people scratching their head. Not wanting to play a school because you simply don’t want to expose your players to their quality facilities is hard for me to understand. What if the other teams all stopped playing Belpre because they haven’t been capable of fielding a competitive team? Competition is the cornerstone to all athletics.
Your post is confusing too. Fans always say schedule up so you are battle tested for the playoffs. So shouldnt Warren want to be rid if Belpre. Playing that game cant possibly prep them for playoffs. Oh wait. Warren isnt usually in playoffs. They like beating smaller schools. Did they hire their admins from Logan. Thats how they operate.

Y'all are just gonna have to prove that!
OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

A Kinder Yogi wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:11 pm
TigerFan15 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:04 pm Playing Warren could be at the direction of the athletic director anyway and not the head coach. It’s not like Warren has been a dominant program of any sort the last ten years so to give them up for the reasons you state will leave people scratching their head. Not wanting to play a school because you simply don’t want to expose your players to their quality facilities is hard for me to understand. What if the other teams all stopped playing Belpre because they haven’t been capable of fielding a competitive team? Competition is the cornerstone to all athletics.
Your post is confusing too. Fans always say schedule up so you are battle tested for the playoffs. So shouldnt Warren want to be rid if Belpre. Playing that game cant possibly prep them for playoffs. Oh wait. Warren isnt usually in playoffs. They like beating smaller schools. Did they hire their admins from Logan. Thats how they operate.
Prepare them for the playoffs for what? Maybe winning 1-2 games (if they ever make it) and then getting smashed anyway? Schools need to keep traditional High School rivalries going regardless of school size. Belpre is more than capable of beating Warren in sports. Just depends on who is their leaders and the mindsets they develop. Last time I checked, their kids are the same ages..

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Yall are still just butt hurt because you were dumb enough to leave the tvc and now you cant get back in. Its your own fault. IMO no one in the league should schedule Warren.......EVER

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Heard you guys were hiring back that used car salesman.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:24 pm Heard you guys were hiring back that used car salesman.
He’s not a used car salesman and he did a great job with what he had. Got them first playoff win in school history.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:41 pm
The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:24 pm Heard you guys were hiring back that used car salesman.
He’s not a used car salesman and he did a great job with what he had. Got them first playoff win in school history.
Who was the win against and what year? Can’t seem to remember for some reason.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:05 pm
Newcomerstown

It was a covid forfeit but I think they might of win anyway. In all honesty he had them at 4-6 and made them competitive with like 20 kids. He had them in the right direction.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:06 pm
beg003 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:05 pm

I think you have your facts jumbled sir. Belpre has never won a playoff game. The game against newcomerstown was a forfeit bc they didn’t want to play. And Adams was not the coach.

Newcomerstown

It was a covid forfeit but I think they might of win anyway. In all honesty he had them at 4-6 and made them competitive with like 20 kids. He had them in the right direction.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

I know a couple people who applied. They have not heard anything from the AD.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I was talking about Lance Bineger and it def says they advanced on the bracket take your wins anyway you can.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:24 am I was talking about Lance Bineger and it def says they advanced on the bracket take your wins anyway you can.
The bracket says “No Contest” and the rules specifically stated that COVID forfeits did not count as wins or losses that year. It isn’t a matter of opinion, it was factually not a win.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

so has Belpre ever won a playoff game or not?

A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

Just to set everyones mind at ease. I am now a finalist for the job. Cant wait to beat Warrens arse.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stephanie called Ohsaa and asked and covid playoff wins count.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre would have won that game anyway.

A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

How many seniors were on the team last year?

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:52 pm Stephanie called Ohsaa and asked and covid playoff wins count.
Stephanie might want to call back

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/ ... ipants.pdf

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

A Kinder Yogi wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:14 pm How many seniors were on the team last year?
I think 5. However, there never was a published roster in either of the football previews for the local papers nor was there a football program for purchase at the home games this year or last. I think later in the season we may have had 16 players on the team but I never saw that many dressed at any one game. 14 tops.

Also, I thought Lance Binegar did a good job 3 seasons ago. Expecially after taking the HC job at the last minute when DeVol wasn't coming back due to health issues. If the BOE had hired him instead of Bell after Lance's 1 season, I don't think we would be in our current situation. JMHO.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

BJCassady wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:00 pm
A Kinder Yogi wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:14 pm How many seniors were on the team last year?
I think 5. However, there never was a published roster in either of the football previews for the local papers nor was there a football program for purchase at the home games this year or last. I think later in the season we may have had 16 players on the team but I never saw that many dressed at any one game. 14 tops.

Also, I thought Lance Binegar did a good job 3 seasons ago. Expecially after taking the HC job at the last minute when DeVol wasn't coming back due to health issues. If the BOE had hired him instead of Bell after Lance's 1 season, I don't think we would be in our current situation. JMHO.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
BJ, you may wanna check why he has been at a bunch of schools for one year only and no longer coaches at Ritchie (where he teaches) and P-Catholic.

Return to “Football”